Players of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Ive done a poll in the Football Related Polls Section for each award. Ive made them polls only so that the discussion can be all in here instead of in different sections.

Defender of the Season

Midfielder of the Season

Striker of the Season   :laugh:

Youngster of the Season

Best New Signing

Most Improved Player

Goal of the Season

Player of the Season
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:28 pm

where is the most important poll, Player of the Season? ???
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Right above you  :lookaround
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Dundalk wrote:Right above you  :lookaround

yeah right...you added that in later!  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Defender

Agger. I know he hasn't played much but when he has he has brought a calming affect to the back for and is comfortable on the ball, something that cant be said about the rest

Midfielder

Mascherano. A lot of speculation about if he would be staying or not but it didnt show on the pitch. Always gives his all and has kwality to match

Striker

Torres. I dont know why really but there is just something about him that I like, I think he could have a big future

Youngster of the Season

N'Gog. Has A LOT on his shoulders having to step up when Torres isnt playing but he has done well when asked and will only get better

Best New Signing

Kyrgiakos. Came in and steady up the defense when we were shipping goals, nobody wanted him when he came but he proved everyone wrong and is a great option to have

Most improved player

Lucas. Again a lot of pressure when Alonso left and lets face it he was hated by most Liverpool fans but he stood up and stuck at it and has become a better player as the season has went on

Player of the season

Reina. Dont need any reasons, he is the best keeper in the Premiership and he has been outstanding for us this season

Goal of the season

Torres against Sunderland. He had no right to score from there and the strike was perfect. He meant it exactly as it happened and judged the strike perfectly.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Defender
Agger

Midfielder
Gerrard (just barely over Masch mainly because of his recent performances)

Striker
Torres (yeah who's gonna vote for Ngog, stupid Dundalk :p)

Youngster
Insua

Best New Signing
Johnson

Most Improved
Lucas

Player of the season
Torres (because of his number of goals)

Goal of the season
Torres 1st against Sunderland
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Defender Carra - started badly and really struggled for a while before getting his form back, but never stopped trying and has held a frail back four together all season.

Midfielder - Mascherano - head and shoulders above the rest just because of his obvious will to win and his never say die attitude, when many around him seemed to have accepted this just wasn't our season.

Striker - Torres - he will do I suppose until we get someone better, scores more goals than Rob Jones and even Carra so he may have a future with us.

Youngster - Insua - Not his fault that he has had too play too many games before he is quite ready, struggles defensively at the moment, but looks good when he does get forward.

Best new signing - Big Greek - or maybe just the most surprising success ? I really thought after his first appearance that we would never see him again, came back and has done a great job.

Most Improved player - Lucas - I think if he is given more license (or maybe confidence) to go forward we could have a good player on our hands. While I don't think he is suited to playing beside Masch on a regular basis in a defensive role, I think he has started to show that he can cope with the physicality of the prem and has more to offer than just fouls and tackles.

Player of the season - Mascherano - been in the thick of it ALL season and always fights for everything..... I just wish he wouldn't fight with the refs quite so much.
account deleted by request

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Defender- Carragher.  Although I'd give the nod to the Greek if he had a larger sample to show for himself.  Although Carra's age is showing a bit more in this campaign he is still way above the younger choices.

Midfielder-  Lucas. Brilliant getting forward, great range of ... Sorry, can't do it.  Mascherano almost gets this by default because Lucas has been a nightmare and Gerrard hasn't had enough games at MF to earn the title.  The Waterboy needs no explanation.

Striker-  Torres.  He's alright, we'll keep him :p

Best Signing-  Johnson.  Yeah a bit overpriced but he's a top class RWB and I think he's been very good. 

Youngster-  Insua.  He's been getting alot of stick on here lately but really, he hasn't been as bad as the lack of praise shows.  He's had games where getting forward was is priority and his defensive performance was poor.  He's also had matches where he was very focused at the back and didn't get forward.  I think with some more seasoning he'll be able to develop consistency at both ends of the pitch in the same match.

Most Improved-  Agger.  Although he's been injured alot, when he has been on the pitch I think he's been much improved on his awareness.  Not as much ball watching as he used to, seems much more adept at commiting himself and taking charge.

Player of the Season-  Reina.  The guy has been top class and there has hardly been a goal scored where you could point to him and say he should have done better.  Class act as well.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby muzza798 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Reina, Kuyt and Johnson are the only players who have played well.
muzza798

Postby Well Red » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:55 pm

muzza798 wrote:Reina, Kuyt and Johnson are the only players who have played well.

really? Have you not seen half the games this season? Mascherano has been immense at times, not to mention that kid Fernando Torres who's shown the odd flash of future potential!
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:16 pm

muzza798 wrote:Reina, Kuyt and Johnson are the only players who have played well.

What a stupid post...   :no
Fauxy

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Well Red wrote:

really? Have you not seen half the games this season? Mascherano has been immense at times, not to mention that kid Fernando Torres who's shown the odd flash of future potential!

You're a chick?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Surprised The Greek hasnt taken best defender, when he's been called on his had an immediate imapct.

None of the others have shown any consistency.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Well Red wrote:

That sig is so gay. :laugh: It almost looks like he posed for that shot on purpose.

Anyway players of the season..

Defender: Greek, the rest have been off form at one point or another and he was the reason our defense finally settled down when he got a run of games.  After that our CBs have picked it up quite a bit.

Midfielder:  Masch, easy everyone else has been :censored:.

New Signing: Johnson, top class RB imo.

Young Player of the season: Insua, he's been better than Lucas and N'gog.

Most Improved: Lucas/N'gog kind of a tie between the two both have been asked to do more than they should be and have been okay so far.

Player of the season: Reina, has been there throughout the season and has been great many times.
Zidane

Postby Fauxy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 am

Reg wrote:Surprised The Greek hasnt taken best defender, when he's been called on his had an immediate imapct.

None of the others have shown any consistency.

yeh but he's only had to play about 5 full matches...
Fauxy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion