RAFA FAITH-O-METER Mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa faith-o-meter mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

10. he is god
15%
9. he is hercules
13%
8. he is great
27%
7. he done ya wife but you would forgive him
4%
6. he won't win prem but we love him any ways
3%
5. he is good
4%
4. he almost there
18%
3. he is frank spencer
7%
2. he ate all the pie's
6%
1. he's lost the plot
3%

Total votes : 71

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:08 am

bigmickspersonaldildo wrote:He's a good manager with good players at his disposal, it's just a shame he doesn't use his own and the players skills to the best of their ability often enough.

:upside:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 am

Dalglish wrote:Faith defines every fan IMO and if your not believing in the team, tactics, manager or fans ability to influence the outcome then I for one wonder why your involved in this crazy game! :p

As for Faith IN Benitez in the sense is asking the question Do you trust him ? Do you believe he can achieve your dreams and aspirations ? Is he the "Messiah" that will finally deliver the Holy grail ?

Football is akin to religion for many and although i don't subscribe to that concept I certainly have trust in Rafa Benitez in that he aspires to succeed as manager of this team. However I also believe he sometimes allows his own personal failings as a human being to cloud his judgement and affect his decisions or how else can you view "Keane-gate" ??? On this and other matters there have obviously been forces at work behind the scenes that have perhaps caused him to deviate from what he believes is best for LFC and what he needed to do to substantiate his own position.

I think most of us barely imagine the level of pressure and politics that have enveloped the club in the last couple of years and it would be unthinkable that the club would have "aired its dirty" etc in the past when Liverpool FC was akin to the Masons in it's secrecy.

However, all things considered I still believe Rafa Benitez represents our best chance of winning the Premiership and to dispense with his services now or at the end of the season would not be something I'd personally support.

Walk on ..............

It is all well and peachy giving philosophical readings after winning two tasty fixtures. It is a shame I dont recollect these stirring posts after our drawn matches this season.

I dont quite understand why you started your post with that papragraph. Your not suggesting there are some fans on here that believe the 'team, tactics, or fans' dont have the ability to influence a game ?

I've never once red on here, nor do I believe any footballing fan would be mindless enough to actually believe in that.

On the highlighted part Dalglish which is fair enough as it is your opinion. Some believe Rafa has let pass our best chance of winning the league this year and may not get a better opportunity again. When presented with a preverbiol head start he was not able to capatalise on it. What makes you think he can next season if Chelsea, Man.U and Arsenal all get out of the blocks better than they did this season ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am

Bam... not that my english is very good so I might get the wrong end of the stick.

But Dalglish distinguishes between two debates, "Faith" generically, and "Faith in Rafa". Which are different faiths.

What he meant in the first paragraph is that any supporter of the world has to have FAITH, meaning, that he'll think, no matter that his team is small, that they can beat a big team in the FA cup for instance. That generical "faith" is a must in any fan, and explain the many surprises that happen in football.

After that two lines, he starts talking about the Rafa "faith" which is different. So I really can't see any stirring bit on that post.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 am

LegBarnes wrote:I like how many voted on my funny quote he is frank spencer lmao and he done ya wife but you would forgive him.  :D

I used to be a 2-3 I went up to a 8 but now i am back at around 6

Really?

I respect all opinions but this one is surprising. My morale, sometimes, does go from 3 to 7, and then to 6, but not the faith in the manager.

Meaning mate, what would you do if now you were the man that had to decide in 10 seconds whether give Rafa a new contract. Surely that decission can't change from one game to another, but after seeing a tendency of at least some months?

I ask with genuine curiosity, because I didn't expect that kind of answer.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 am

It shows that some peoples beliefs in Rafa change after each game or result .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

bigmickspersonaldildo wrote:He's a good manager with good players at his disposal, it's just a shame he doesn't use his own and the players skills to the best of their ability often enough.

Put you crayons away and get back to drawing d*cks imbecile .
Oh and so you dont have to leave the relative safety of your highchair looking for a dictionary .
Definition of Imbecile :  A person whose mental acumen is well below par .
Maybe the CBeebies have a forum  :no
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Sabre wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:I like how many voted on my funny quote he is frank spencer lmao and he done ya wife but you would forgive him.  :D

I used to be a 2-3 I went up to a 8 but now i am back at around 6

Really?

I respect all opinions but this one is surprising. My morale, sometimes, does go from 3 to 7, and then to 6, but not the faith in the manager.

Meaning mate, what would you do if now you were the man that had to decide in 10 seconds whether give Rafa a new contract. Surely that decission can't change from one game to another, but after seeing a tendency of at least some months?

I ask with genuine curiosity, because I didn't expect that kind of answer.

I dunno I never been like this with any other manager before tbh its wierd I sometimes totaly doubt what he is doing weather the result is good ro not and sometimes he does a result like the 4-1 other day and I am like maybe he is good ?

He is one of most confusing managers to follow !  :laugh:

But maybe its alot to do with effects from my own personal life atm which I guess has an effect on all our choices ?
Last edited by LegBarnes on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 am

bigmick wrote:I do wish Sabre if you are going to quote my posts, and try and have a wee go at them you'd actually read them first. I can't even really come back at what you've written, all this talk of "ridiculing" GYBS, and "leaving the "pro Rafa's alone".

The line you need to read is the "both sides do it (the ooh aren't I clever thing) and it doesn't matter how often you point it out".

My "gods of football" is a recurring theme, I've often talked about it. I'm no more ridiculing GYBS that I am ridiculing the most anti of anti's.

Anyway, emoticon away till your hearts content, it makes no odds to the point. Nobody is "trying too hard to find buts to a victory" either, but never mind we can all pretend they are anyway. No need for the FFS either, but there you go.

Anyway, I've lost the will to debate whatever the point was in my post. Oh yes, I was asking people not to tempt fate by being too gloaty. Forget that, tempt away all you like. The goals were all the result oif meticulous planning, we are the best team in the World and Rafa is a genius. There, we can all be happy now.

You guys must post up a guideline on what I'm allowed to say, then I promise I won't get it wrong again. Clearly we're not allowed to talk about the manager when we're losing or not going too well, even if someone who is pro keeps starting threads on him. Even if they start polls on who should replce him, or threads which talk about faith, I mustn't post in them because it winds people up. We're not allowed to discuss how difficult it is to progress in Europe, nor are we allowed to pontificate on how good our opposition there is. I now know that the manner which we score our goals is off limits too, as are light hearted references to people tempting fate by getting too self congratulatory.

It's getting very tough to come on here and say the right thing. I know it's fully OK for people to openly call me a c... and all that, and I know that they want more football threads even though they don't post in them, but it gets a bit baffling trying to keep up with whats going on.

Anyways like I say, I take it all back.  We are fantastic, I am a c..., I'm not a real fan for suggesting that we profited from some direct play, and Real Madrid are great. Think it's time for me bed anyway.

Mick I preffered to wait to answer this. I'll keep it short, so that I don't enter difficult language waters:

1.- If you think I don't read your posts, you shoudn't be bothered nor too angry for my answers.

2.- I didn't miss anything out of your posts, my answers are not related necessarily only to your last post. I know perfectly what you mean about Football Gods. I remember when Rafa talked about Drogba. I remember how Drogba scored. I remember the discussions about it. I'm not a fúcking idiot who does random comments.

3.- Sorry for offending you. At this end there are not harsh feelings.

4.- I can't answer for others' doings, but I'm responsible of my posts. If the criticism you're receiving from me makes you feeling like posting less, then I will inmediatly stop reffering you at all, as I think it's more important that you post here than me disagreeing strongly about something with you.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:43 am

have the threads been merged??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:55 am

Judge wrote:Im a gay slag!

Oh FFS..we know Judge! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:have the threads been merged!

Oh FFS..i dunno Judge! as im a thick pikey fanta drinking idiot from a box under a bridge

we know  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Oh FFS..i dunno Judge! as im a thick pikey fanta drinking idiot from a box under a bridge

But i still love you and want to do you up the botty

Get a room you two  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 pm

GYBS wrote:
Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

we know

i love gay throw ins :D

bizarre  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Judge wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

we know

i love gay throw ins :D

There is nothing wrong with me announcing my love for other men :D

Thats cool mate - enjoy being out of the closet  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 am

:laugh: :laugh:  Gay fest going on
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion