Reds to land italian keeper

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:30 pm

from SSN:

Reds to land Italian

Liverpool are close to clinching the signing of Sampdoria goalkeeper Daniele Padelli.

The 21-year-old is flying to Merseyside on Wednesday to hold talks and undergo a medical at Anfield.

Padelli, who is currently on loan at Serie B side Crotone, is highly regarded in Italy.

The player's agent Silvano Martina revealed a six-month loan deal had been agreed between Liverpool and Sampdoria and that the player was excited about the prospect of moving to England.

"Padelli will travel to Liverpool this afternoon," said Martina.

"The clubs have agreed on a six-month loan deal and the player is excited at the prospect of playing for Liverpool."

The move places a major doubt over Jerzy Dudek's future at Anfield with the Pole failing to impress in the recent defeats to Arsenal in the FA Cup and Carling Cup

--------

also on bbc:

Liverpool to take Padelli on loan 
Sampdoria keeper Daniele Padelli will join Liverpool on a six-month loan deal on Wednesday, according to his agent.
The Italy Under-21 international, 21, is expected to undergo a medical before completing the switch.

Silvano Martina said: "The clubs have agreed on a six-month loan deal and the player is excited at the prospect of playing for Liverpool."

Padelli joined Serie B side Crotone on loan in the summer but has struggled for first-team opportunities.

He has managed just one appearance for the club as he has merely served as an understudy to Salvatore Soviero.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:59 pm

Could not even get a decent startup at a seria b side .... i wonder how it could help here anywayz gud luck to him

BTW

we have the brightest young englang goalkeeper carson who we loaned to charlton and we are loaning for mr.italy  --> I'm Lost
Elchris

Postby Crouchamania » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:04 pm

Me too why not just bring Carson back?

Good luck to the lad anyway.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Elchris wrote:Could not even get a decent startup at a seria b side .... i wonder how it could help here anywayz gud luck to him

BTW

we have the brightest young englang goalkeeper carson who we loaned to charlton and we are loaning for mr.italy  --> I'm Lost

Your Lost.

Hmmmm let me explain then for you.

Carson needs games to continue to learn and become a better goal keeper.  ie gaining vital premiership experience.  Where as if we kept him here to sit on the bench he would gain :censored:all apart from a few splinters of the bench.  Do you agree?

And with that little senario leaves us needing a back up goalie just incase. Hense this new fella comeing in on loan.

Are you still lost?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Crouchamania » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Well from what i've seen this season Murphy Carson has been better than Reina but maybe thats because Carsons had more to do. Does anyone think Carson should be ahead of Pepe? I'm not too sure.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Crason for me is no where near as good as Reinna, yet.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Elchris » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm

But now I'm found...din thought of it that way...damn it :p

And Reina is the best GK for liverpool at the moment and could only get better
Last edited by Elchris on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elchris

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:33 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
Elchris wrote:Could not even get a decent startup at a seria b side .... i wonder how it could help here anywayz gud luck to him

BTW

Your Lost.

Carson needs games to continue to learn and become a better goal keeper.  ie gaining vital premiership experience.  Where as if we kept him here to sit on the bench he would gain :censored:all apart from a few splinters of the bench.  Do you agree?

And with that little senario leaves us needing a back up goalie just incase. Hense this new fella comeing in on loan.

Are you still lost?

Or another way to look at it would be its because pepe is off back to spain as part of the deal to bring david villa to LIVERPOOL ......You decide  :;):
destro

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:44 pm

destro wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:

BTW

Your Lost.

Are you still lost?

Or another way to look at it would be its because pepe is off back to spain as part of the deal to bring david villa to LIVERPOOL ......You decide  :;):

Now im lost.  :upside:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:53 pm

:D
destro

Postby CarlosRocks » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:11 pm

destro wrote:Or another way to look at it would be its because pepe is off back to spain as part of the deal to bring david villa to LIVERPOOL ......You decide  :;):

hmm im not too sure on this one...
CarlosRocks

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:55 pm

bye-bye dudek

and bye bye martin or carson
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm

peterc1992 wrote:bye-bye dudek

Im lost to now  :suspect:
destro

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 am

peterc1992 wrote:bye-bye dudek

That would be really stupid for Liverpool to sell Carson. If he is as good as what it is looking like right now? Why?

Carson could be loaned out next year, as this keeper could be used as back up. I doubt Carson is going anywhere.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:46 pm

From .tv

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Italian under-21 goalkeeper Daniele Padelli from Sampdoria, subject to international clearance. 
Padelli, who was on loan with second division Crotone in the first half of the season, has signed until the end of the season when the Reds will have the option to agree a permanent deal.

"He's a good young goalkeeper who has been selected for his national side," said manager Rafael Benitez.

"Padelli will give us a good option for the future. The fact he is once again with the under-21s for his national side tells you that we are signing a very good player.

"Our scouting department are working really hard to bring good young players to the club and I'm delighted we have been able to sign Padelli."

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion