RAFA FAITH-O-METER Mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa faith-o-meter mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

10. he is god
15%
9. he is hercules
13%
8. he is great
27%
7. he done ya wife but you would forgive him
4%
6. he won't win prem but we love him any ways
3%
5. he is good
4%
4. he almost there
18%
3. he is frank spencer
7%
2. he ate all the pie's
6%
1. he's lost the plot
3%

Total votes : 71

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:31 pm

GYBS wrote: ??? WHat have i done now to wrong you Mick ???

throw ins !!

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Sabre wrote:Sir Roger: No, I should apologise too. Look, I'm so tired of hearing bad things about the team when I read articles and when I hear Andy Grays, that I do expect too much to read praises from the fellow fans. My thoughts are Kind of "if we don't praise our team, who will?", we get enough of that perspective from outside. That's where I come from mate.

Anyhow, both you and Bigmick who I addressed before the first thing you did was to say it was a magnificent win of Rafa and the lads. So I apologise if I sound as if you didn't say such a thing mate.

It's just that I think the team deserves the positive comments and those are needed after so much frustration.

:laugh:
I dont remember apologising...?
But seeing as you have I will too

Like you say were all frustrated at seeing our sides struggle against lesser opposition. As was proved again, we are a match for any team when we play to our full potential. We should be giving hidings out more frequently instead of agonising about how to beat the likes of stoke, fulham, everton etc. When we overcome that I promise I will be as positive as any of the rose-tinted-glasses-wearers (you know who you are...)
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Judge wrote:
GYBS wrote:??? WHat have i done now to wrong you Mick ???

throw ins !!

GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:44 pm

GYBS wrote:
Judge wrote:
GYBS wrote:??? WHat have i done now to wrong you Mick ???

throw ins !!

:glare:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:58 pm

whats up rog?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Here you go LegBarnes.....she's all yours. Merged.

:shifty

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:19 pm

But the results were not merged. And the Salty Sock's questions were better. And the Rafa-o-meter was high .

:angry:

Sorry I can't seem angry about this and not to burst in laugh  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:20 pm

As a protest, I'll vote 9 this time around.

SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

where was the original poll the salty did ? the options at the top are all pretty rubbish now ?? The merge seems to have messed it all up
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:An 8 for me , plenty more good times from Rafa and the team to come . I still have my head buried in the sand - oops sorry i meant i still believe and have faith in him .  :)

The post was better before you edited it mate. Once more we are seeing the "ooh aren't I clever" phenomenon on here. Why oh why will people not learn, both sides do it and it doesn't matter how many times you point it out.

Pro's being pro's are back slapping away, getting little digs in where they think they are deserved. There's people talking with irony about how Man Utd are a "poor side", people imploring posters to HAVE SOME FAITH IN THE MANAGER!!!!!!!! and now the irony of the "head in the sand jibe".

We watch football for all these years and still we don't pick up on the little nuances. You take three goalkeepers to World Cups not because you'll ever need them, but because you know that if you don't the two goalkeepers you do take will get injured on the bumber cars. It's the laws of football. You have striker back up at all times because you know the minute you don't, both of your strikers will get injured and you'll lose your chance of winning the league. The laws of football again. And you don't get too full of yourself when things go right, because you absolutely know what will happen next. Don't tempt fate lads, FFS.

To that end, I didn't agree with Rafa talking about how Man Utd were "weak" if you attacked them in this way and that way. Apparently hoofing it out of defence so Vidic could fall over it and then Torres could score was part of the grand plan. It looked a bit gloaty to me, and will once again tempt fate a bit. Iwonder if that same ploy will work if we draw them in the Champions League, or whether it's more or less likely to now we've told everyone about it.

The gods of football, don't anger them  :;):

Couple of good posts there
Having watched the man u match five times now (shes going mad but Im not ars.ed) I have to be honest and say that the manner in which we won was far from spectacular in a footballing sense.
Yes Torres mugged Vidic, but it was from a clearance out of our box. Route one, hoofball, etc.
As was the fourth. Each goal being due to the massive mistakes of both Vidic, then Ferdinand not clearing the ball by heading it away. Then we add a penalty and a free kick.
I am by no means undervaluing the massive achievement of battering them tw@ts in their own back yard. Nor am I criticising the way we created and scored the goals. I am just being a bit cautious about maybe thinking that weve turned a tap on here and goals will come gushing out. Theres a renewed energy, belief, attitude thats been missing for a while and long may it continue.
But I agree with you that we shouldnt get too carried away, even though the last week has been the best for a long time.

Wouldn't you agree, though, that every goal scored in football occurs as a result of someone making a mistake/failing in their duty?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Wouldn't you agree, though, that every goal scored in football occurs as a result of someone making a mistake/failing in their duty?

I don't know him, but I'd agree that.

In fact, when I look to the top of the top in football, for instance World Cup finals, CL finals, Manchester - Liverpool games, normally you see very balanced matches... that are decided by an error, a genius touch, or a combination of both.

For me it's spectacular that our team made pay Manchester their mistakes 4 times.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Sabre wrote:Sir Roger: No, I should apologise too. Look, I'm so tired of hearing bad things about the team when I read articles and when I hear Andy Grays, that I do expect too much to read praises from the fellow fans. My thoughts are Kind of "if we don't praise our team, who will?", we get enough of that perspective from outside. That's where I come from mate.

Anyhow, both you and Bigmick who I addressed before the first thing you did was to say it was a magnificent win of Rafa and the lads. So I apologise if I sound as if you didn't say such a thing mate.

It's just that I think the team deserves the positive comments and those are needed after so much frustration.

It's hard for those who have spent months ridiculing and insulting the boss to actually praise him, even after fantastic results.

All the "if we win at Old Trafford then we can start thinking about the league again" rubbish has been forgotten - it's easy to say things like that when you expect the team to lose.

Well we won. Handsomely.

Now enjoy it.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:An 8 for me , plenty more good times from Rafa and the team to come . I still have my head buried in the sand - oops sorry i meant i still believe and have faith in him .  :)

The post was better before you edited it mate. Once more we are seeing the "ooh aren't I clever" phenomenon on here. Why oh why will people not learn, both sides do it and it doesn't matter how many times you point it out.

Pro's being pro's are back slapping away, getting little digs in where they think they are deserved. There's people talking with irony about how Man Utd are a "poor side", people imploring posters to HAVE SOME FAITH IN THE MANAGER!!!!!!!! and now the irony of the "head in the sand jibe".

We watch football for all these years and still we don't pick up on the little nuances. You take three goalkeepers to World Cups not because you'll ever need them, but because you know that if you don't the two goalkeepers you do take will get injured on the bumber cars. It's the laws of football. You have striker back up at all times because you know the minute you don't, both of your strikers will get injured and you'll lose your chance of winning the league. The laws of football again. And you don't get too full of yourself when things go right, because you absolutely know what will happen next. Don't tempt fate lads, FFS.

To that end, I didn't agree with Rafa talking about how Man Utd were "weak" if you attacked them in this way and that way. Apparently hoofing it out of defence so Vidic could fall over it and then Torres could score was part of the grand plan. It looked a bit gloaty to me, and will once again tempt fate a bit. Iwonder if that same ploy will work if we draw them in the Champions League, or whether it's more or less likely to now we've told everyone about it.

Having watched the man u match five times now (shes going mad but Im not ars.ed) I have to be honest and say that the manner in which we won was far from spectacular in a footballing sense.
Yes Torres mugged Vidic, but it was from a clearance out of our box. Route one, hoofball, etc.
As was the fourth. Each goal being due to the massive mistakes of both Vidic, then Ferdinand not clearing the ball by heading it away. Then we add a penalty and a free kick.
I am by no means undervaluing the massive achievement of battering them tw@ts in their own back yard. Nor am I criticising the way we created and scored the goals. I am just being a bit cautious about maybe thinking that weve turned a tap on here and goals will come gushing out. Theres a renewed energy, belief, attitude thats been missing for a while and long may it continue.
But I agree with you that we shouldnt get too carried away, even though the last week has been the best for a long time.

Dont get me wrong
Ill take a win every time even if a goal comes off someones ars.e.
I was just pointing out that that was exactly how we scored, through their calamitous and some would say atypical errors and not from free-flowing, crisp passing football.
We capitalised on their fear
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Bóllocks. You don't watch unspectacular games 5 times in 48 h.

:)

Ha
Pay attention there sport

I didnt say the game was unspectacular I said the manner wasnt from a football sense.
It was cut and thrust, smash and grab, which is spectacular. But it wasnt a footballing classic was it?

A brilliant win nevertheless and fully deserved against an over-rated team with a dodgy defence.
And I watched the first half again last night
And watched MUTV to see the reaction
:eyebrow

Thats all well and good fella, but what baffles me is why anyone on this forum would pay money to subscribe to Mutv ? ,am I missing something   :no
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Dont get me wrong
Ill take a win every time even if a goal comes off someones ars.e.
I was just pointing out that that was exactly how we scored, through their calamitous and some would say atypical errors and not from free-flowing, crisp passing football.
We capitalised on their fear

I prefer the version which suggests Torres rushed Vidic and forced the error.

Subtle difference, but much more accurate.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion