Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:that  cant acknowledge and appreciate  Rafael Benitez's importance to this clubs lineage is either of questionable character

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Wouldn't be the first time someone's said that to me. Fortunately though I'm not alone. Tends to be about a 60-40 split. The ones who do know their ***** from their elbow are usually found in the 40 :;):
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:19 am

Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Meanwhile back to the academy.

This was in the Independent on line a couple of days ago

Liverpool's sacked academy director, Frank McParland, is understood to have been told that the club's American owners decided he should be removed from his post, along with his head coach Rodolfo Borrell, in a move that strengthens Brendan Rodgers' control at the club.

Academy players were stunned to hear of the news of the dismissals of McParland and Borrell, who were appointed in 2009 in the Rafael Benitez era. Many of the players were huge enthusiasts for Borrell's coaching style, while McParland was also respected within the Kirkby training base as the individual who would enforce discipline when required.

McParland is understood to have had a growing sense of uncertainty about his job in recent days amid doubts about some aspects of the academy's future direction as it develops under the men Rodgers has wanted to see installed. Neil Critchley arrived from Crewe Alexandra to run the under-18s, after Steve Cooper's contract was not renewed at the end of last season, and Alex Inglethorpe, who is close to Rodgers, came from Tottenham Hotspur to become reserve-team manager, five months after Rodgers was appointed manager in 2012.

Though Rodgers initially insisted that Spaniard Borrell's thinking was "very similar to mine in the best way to educate and develop players" there does seem to have become a difference in philosophy, with the new arrivals possibly more attuned to Rodgers' ideas on player development. Borrell and McParland's perspective – dating from the Benitez era – is that player development requires physical and tactical dimensions, with more emphasis on winning games, as well as Rodgers' technical component.

Rodgers was unwilling to discuss the removal of McParland or Borrell at his press conference ahead of Saturday's Goodison derby. Asked if the removal of the two men demonstrated that he wanted a greater influence at the Kirkby establishment, he said: "I have been heavily involved [in the academy]. My first [priority] is with youth, whether it's players or staff. A lot of my life has been spent in youth development. I understand all facets of academy development. That's something that will never change."

There is no truth in rumours that Borrell, who coached at Barcelona before Benitez moved for him on the recommendation of his own trusted associate Pep Seguro, might be destined for Manchester City, which has a strong Spanish element under chief executive Ferran Soriano. The timing of the dismissals is surprising, with no apparent plan in place to restructure things. Borrell and McParland's departures leave managing director Ian Ayre as the sole remnant of the George Gillett/Tom Hicks era.

Benitez ascribes huge value to the coaching role Borrell has played at Kirkby and is also a huge enthusiast for McParland, who has remained in contact with the Spaniard since his departure from Anfield. Andre Wisdom, one of those who graduated from the academy to the first team last season, told The Independent then that Borrell was his mentor and that the Spaniard's low profile belied his huge role. He exhorted Wisdom, Conor Coady, Suso, Raheem Sterling and others to move the ball fast when they could, but to play a different, more physical way when required. Borrell "turned me from a boy to a man", Wisdom said.

The departures are the latest in a history of internal strife concerning the academy. Benitez and Gérard Houllier were both at odds with the former director Steve Heighway concerning who should have control over youth football at the club. Heighway left in 2007.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 pm

i suppose brendan wants his own mates in who he is comfortable working with which is fair enough i suppose.
one thing that is clear to me is that these acadamies cant take average talents and turn them into great players, no matter how good the facilities are or how good the coaches are no club on the planet has a built a production line that churns out clones of steven gerrard.
the talent has got to be there in the first place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Liverpool U21's v Aston Villa U21's

Yesil off the mark on his return from injury ,and Ngoo with a well taken header after some great work from  Brad Smith gives the young reds
a 2-0 lead at half time.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:30 am

Worth a watch

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

i think adam morgan has signed for yeovil on a permanent basis, good luck to the lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:07 pm wrote:i think adam morgan has signed for yeovil on a permanent basis, good luck to the lad.

Yep, confirmed now. Best of luck to him
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Under 18's kicking off live on LFCTV if any posters looking to get a glimpse of Wilson ,Tricket Smith ,Sinclair and Chivrella.

Still 0-0 Trickett Smith pulling all the strings and looks a really good player ,other than that Chivrella has left the field after
a crunching tackle ,but looked tidy and composed before he was withdrawn.

Brilliant defence splitting pass from Trickett Smith to Sinclair ,has his legs swept from under him and should be a definite pen ,its not
and Sinclair receiving intensive treatment. Middlesbrough taking no prisoners here ,Wilson pulled unceremoniously to the floor.

Not impressed with this supposed 'Wonderkid ' Shey OJo we signed from MK Dons ,seems to dawdle on the ball ,Harry Wilson hits the
crossbar with attempt froma brilliant free kck.....All Liverpool and Daniel  Trickett Smith dominating the midfield ,great cross from
Harry Wilson to Sinclair 1-0 Liverpool good strong header.

Half time ,Liverpool 1-0 .
I leave the game to answer the door to a neighbour and its 2-0 ,not a clue who scored .....cant be arsed watching now.
Sinclair with the both ,nicely worked by all accounts....Ryan Crump in between the sticks looks a damn good prospect for a
young goalkeeper....made some vital saves .

Liverpool 3 now the sub Dan Cleary with good work from Kent .
3-0 Liverpool Trickett Smith, Harry Wilson and Sinclair all clearly talented and definitely have a future at this club ,unless we
end up selling them to Blackpool that is. ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 pm

For anyone interested in our youngsters progress in the FA Youth Cup.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:33 pm

We've got a youth player of Indian origin playing for us and he's really highly rated. Check out his performance for the England team against Denmark.
I was actually more attracted to the English central midfielder with the afro though. He seem to be dictating the play really well. Anyone knows who he is?

http://talksport.com/football/video-liv ... 4021379650
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:37 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:33 pm wrote:We've got a youth player of Indian origin playing for us and he's really highly rated. Check out his performance for the England team against Denmark.
I was actually more attracted to the English central midfielder with the afro though. He seem to be dictating the play really well. Anyone knows who he is?

http://talksport.com/football/video-liv ... 4021379650

Willian playing for England?  :wwww he seems to be the live wire of the team and spray passes around
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Yeah he looks good doesn't he? He seems like a playmaker kinda guy. Reminds me alot of someone from the Spanish squad.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Sakho and Lucas both playing for the under 21's tonight.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:26 pm

So bar Enrique, we have our full squad available now?

Anyway, it's great to hear that Sakho is finally back. We have some tough fixtures coming up so we'll definitely need him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion