RAFA FAITH-O-METER Mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa faith-o-meter mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

10. he is god
15%
9. he is hercules
13%
8. he is great
27%
7. he done ya wife but you would forgive him
4%
6. he won't win prem but we love him any ways
3%
5. he is good
4%
4. he almost there
18%
3. he is frank spencer
7%
2. he ate all the pie's
6%
1. he's lost the plot
3%

Total votes : 71

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
banana wrote:Come on all of you know nothings. Let me have it now.

Rafa has 40 % of Fergies spending power. And who do you worship?....

Fergie.

You sad bunch.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I distinctly remember you sucking Fergie and Mourinho's balls in a few match threads, and completely panning our own team and manager.

:D lol that's the funniest thing I've read on here  :D  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 pm

prepare for a brand new faithometer thread after we draw 1-1 at fulham. :help
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:00 pm

gawd saint.. you wet tea bag   :upside:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 pm

stmichael wrote:prepare for a brand new faithometer thread after we draw 1-1 at fulham. :help

I'm prepared, it's been always that way, some results in a row can change the faith-o-meter and the atmosphere in this forum.

Right now, I do feel like taking the píss about what the journos said, but I think it's important to respect the ones who don't trust the manager... trust is not something you normally choose, you just trust or you do not, but often you can't help it. A fan here must tell his doubts about the manage without being called a lesser fan, in fact, I think this happy moments are the best for criticism, as we're not depressed and we can discuss our mistakes happily.

In the other extreme, after a 2-0 against Boro defeat, a fan that trusts the manager should be able to defend the manager without being called blind, or rafalite.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 am

stmichael wrote:prepare for a brand new faithometer thread after we draw 1-1 at fulham. :help

Funnily enough I was thinking "are we still only on Mark II" as I clicked on the thread.

There's little point keep redoing these, better to have one thread with no poll (too many options, too many silly ones) so people can say how much faith they have in Rafa. My faith hasn't changed, obviously some will change their minds more often than wind changes direction, but the only thing that has changed much is that the mancs lost to Fulham. We beat the mancs, but that was something we could influence, the Fulham game was one of maybe 3, 4 or 5 games we need other teams to do us a favour in. So we beat villa by five goals, it was still only three points and still leaves a lot of work to keep us in it. We need to win, we need the mancs not to win AT LEAST twice.

So if we draw or lose at Fulham the "good work" will be undone, the mancs may well go four points clear with a game in hand and the wind will change direction as some fans will change their views (again). How can you be "out of the title race" and then "back in it" ? If you're "back in it" then surely you can't possibly have been "out of it" ?!?!?! It's like saying Chelsea can't win the league and then the next week, because results go their way, Chelsea can win the league. Likewise Rafa doesn't go from being a good manager to a bad manager and then back to being a good manager again.

FACT ( :D ) is results can mean swings in favour of or against a side, draw two or three games and you lose ground, your opponents lose two on the trot and they are bound to lose ground on a side winning two or three on the trot. The mancs have dropped only a handful of points to sides outside the top four, we've dropped loads. The mancs may have dropped a lot more against the 'big four', but they have only Arsenal left to play of those so not a lot has changed. There was always a chance they'd drop points to a side like Fulham away, there still is but it doesn't mean they'll hit mid-table or relegation form and drop points everywhere.

And just because we've won four on the bounce in all competitions doesn't mean we'll beat allcomers. Don't forget it was only three weeks ago we lost to Boro, that following a draw at home to Citeh. So we've shown we can wobble against some pretty ordinary sides, difference being the mancs lost to us then an ordinary side.

LIVERPOOL PREMIERSHIP 08/09

Games 01-10 : P10 W8 D2 L0 F15 A6 PTS 26 (GD +9)
Games 11-20 : P10 W5 D4 L1 F20 A7 PTS 19 (GD +13)
Games 21-30 : P10 W5 D4 L1 F19 A8 PTS 19 (GD +11)

So in fact our form in the last 10 games has been near identical to our form in the previous 10 games, except a number of us are getting giddy over some good recent wins and the mancs suffering setbacks. Even given our excellent start and only two losses, we've still not won more than five league games in a row this season.......or last season.......or the season before....... In fact the last time we won more than five league games in a row was 2005/06

FIVE IN A ROW

08/09 Beat the bitters (a), Citeh (a), Wigan (h), Chelsea (a), Pompey (h) - then lost to struggling spudz away

07/08 Beat Boro (h), Bolton (a), West Ham (h), Newcastle (h), Reading (h) - then lost to Man Utd away

06/07 Beat spudz (a), Bolton (h), Watford (a), Chelsea (h), West Ham (a) - then drew at home to the bitters

Twice in the last three seasons a run of five wins has been ended by a game we could and probably should have won. We were 1-0 up after THREE minutes at WHL this season, lost it in the last 20 minutes. We couldn't even score against the bitters in 06/07, question marks over Rafa making only ONE substitution in the 85th minute - he doesn't always use all three subs when we're not winning.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:22 am

So if we draw or lose at Fulham the "good work" will be undone, the mancs may well go four points clear with a game in hand and the wind will change direction as some fans will change their views (again). How can you be "out of the title race" and then "back in it" ? If you're "back in it" then surely you can't possibly have been "out of it" ?!?!?!

:wwww

Give it some thought, your thinking sometimes reach interesting places.

I'm sure that Liverpool have done mistakes, but you see, if at the end of the season you're on top of the table it means the rest of the teams have done more mistakes than you.

And in that case you can do two things, the normal thing, that is go to the streets and celebrate, or the strange thing, complain about the games you draw.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am

Owzat that is a point I was thinking about as well and I agree. The fact that we are still in it, means that we were never out, because the definition of being out of the race means you cannot get back in.

Does anyone know what is the fixture for United that is their game in hand? as in the time where they play and we don't give or take one or two days.
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:50 am

JoeTerp wrote:Owzat that is a point I was thinking about as well and I agree. The fact that we are still in it, means that we were never out, because the definition of being out of the race means you cannot get back in.

Perhaps the people around here tend to think with an inertia. I mean, I've seen a lot of come backs from 10 points away. But when we look at the patterns of the last years, we see that the top teams fail little. So it's normal to expect that when you're 7 points away you're out of it because the latest experience teaches you so.

IMHO, the English league has grown a lot from 2000 to now. I mean, when teams like City are able to outbid the great teams of my country, that means that you're concentrating quality in the league.

IMHO, the stronger the English league is, the more slippings there should be in the top team, due to the competition that pose mid table teams. It shouldn't be that strange that Tottenham could beat Manchester on a good day.

It was the bit I didn't get about the Premiership, I saw it growing and growing, getting stronger and stronger, but that was incompatible with the idea of winning games so easily like Manchester were, no team is that good.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:51 pm

Madmax wrote: :laugh: :laugh:  Gay fest going on

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Does anyone know what is the fixture for United that is their game in hand? as in the time where they play and we don't give or take one or two days.

Joe - Wigan away, they play Weds May 13th - that's a game before the last 2 of the season with Arsenal and Hull next.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Effes wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Does anyone know what is the fixture for United that is their game in hand? as in the time where they play and we don't give or take one or two days.

Joe - Wigan away, they play Weds May 13th - that's a game before the last 2 of the season with Arsenal and Hull next.

Unfortunately Wigan aren't in a relegation battle.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:16 pm

fivecups wrote:
Effes wrote:

Unfortunately Wigan aren't in a relegation battle.

That would have made it more interesting, but still....

Im gonna do a Title Run-in thread if we beat Fulham, as it will be very interesting then.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:40 pm

I would normally expect Wigan to give it a go. However with the pignose having played under Fergus I can see them rolling over. I hope I am wrong though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Lets see what Tyler and Gray have to say about our recent form:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090328101046523
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:28 pm

stmichael wrote:Lets see what Tyler and Gray have to say about our recent form:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090328101046523