Quarter final and semi final - Draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:52 am

*Juventino* wrote:Barca!!! They will be without Messi!!!

so we would only have henry ronaldinho and eto to deal with?? fu,ck me why didnt you mention this earlier?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 am

Although I'm not too bothered, I'd want to avoid Barca if we could. They'd be out for revenge and although stuttering in La Liga, are a different team in Europe (sounds familiar). It'd be very difficult to knock them out in consecutive years I think - unprecedented for a side with such talent, and the pressure is on them to achieve something this year.

I don't really mind who we face, but I'd rather it be someone we haven't faced recently i.e. Schalke, Fenerbahce or Roma. Although it could be to our disadvantage not taking on the 'underdog' mentality against these three, I like seeing us play as many different teams in Europe as possible.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:41 am

People didn't want Inter but we turned them over without to many problems. People didn't want Chelsea last year or in 05 but we turned them over easily. We're a different side in Europe for whatever reasons, so I personally couldn't give a toss who we get, because our oppoisition will be more fightened of playing us then we should be of playing them.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 am

Shalke would be a great tie, plus we can see that Rafinha guy that we've been linked with.  I also wouldn't mind Arsenal or Man U, I think we can do them over two legs.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:People didn't want Inter but we turned them over without to many problems. People didn't want Chelsea last year or in 05 but we turned them over easily. We're a different side in Europe for whatever reasons, so I personally couldn't give a toss who we get, because our oppoisition will be more fightened of playing us then we should be of playing them.

So why are so worried about United?

I take back what I said about the final, I would rather turn them over in the semis as I don't want them to get a losers medal, but I want to knock them out.

I want Barca in the quarters, United in the semis and Arsenal in the final. That way there will be no doubt as to the best team in Europe. The hard way baby, the hard way.

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 am

We have never been lucky on draws in this cup so my gut feeling is we will get Barca or an English team with the Scums getting Fernabache.
club_Levis

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:44 am

s@int wrote:I don't want Barca or an English team . Shalke for preferance then maybe Roma or Porto in the semi's

Agreed. Its foolish to think just cos we are through and are relatively successful in Europe that any opposition is no problem. I seriously don't want to be meeting English opposition at this stage purely because our strengths lie in a European style of football and playing and English team will not be played in a European style, quite the opposite.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:13 am

neil wrote:
Dundalk wrote:The draw for the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals of the Champions League 2007/2008 take place on Friday the 14th of March in Nyon.

The teams left in the competition are -

LIVERPOOL - England.
Offical Site

ROMA - Italy
Offical Site

BARCELONA - Spain
Offical Site

CHELSEA - England
Offical Site

SCHALKE  - Germany
Offical Site

ARSENAL - England
Offical Site

PORTO - Portugal
Offical Site

MANCHESTER UNITED - England
Offical Site

The Quarter Final will take place on the the 1st and 2nd and the 8th and 9th of April. The Semis will take place on the 22nd and 23rd and the 29th and the 30th of April.

Th Final will be held in Moscow on the 21st of May.

As it is an open draw anyone can draw anyone even if they are from the same country. The teams will know who they could face the whole way to the final depending on what side of the draw they are on.

porto  ???
feckinel dude, go back and start again

Instead of porto its fenerbache  :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 am

i want manure to get the tough opposition , in this case would be barca , arsenal and chelsea play each other , so left 2 from these and i think the two would be chelsea and barcelona , whom meet in the semi's and its left with barca , then we play them in the final and knock them out
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:43 am

We have a 'chav magnet' when it comes to the CL, and i see us drawin chelski either next or in the semis. I personally dont want an all english final, too much temptation for idiots tho they wud hav to be real stupid to cause trouble out there!

Schalke or Fenerbahce for me, neither travel too well and Anfield wud scare the runny browns outta them.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:47 am

liverpool vs shalke
manure vs barcelona
arsenal vs chelsea
roma vs fenerbahce
maypaxvobiscum

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:08 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:People didn't want Inter but we turned them over without to many problems. People didn't want Chelsea last year or in 05 but we turned them over easily. We're a different side in Europe for whatever reasons, so I personally couldn't give a toss who we get, because our oppoisition will be more fightened of playing us then we should be of playing them.

We beat Chelsea easily, wow you must have been watching different matches to me then, I thought all 4 matches were total nail biters.
I don't mind facing Chelsea again but I really don't like the idea of Man Utd or Arsenal, at the moment they have our number although maybe we could beat them.
heimdall

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:48 pm

As I've said in another CL thread, I just want to avoid english opposition for as long as possible (especially the horrible mancs), and preferably let them knock each other out. Rafa really knows how to set up the team for european opponents, so I wouldn't fear any of them (though I would of course rather play Schalke than Barca for example). I'm not saying I fear any of the english teams by the way, just that I would still rather play continental opposition, as it would suit us better.
JamCar05

Postby Big Niall » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:57 pm

I think we all hope that we are in the same half as Fenerbache,Schalke and Roma - we'd get to final in that half.

Defo want to avoid other English teams as they'd have to be the favourites. If we had to get one I'd chose Chelsea, their style is similar to ours (fairly long ball and physical) and it'd be maybe 50/50, Arsenal are in poor form though, Manure probably have too much for us.

I'm already booked into Moscow :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion