Aquilani
50%
Keep them both
No votes
Keep neither
30%

Total votes : 20

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 am

Adam will have a much better season this year. Lets not forget he picked up a nasty injury which kept him out of the team for a long while.

Aquilani though, get rid. As Rafa can claim credit for the young lads he signed, he has to take the blame for the dross as well.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:51 am

Charlie Adam is a midtable level player. There is not a single one of the seven teams who finished above us whose midfield he would get into.

Hes wayward... can make an exquisite pass (diagonal ball to Johnson at Stamford Bridge) followed by five misplaced passes. Then theres his biggest weakness... the lack of movement. He "runs" like hes in a swamp (as does Carroll). The lack of mobilty, combined with the wayward passing, means he has no real future with us if we aspire to improve. Hes an ok player.. but ok players (and we are loaded with them) will keep us where we finished last season.
D___C

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:57 am

D___C » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:51 am wrote:Charlie Adam is a midtable level player. There is not a single one of the seven teams who finished above us whose midfield he would get into.

Hes wayward... can make an exquisite pass (diagonal ball to Johnson at Stamford Bridge) followed by five misplaced passes. Then theres his biggest weakness... the lack of movement. He "runs" like hes in a swamp (as does Carroll). The lack of mobilty, combined with the wayward passing, means he has no real future with us if we aspire to improve. Hes an ok player.. but ok players (and we are loaded with them) will keep us where we finished last season.

He will prove his worth.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 am

He will prove his worth for Dunkin Donuts maybe

He doesnt fit in with the system - you can see it clearly .

Look at who lost his marker for their first ? He gives the ball away too easily , he doesn't press quick enough and he doesn't track back.
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am

we had this exact thread thread 12 months ago. people were whinging that we had too many central midfield options. then as the season progressed, due to injuries we ended up with a shortage of options in there. we essentially ended up with spearing, henderson, gerrard and shelvey as options in there which will hardly strike fear into teams.

for what it's worth i'd keep aquilani as the talent is clearly there. you could even see it in flashes last night. spearing isn't good enough imo and adam will probably move on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 am

stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 am wrote:we had this exact thread thread 12 months ago. people were whinging that we had too many central midfield options. then as the season progressed, due to injuries we ended up with a shortage of options in there. we essentially ended up with spearing, henderson, gerrard and shelvey as options in there which will hardly strike fear into teams.

for what it's worth i'd keep aquilani as the talent is clearly there. you could even see it in flashes last night. spearing isn't good enough imo and adam will probably move on.

Agree.  Last summer we had lots of options for CM and somehow we ended up short come January.
Can't let that happen again.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:03 pm

i just pray to god we don't loan shelvey out again. he's good enough to stay and play on a more consistent basis imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

scratch that, sell Spearing and Adam, keep Aquilani, play Gerrard - Allen - Lucas and Aquilani, Henderson and Shelvey as back up
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:44 pm

my team for this season would be

reina

kelly                                        skrtel                        agger                      johnson

lucas                       allen

aquilani

gerrard        carroll         suarez

i`m not normally a big fan of 2 holding midfielders but looking at us in pre season we look very exposed at the back, especially out wide, i`d put lucas and allen in there to help put out any fires. enrique looks way of the pace and has done since last december, until he starts to improve i dont think we can afford to play him in a competative game, he looks a liability atm and in this system where you dont have any wide midfielders i wouldnt risk him.
if we are going with this 3 man midfield then i`m not sure that gerrard has the legs any more to play in that system week in week out, i`d move him into the front 3 (where he is probably more effective anyway)
i think aquilani is a quality player who could easily be the link between the midfield and the attack
we have still got a lot of quality players at the club, if we can get through the transfer window without losing any of them this might sound nuts but i think we can go close next season, dont forget we didnt have gerrard for half the season and we lost lucas for most of it as well, carroll is a different player now and suarez is one of the best players on the planet, barcelona and city want our centre halves.......fate conspired against us last season, anything that could go wrong did go wrong but even with all that bad luck we more than matched up against the top teams.
if the likes of carroll, suarez, gerrard, aquilani etc hit form and we have a bit of luck with injuries we will take some stopping.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion