Pellegrino - New player's assessment

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:02 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The way Abs is talkin about him youd think he knew him dead well,  :D Ive never even heard of him ???

i hope your joking, pelligrino is very well known from his partnership with ayala during valenica most succesful recent seasons

:D No im not jokin but ive heard of ayala, im only interested in Lpool anyway, but I bet Abs hasnt heard of him either :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:15 pm

me too,  never heard of him.... But then again, i don't really watch the spanish league unless barca & real are playing.

Don't wanna judge players before they kick the ball. Predicting that cisse will tear apart every defence this season already made me a laughing stock among my m8............

Reserve judgement after i see him play.
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:19 pm

The_Rock wrote:i don't really watch the spanish league unless barca & real are playing.

speaking of barca, i can't believe villereal beat them 3-0 last night and forlan scored twice. unbelievable. :oh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:21 pm

stmichael wrote:
The_Rock wrote:i don't really watch the spanish league unless barca & real are playing.

speaking of barca, i can't believe villereal beat them 3-0 last night and forlan scored twice. unbelievable. :oh:

so if we meet them in the champions league final...nothing to fear about eh  :cool:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:14 pm

From Sky Sports    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

Liverpool new boy Mauricio Pellegrino is looking forward to his new career on Merseyside having arrived in England on Monday.

The former Valencia stopper arrives at Anfield in bullish mood having fallen out of favour at the Mestalla under Claudio Ranieri.

Pellegrino won two titles at Valencia and, having previously worked under boss Rafa Benitez, the tough defender is looking forward to a bright future.

''Valencia is now a thing of the past, I will now be judged by the future here at Liverpool,'' said Pellegrino.

''At Valencia I was not playing regularly and not even training with the first team.

''I decided to leave because Benitez wanted me and knew my worth. I am prepared to work and do my best.

''It is very easy to talk about what you are to do, but I believe it is more important to produce deeds and not just words.''
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:23 pm

Ha, Pelle looks a bit like The Cowboy from Innerspace!! :D  :laugh:  :D  :laugh:

jonnymac1979

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Pellegrino is to wear the number 12 shirt for liverpool this season.
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Lad you're takin the ******.

44 posts in just over a day??

Self moderation for ****** sake.

You're dragging down the standard of the forum.
115-1073096938

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:26 pm

Can't we all just get along ? :D
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:28 pm

.. sound advice A.B ??? :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:53 pm

stu can u not lay off ppl? leave the guy alone, its a free forum he can post as often as he wants
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:30 am

I've watched Pellegrino's press conference and I was impressed by his attitude, he basically said 'talk is cheap' and 'actions speak louder then words' when asked about himself :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:15 am

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is snapped with his new signing Mauricio Pellegrino. The 33-year-old centre-back had his first training session at Melwood yesterday and pledged that he hasn't come here to play in the reserves.

Signed on a free transfer to provide cover for Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher, the Argentine can't wait to get his career back on track before finally hanging up his boots.

"I could have taken the easy option and stayed in the reserves at Valencia," said Pellegrino. "But I still have a huge desire to play and, hopefully, will do well here."

The player was offered an 18-month deal by Liverpool but opted instead for a short-term deal of just six months.

Rafael Benitez said: "He told me 'Just a six-month contract and then we will see. I don't want to come just to learn English. I want to play and prove I am worth it'.

"Mauricio is a winner and someone every manager wants in the dressing room. He has had nine days on holiday and was training for eight of them as he hasn't played for five months."

The player has left his wife in Spain as she is expecting a baby in March - wise choice son, wise choice
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion