Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Fri May 07, 2010 3:56 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:There's a syndicated article in one of the papers here that Mancini is set to axe the militants at the club, and that those with their heads on the chopping board include Bellamy, Tevez, Ireland and Richards. I'd have either of the first two (the second, in an ideal world and if we could magically turn monopoly money into real money !)

Considering our financial situation i'm not sure we can even afford one of them unless we get new owners quickly.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:12 pm

stmichael wrote:I'd take Ireland aswell Good player who's been injured a lot this season. He's also mad as a box of frogs. :D

Infact I can see several decent players leaving City. Ireland, SWP, Bridge, Santa Cruz and maybe even Bellamy (although personally I can see him going to Spurs).

def wud take ireland without a doubt
brentd4

Postby brentd4 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:13 pm

brentd4 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We are already getting a freeby striker with Jovanovich so would prefer we actually spent some money if we were going for another. But otherwise id take Cole and Govou.

is that jovanovic deal def happenin

do you know much about him, like is he any good with shootin, pace, strength etc
brentd4

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Ok so what about last summer where are net spend wasin the minus figure ? where was the extra 20 mil there then ?

We have never had a minus net spend under Rafa, so I have no idea when or what you are talking about ?

2009/10

In: £17.5m Johnson; £17.1m Aquilani; £2m Kyrgiakos; £160,000 Ayala; £1.5m Maxi Rodriguez.
Total: £38.26m.
Out: £250,000 Anderson; £3m Leto; £3.5m Arbeloa; £30m Alonso; £4.4m Dossena; £1.5m Voronin; Free Pennant, Miki Roque.
Total: £42.65m.
Net spend: –£4.25m

Obviously your figures are wrong. The board say we spent £18.5 million net.

Which figure is wrong then ?

Who did we buy for 18.5 million that is missing from that list ?

The board is talking lies it seems to me .

Then again we should take into the fact pompey owed us 7 mil or 9 mil for crouch so take that figure away from johnson price and thats even more money we made during the summer .

Maybe we didn't get as much as advertised for some of our players......I am sure our board wouldn't lie.

Seems the truth is starting to come out now Benny as I said.

We sold Alonso, Dossena and Voronin for a guaranteed £29.7m

£7million accounted for right there mate.

In order for completeness having skimmed over the accounts it appears that payment on money owed from previous transfer windows appears to make up the bulk of the so called discrepancies.( Contingent liabilities. )
                      --------------------------

At the end of July 2008 upto £70.6m (which is the maximum as it includes some amounts owed to other companies other than for transfer fees) was owed on transfer fees, at the end of july 2009 this came down to a maximum of £43m.
From Rawk
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri May 07, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Fri May 07, 2010 5:02 pm

brentd4 wrote:
brentd4 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:We are already getting a freeby striker with Jovanovich so would prefer we actually spent some money if we were going for another. But otherwise id take Cole and Govou.

do you know much about him, like is he any good with shootin, pace, strength etc

He's the Serbian Voronin mate!  :D

Honestly no I don't I and can't say I had even heard of him before mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 pm

He's on the run from a war tribunal, mate....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby sully0182 » Sat May 08, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm assuming we're gonna keep all the major stars we have now and say we need a cb, winger and striker at the very least, probably a lb too
that jovanavic looks dodge, belgian league not up to much now and he still doesnt get 20 league goals, i'd much prefer santa cruz, i reckon you'd get him for around 10 mill aswell
we needs a winger too, that jovatic looked really good when he played against us in europe, thinkin ashley young would be a good signing too. Joe cole would be a massive signing on a free, though looks like spurs will beat us too it now
if we're lookin at centre halfs i reckon that eric haangeland is a solid player for fulham, he'd be cheap enough too probably, never heard of that kjaer before
i suspect it will be someone besides rafa making these signings anyway :D
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat May 08, 2010 9:02 pm

s@int wrote:MANCHESTER, England, April 30 (Reuters) - Roberto Mancini has told Carlos Tevez he can leave Manchester City if he is unhappy at the Premier League club.

UK Football

"If a top player is not happy to stay here then it's better to go to another team," the manager told reporters. "I think this is not just the case for Tevez, but for all players."

Tevez complained about Mancini's double training sessions last week and reports have suggested the Argentine is seeking an improved deal, even though he has four years of his contract to run. Some say he might consider his future if City fail to secure Champions League qualification in the final three games.

"It is important that, when a manager or player works in a team, he must be happy to work in this team," Mancini said.

"It's not good for the club, for the squad or for the player if he is not. I don't know if Carlos Tevez is unhappy but he must be content because we have to play three important games.

"For the players, it is a crucial moment. They must put everything they have on the pitch.

"Tevez has four years left on his contract," he added. "If he's not happy, it's better to change squads, not just for Tevez but for all players as well."

-----------------------------------

Tevez has been complaining about the training and supposedly he and Bellamy arn't on speaking terms with Mancini.

He'll be off to Chelsea or Madrid.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LFC ANIME » Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 am

Paper rumored Raul may be leaving to join Spurs or to America. Fellow spaniards such as Salgado, Morientes asked Raul to experience the Premier League. 2 veteran strikers I have in an instance are Henry (whos leaving Barca this summer) & Raul.
LFC ANIME

Postby Owzat » Sun May 09, 2010 7:11 am

If I (or anyone) had said Milan Jovanovic, Danny Wilson and Jonjo Shelvey would be our first three signings of the summer how many would be excited and anticipating a title challenge? Most would be scratching heads, asking "who are dey den?" and not having heard a lot about them is usually a sign that they haven't set much alight, unless they have previous convictions for arson.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:52 am

brentd4 wrote:
brentd4 wrote:

ye i do hes a right moody fecker like bellamy. Would anyone swap aquilani for him. They play similar
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:08 am

Liverpool are seeking to raise £35 million from summer sales.

The Reds boss Rafa Benitez has put £17m Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani up for sale after just one injury-hit season, along with Holland forward Ryan Babel, French striker David Ngog and Moroccan winger Nabil El Zhar.

The agents working for Benitez are looking for big prices, which is making it hard to shift the club's dead wood.

Italian clubs are being tipped off that Aquilani can return to Serie A, but he will cost close to £15m.

Babel is also available if anyone is willing to part with a whopping £10m for the Dutchman.

Ngog, a willing deputy for Torres this season, arrived at Anfield for just £1.5m from PSG in 2008 - now the 21-year-old is rated at £10m by Benitez. El Zhar has made only a handful of appearances in four years - but the Reds hoping to cash in on the 23-year-old before his deal runs out.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....m-sales
bunglemark2

Postby Redman in wales » Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Liverpool are seeking to raise £35 million from summer sales.

The Reds boss Rafa Benitez has put £17m Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani up for sale after just one injury-hit season, along with Holland forward Ryan Babel, French striker David Ngog and Moroccan winger Nabil El Zhar.

The agents working for Benitez are looking for big prices, which is making it hard to shift the club's dead wood.

Italian clubs are being tipped off that Aquilani can return to Serie A, but he will cost close to £15m.

Babel is also available if anyone is willing to part with a whopping £10m for the Dutchman.

Ngog, a willing deputy for Torres this season, arrived at Anfield for just £1.5m from PSG in 2008 - now the 21-year-old is rated at £10m by Benitez. El Zhar has made only a handful of appearances in four years - but the Reds hoping to cash in on the 23-year-old before his deal runs out.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....m-sales

all a load of gubbins.

came from tribal football
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:12 am

It's funny though...thought it'd give a laugh....
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 pm

earnshaw just scored for forest. lets get him in. :lookaround  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion