Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Good to see we have fixed our links with Southend Untied
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26541614
Liverpool defender Jakub Sokolik in Southend United loan
Southend United have signed Liverpool's Czech defender Jakub Sokolik on a youth loan until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old joined Liverpool from Banik Ostrava in the 2009-10 season and has been part of their Under-21 squad.

He was an unused substitute for Southend in Tuesday's 2-2 League Two draw at Scunthorpe United .

"He's looking for a contract at the end of the season, so has everything to play for," Southend manager Phil Brown told BBC Essex.

Sokolik's arrival bolsters a Shrimpers defence that has been hit by injuries to Luke Prosser and Adam Thompson in recent weeks

I hope this means we will be looking at there young players aswell now like we once did.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Absolutely gutted for the kids last night. 4-2 up with 3 minutes of extra time to go and somehow managed to throw it all away and lose on penalties.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Apparently Rodolfo Borrell is joining Man City
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Apparently Rodolfo Borrell is joining Man City

Isn't that why we sacked him?

Looking at our promising youngsters at the moment though (Sterling, Wisdom, Suso etc.), maybe we should have tried a bit harder to keep him here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

MELBOURNE teenager Jake Brimmer is pinching himself after signing with boyhood idol Liverpool, but said the ­ultimate goal is cracking ­Brendan Rodgers’ firsts team.

The crafty midfielder signed with the Reds after impressing youth coaches during trials.

Brimmer, who turned 16 in April, was spotted during ­Liverpool’s Melbourne tour last July and penned a three-year deal with the giant.

On the verge of signing with Melbourne Victory before Reds scouts spotted him, ­Brimmer’s Maltese ancestry enables him to relocate before turning 18 using his European Union passport.

Brimmer said it was the first step to realising his first-team dream.

“That’s the goal, it’s a big move but hopefully it’s not just three years. I want to make a career out of it, make the first team and make it my life,’’ Brimmer said.

“It’s unbelievable, I’ve been over three times and the ­experience gets better. It’s ­surreal.

“Walking around the changerooms, going to Melwood (training base) and warming up at Anfield for an under-21 game after supporting Liverpool as a kid, my childhood dream is coming true.

“I’ve been put on a pre-season program at Liverpool which includes fitness and gym work and lots of technical work with Greg (Mangonis, Nuna­wading City coach) and I plan to go there fitter than ever.

“I met Kenny Dalglish, who was brilliant and offered his support, also Jamie Carragher and Robbie Fowler. It was amazing.’’

The overhaul of Liverpool’s once famous academy has been Rodgers-led and his hands-on approach is akin to Ange Postecoglou at Victory.

Liverpool scout Barry Hunter spotted him playing for the Victorian NTC (National Training Centre) squad at Moreland last July.

But it was at Nunawading City, a club at which Postecoglou had helped set up the junior structure, where Brimmer cut his teeth.

He felt at home in a Reds shirt with Nunawading having adopted a similar technique and possession-based football philosophy.

Postecoglou, who offered Brimmer the Victory contract before accepting the Socceroos job, said there was a long way to go before he could join Aussies Craig Johnston, Harry Kewell and Brad Jones as first-teamers.

“I’ve known Jake and his family for a little while and it’s an exciting opportunity for him and they’re very excited by his development,’’ he said.

“He’s got some major obstacles to overcome, but he’s a very talented kid, he’s very committed to the national team as well so it would be great if he could develop.

“I spoke to Brendan briefly, he’s aware of him, but it’s more the academy coaches that have shown the interest.

“Liverpool are looking to revamp their youth development program, they understand they’ve fallen behind in many respects and not many players have come through their system so hopefully if there’s a shift in that emphasis Jake is one of the beneficiaries of it.’’

Rodgers, whose Reds face an uphill battle to claim the Premier League title tomorrow night, has handed debuts to many youth players. Winger Raheem Sterling, 19, has ­become a regular this season.

“We’re delighted to have Jake Brimmer join us this summer,’’ Liverpool youth coach Alex
Inglethorpe said.

“When he arrives he will be a full-time scholar, which will see him attend our comprehensive secondary school, Rainhill.

“He will also take part in community work which replaces Academy players cleaning boots and baths of the senior team.”

Brimmer’s family, including father and coach Steve Brimmer — who helped facilitate the deal alongside Melbourne-based agency Twenty3 Sport & Entertainment — and talented young brother Sean will also relocate in June.

The Australian Joeys (U17s) player paid tribute to Rowville Sports Academy and its coaches — Stuart Munro, Ian Greener and Bobby McLaughlin.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 21, 2014 3:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 21, 2014 3:30 pm

“Walking around the changerooms, going to Melwood (training base) and warming up at Anfield for an under-21 game after supporting Liverpool as a kid, my childhood dream is coming true.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

"as a kid" ? how old does he think he is now  :eyebrow

And somebody should tell him to get a f'ucking haircut !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 21, 2014 4:55 pm

It's a cool hair do Woof. You're just a generation behind  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 22, 2014 9:54 am

maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 21, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:It's a cool hair do Woof. You're just a generation behind  :rasp

:laugh:

Emo type styling is sooooo old, and you're calling me a generation behind ! At a guess I'd say it's a style you're still wearing ?    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 23, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm currently wearing the same mohawk Agger had some time back :D

Anyway, the following players has been released:
Yalany Baio
Villyan Bijev
Yusuf Mersin
Michael Ngoo
Craig Roddan
Stephen Sama
Jakub Sokolik
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri May 23, 2014 9:53 pm

damjan193 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:19 pm wrote:Apparently Rodolfo Borrell is joining Man City

Isn't that why we sacked him?

Looking at our promising youngsters at the moment though (Sterling, Wisdom, Suso etc.), maybe we should have tried a bit harder to keep him here.
hes clearly got a skill with youth player development but let's be clear Sterling's major development step up cane up Rodgers guidance.

I don't think we should overplay Borrell's importance
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Barcelona want to acquire one of Liverpool’s brightest teenage talents in a move which would deprive Brendan Rodgers of a midfielder who is on the brink of breaking through into his first-team squad.

Cameron Brannagan, who turned 18 earlier this month, underlined his status as arguably the club’s finest academy player with a stellar substitute’s performance for the first team in last week’s friendly against Shamrock Rovers. Barcelona – who have watched him for the last year – have received rave scouting reports and are seeking him for their B side. After a day of rumours on Thursday about the Spanish club’s interest in him, Brannagan enigmatically tweeted “…”. The ellipsis may have been his way of saying “watch this space”.

Liverpool’s academy coaching staff view Brannagan as a midfielder with the potential to be a top player, owing to his balance, vision and his ability with both feet. He operates as an attacking midfielder, though not in the hole behind the striker.

Some equate his balance with that of Jack Wilshere, though comparisons of any such kind are always dangerous at such an early age. He and Liverpool’s 17-year-old midfielder Jordan Rossiter are seen by some as the academy’s two brightest hopes, though Rossiter, a Liverpudlian, has been the subject of more attention in a city which is always looking for its next big footballing star.

Brannagan was brought up in Salford, in a staunch Manchester United-supporting family, though Liverpool spotted him very early and signed him to their academy as a seven-year-old. United then realised his potential and attempted to bring him to Carrington, though  Brannagan insisted that he wanted to stick with the club who had first shown interest in him.

The dimension to his game which Brannagan has yet to develop is his personality on the field. He is by no means brash and this may prove to be a significant factor if it comes down to him choosing between staying in the North-west or leaving for a new life in Spain.

Rodgers rates Brannagan highly enough to have named him on the bench for Liverpool’s FA Cup third-round tie with Oldham Athletic in January. If the game – which Liverpool won 2-0 – had been a less tense affair, Brannagan would probably have come on. He is likely to get his chance next season and Rodgers would expect to be able to keep him out of the Catalans’ clutches.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:03 am

Goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux and defender Kevin Stewart have signed after leaving Tottenham Hotspur.

The pair join playmaker Sergi Canos, defensive midfielder Pedro Chirivella and Wales winger Harry Wilson in penning deals.

Academy duo Jordan Williams and Sheyi Ojo, meanwhile, are signing their new contracts today
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Our U21's play United's U21's tonight, the kick off is at 7pm and it's live on both BT and the Liverpool channel.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Keep us posted on scores. I have neither
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion