Player options in summer....who!??

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 am

spiceboys2014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 pm wrote:Presuming that KK or whoever new is in charge, will get a fair wadge of cash to splash, who definately in your opinions should we bid for, major impact players, to make us a major force next term. And who should go. Name 5 in, 5 out. (approx).

Mine.....
In:
1. Bale (spurs .)..50m
2. Prince Boeteng (milan) 30m
3. Llorente (athletic Blibao)...20m.
4. Ben arfa.. (newcastle) 15m
5. Torres...(Chelsea). ...30m.

Out:
1. Carroll....20m.
2. Adam...5m
3. Downing.. 10m
4. Henderson..10m
5. Kuyt..10m.

Net spend....90m.

Ok its a long shot, but they would overnight make us a far better consistently good team.
Who are your choices ( be realistic)
We need to bid big, if we want to get back to where we were. All are not out of the question.
Im trying to be constructive......

you ask people to be realistic but then say we should sign bale, torres and llorente?
stick to footy manager or fifa or whatever the game is called mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby spiceboys2014 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:09 am

...100% proves that some of u, actually believe we are now mediocre.
So who shoulld we buy??  A few more charlie adams?
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Simari » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:44 am

Prince Boateng for 20m? You must be joking ....

Wouldn't sanction a deal fo 1m for that trash. It's like spending 20m on Hendo 2.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 am

spiceboys2014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 pm wrote:Presuming that KK or whoever new is in charge, will get a fair wadge of cash to splash, who definately in your opinions should we bid for, major impact players, to make us a major force next term. And who should go. Name 5 in, 5 out. (approx).

Mine.....
In:
1. Bale (spurs .)..50m
2. Prince Boeteng (milan) 30m
3. Llorente (athletic Blibao)...20m.
4. Ben arfa.. (newcastle) 15m
5. Torres...(Chelsea). ...30m.

Out:
1. Carroll....20m.
2. Adam...5m
3. Downing.. 10m
4. Henderson..10m
5. Kuyt..10m.

Net spend....90m.

Ok its a long shot, but they would overnight make us a far better consistently good team.
Who are your choices ( be realistic)
We need to bid big, if we want to get back to where we were. All are not out of the question.
Im trying to be constructive......

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I don't know whats funnier, the fact you think we can get Bale or that we would get £20 million for pub player Carroll
Doeboy

Postby spiceboys2014 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 am

So ur saying 50m would not land Bale.? Liverpool were never going to sell Torres, but look where he ended up.

Just shows how the belief of fans has shifted with the times. Lol.

Im afraid we are going to have to break the bank if we want to get back near the top.

Ok, instead hows about. Yakubu, duff, danny murphy, and joey barton. :) :)

Depends where we want to be really doesn't it. Expect city + utd to spend big on quality, and if we do nothing, expect a few more years of the same.

Instead of ridiculing my post, why not bring forth a solution of your own, unless u dont have one and are instead relying on adam, hendo and downing to come good. :)
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 am

Bale is one of the best players in the league. Clubs who can offer CL football and wages will be interested and are ahead of the queue and you expect us to compete with them? We need to get realistic  - we now dine after the big boys have finished at the table in the transfer market. I don't like it, but thats the way it currently is and we need to get real if we are to get out of this shower.
Doeboy

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 am

have you seen the turn over of John Henry's other businesses? the Red Sox for instance, umpteen millions spent on salaries alone. You think £100 million is a risk for these people? I think the money will be there in summer.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

FSG should hire the bloke who signed all the Newcastle players & fire the duds employed here.

It seems like another disaster brewing on the horizon just when everyone thought all was well & going in the right direction.
killerp

Postby spiceboys2014 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Bale is one of the best players in the league. Clubs who can offer CL football and wages will be interested and are ahead of the queue and you expect us to compete with them?

Oh right. I thought LFC were the biggest most successful club in England, 18 league titles, 5 european cups. Compared to Spurs' ...ZILCH!!!. Must just be my imagination.
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

Okay now you two have finished

Right next season will have to change but the likes of Henderson and Carroll will still be here.

There is no problem with our back 5 in the slightest I'd even say its the best in England

Going forward we struggle. Gerrard needs to play as far forward in our midfield next season. Lucas is amazing and we miss him ever so much.

Upfront I honestly think Suarez and carroll next year will progress together. Aslong as they get the right service they need.

We need some width next year and I think that's where we should buy.

Jesus navas and Adam Johnson would set us back about 40 million but it will very worth it.

So my team for next year would look like

Reina

Johnson.       Agger.        Skrtle.         Enrique

Lucas

Jesus navas.                               Adam Johnson

Gerrard

Suarez.                          Carroll

Going out Adam 3m.   Downing 5m.  Kuyt 5m. Maxi Rodriguez 5m.   Shelvey 3m.  carragher retired

That would be recouping 21m for players who aren't good enough or aren't liked.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 am

Jesus Navas will never leave seville. He has some sort of chronic homesickness that gives him anxiety attacks if he is away from home for too long.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 am

spiceboys2014 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Bale is one of the best players in the league. Clubs who can offer CL football and wages will be interested and are ahead of the queue and you expect us to compete with them?

Oh right. I thought LFC were the biggest most successful club in England, 18 league titles, 5 european cups. Compared to Spurs' ...ZILCH!!!. Must just be my imagination.

.....and there is the problem. We WERE the biggest club however. The majority of players don't sign for clubs on their past glories as much as us fans would like to believe. We are a huge club and can still attract good players but unfortunately are going to struggle to attract the very best out there which Bale is (and his got potential to get even better). Torres left for Chelsea, another club who come nowhere near us when it comes to past success/silverware. The likes of Real, Barca, Chelsea, Man City will be after Bale and its unrealistic to expect us to compete for him, although for sure we can be in the race and chuck our names in the hat, but wouldn't hold your breath. Footballers have relatively short careers, so its all about making as much £££££'s as you can while having the best chance of picking up silverware
Doeboy

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 am

I would say and realistically speaking top 5 players who will go out in the summer are:

1. Maxi: 1m
2. Aurelio: free
3. Carroll: 10m
4. Adam: 3m
5. Kuyt: 3m

Top 5 in:

1. Gaston Ramirez: 10m
2. Isla: 10m
3. Nathan Redmond: 5m
4. Junio Hoilett: free
5. Yann M'Villa: 10m
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 am

I dont think it is the fact that we are settling for mediocricy, I just think there is a need for a bit of realism.  We are not going to get Garath Bale..  Its not that we dont want him but more that he is unlikely to leave Spurs for anyone except Barcelona or maybe City or United.

Another problem with your list of "ins" is where is Lionel Messi?  Surely if you want to build the best team in the next  transfer window we should have Messi??? 

Sorry mate, to rebuild Liverpool it is going to take a long time, 4 or 5 seasons in reality, little steps moving in the right direction.  We are miles away from the top 4 at the moment mainly due to the massive mis-management of the club under Hicks and Gillette.  Unfortunately it always takes longer to climb than it does to fall.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:58 am

RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 am wrote:Okay now you two have finished

Right next season will have to change but the likes of Henderson and Carroll will still be here.

There is no problem with our back 5 in the slightest I'd even say its the best in England

Going forward we struggle. Gerrard needs to play as far forward in our midfield next season. Lucas is amazing and we miss him ever so much.

Upfront I honestly think Suarez and carroll next year will progress together. Aslong as they get the right service they need.

We need some width next year and I think that's where we should buy.

Jesus navas and Adam Johnson would set us back about 40 million but it will very worth it.

So my team for next year would look like

Reina

Johnson.       Agger.        Skrtle.         Enrique

Lucas

Jesus navas.                               Adam Johnson

Gerrard

Suarez.                          Carroll

Going out Adam 3m.   Downing 5m.  Kuyt 5m. Maxi Rodriguez 5m.   Shelvey 3m.  carragher retired

That would be recouping 21m for players who aren't good enough or aren't liked.

I genuinely don't think Carroll is suited to us and in hidsight if I had £35m to spunk away on a tall striker I'd have picked Llorente everyday - I wouldn't have adovcated it at the time but having seen him tear Man U apart and the rest he genuinely looks class. The team you've posted still lacks that number 9 imo. We've been unfortunate with injuries to the back 4 and I'd change very little about that current set up - though I fear Reina could be off in the summer and a new keeper will be in
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion