Bellamy to leave at the end of season - Told the bbc today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:
The Bench wrote:Rumours and counter rumours, gotta love this game we call football!

From the club website:

"Craig Bellamy tonight rubbished suggestions he has no working relationship with Rafael Benitez, branding the story "complete garbage." 
Said Bellamy: "A journalist working for BBC Radio Wales has told people I have problems with Rafa and haven't even got a working relationship with him. That's complete garbage.

"I have gone on record recently and I will say it again now that I have learnt more from Rafael Benitez than any other coach I have worked with.

"I am a much better player for the time I've spent working with him and if I do go on to manage at some point in the future he's the model I'll use in my career. I can't make my respect for him any clearer than that.

"I am even more disappointed that we are approaching a massive game on Tuesday against Chelsea and I am having to waste time responding to this nonsense." "
Always liked him cracking fella 

:Oo: well well, I certainly would in haste have rubbished this story, but for the thread starter's (sorry forgot who strated this thread  :D ) video link  :Oo:

Sounds like someone 'misunderstood' or is back tracking or both  :D
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:11 pm

Just read the whole thread and I'm shocked.

Around here we think of the BBC related journalism as serious, BBC is often mentioned when the Spanish public TV standards come into debate.

And I come here to this thread to watch a video that's saying SERIOUS things about Bellamy. Why isn't fired this journalist ? :O 

Most of the cráp I've read about Bellamy I read it in newspapers.

As a player, I've stated many times that I think he's easily replaceable, but I can't doubt about his contribution, and about his commitment in the pitch! He's generous in the pitch and runs a lot of Km!

I just wonder if some journalists can't accept that after all they wrote about him in the past, the lad managed to convince a foreign manager to join one of the most important clubs in Europe. It seems as if they hate the lad manages to succeed, because they wrote he was problematic in the past.

Very unfair with Bellamy. :angry:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Tue May 01, 2007 1:05 am

Well as I'm Welsh, I'm maybe a bit disappointed, but to be honest IMO e's just not good enough for us as Kuyt most certainly works far more harder than Craig and his attitude seems just a little short of what Cisses' was like when he was here.
Thanx for your service and all the best but your best just isn't ood enough for us I'm afraid, good luck & goodbye!
KOPMATT

Postby Effes » Tue May 01, 2007 5:22 am

In the Echo:

The only apparent disruption to the squad came on Saturday in the aftermath of the game when BBC Wales pundit and former Welsh international striker Malcolm Allen claimed that Craig Bellamy wanted to leave Anfield.

Allen said Bellamy, in a conversation with him on the Fratton Park pitch before the game, told him he didn’t have a working relationship with Benitez, hardly ever spoke to him and was fed up with the role he was being asked to play.

But Bellamy responded: “That’s complete garbage. I’ve gone on record recently and I’ll say it again now that I’ve learnt more from Rafael Benitez than any other coach I’ve worked with.

“I’m a much better player for the time I’ve spent working with him and, if I do go on to manage at some point in the future, he’s the model I’ll use in my career. I can’t make my respect for him any clearer than that.

“I’m even more disappointed that we’re approaching a massive game on Tuesday against Chelsea and I’m having to waste time responding to this nonsense.”
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 am

I think people on here should give him a little bit more credit.  You should be supporting him not slagging him after the words of some journalist.  Unless something comes from the player's mouth i wont believe a word of it. 

Ever think about the fact that if you were going to make up a story about a player and get lots of media coverage, you would probably choose a player like Bellamy.  He is such an easy target now for a media scandal...
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wwedx23 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:02 am

i don't like bellamy that much im glad he's leaving
Last edited by wwedx23 on Tue May 01, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
plzzzzz join this website it tells you a lot about football they even got some games of footy

Join Marapets | Virtual Pets | Games
wwedx23

Postby JamCar05 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:07 am

Let's just wait and see what happens come summertime. Some people are jumping to conclusions already, though we don't actually know what has been said and in which context. Anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered if he left, as someone has to leave, if we are to get a new starstriker (and I don't mean Voronin  :shifty  , whom I see more as a replacement for Fowler). Bellamy can still be useful in this season (and the next one, if he is to stay), as he can be such a pain in the :censored: for most defenders.
JamCar05

Postby mistyred » Tue May 01, 2007 10:53 am

I hope this has the same affect on Bellamy as in Barca, go out there and prove yourself son  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Wed May 02, 2007 2:06 pm

When he goes we need to bring in some quality but also get rid of kuyt and bring in a frontline striker: Eto'o, Villa, Torres plus a a guy to replace bellamy like Huntelaar, Darren Bent, or bring Cisse back as he is super quick.

Also we need more english players because from next season a UEFA Rule dictates you have to have 8 English-born players in your squad.

Which is why Wenger want's Carson, Sidwell, Bent, and Parker as he only has 3 in his squad.
MASTER

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 pm

MASTER wrote:When he goes we need to bring in some quality but also get rid of kuyt
Also we need more english players because from next season a UEFA Rule dictates you have to have 8 English-born players in your squad.

Which is why Wenger want's Carson, Sidwell, Bent, and Parker as he only has 3 in his squad.

1) What Absolute Nonsense about Kuyt

2) Uefa plan to introduce it after the 08/09 season not next season!

3) So you know Mr Wenger then, interesting.
LFC2007

Postby Espionage » Wed May 02, 2007 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forum LFC2007, I am sure that you will fit in just fine.... :D
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Cheers mate  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Moop123 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Did everyone see the way Rafa and Bellamy hugged when the game finished!   Didnt look like people who dont have a working relationship to me!!!!
Moop123

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 02, 2007 5:07 pm

Moop123 wrote:Did everyone see the way Rafa and Bellamy hugged when the game finished!   Didnt look like people who dont have a working relationship to me!!!!

Thats exactly what I was thinking as it happened.

Rafa was practically getting his freak on.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Thu May 03, 2007 4:42 am

Skill is no substitute for attitude. For what skills and tactical advantage he brings to Liverpool (remember his goals early in the season and the way his pace disturbed defenders), I would be sad to see him leave. But if his attitude was always like that, then it's better he leaves before he disrupts the team. Once he speaks badly or shows his temper to the boss, then he either has to apologize profusely or leave. Rafa won't stand it. Any normal boss shouldn't stand for it. Once you allow players to take digs at management, then you will lose respect from the other players as well. And that is something that we cannot allow to happen. LFC is more than one player, it is always about the team
alxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion