End of Season Assessment - how did we fare?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 24, 2013 10:19 am

Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:01 am wrote:Again I have said we did make progress in the league

As for style and personnel progress that for me is only judged on the results gained

So whilst we may at times look more threatening we have also at times looked more vunerable at the back where as last season it was the opposite - struggled up front but solid at the back.

I would prefer to win 1 nil than draw 4-4.

The judgements is down to the results on the pitch in all competitions

7 pages and it was like extracting blood from a stone (not very worthwhile in all honesty) from your second page whinge of "7th in the league and still behind the BS" which was your original remark on the league.  :glare:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am

Well my original statement was a fact was it not ? Or did we not finish 7th and behind the BS ?
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:01 am

I think it was the contradiction between the 2 statements he was getting at
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 11:04 am

What contradiction ?

We did finish 7th behind the BS - it is progress from finishing 8th behind the BS but it still isn't anywhere near good enough ?

Is there anything I have said that is false ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:18 am

Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:48 am wrote:Well my original statement was a fact was it not ? Or did we not finish 7th and behind the BS ?

So why did it take seven pages to admit progress had been made in the league, why didn't you acknowledge this alongside your "fact" in the first place?

Or would it just be fair to say your "end of season assessment" just revolved around being negative because you don't have faith in Rodgers, so would rather spit chips than give the bloke some credit? I would say that's a fair assessment of your position, surely you would too...?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

I made a statement of fact Bam.

It's quite simple and I passed my judgement and opinion on the season basing it on results.

If you want to find positives out of coming 7th then knock yourself out.

But I think I'm just about done justifying myself to someone like you.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

Or would it just be fair to say your "end of season assessment" just revolved around being negative because you don't have faith in Rodgers, so would rather spit chips than give the bloke some credit? I would say that's a fair assessment of your position, surely you would too...? 

So this is spot on.

Thanks for clarifying.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Fri May 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:01 am wrote:
I would prefer to win 1 nil than draw 4-4.

I'm curious as to why you needed to post this? Who wouldn't? Ever? Even in a cup 2 leg game that's better.

Am I missing something?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I have posted my opinion and judgement Bam - it's there at face value.

Where as you don't actually seem to post an opinion and just prefer to critisize others.

Try an original opinion and add something to the thread instead of just posting about my opinion
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 11:34 am wrote:I have posted my opinion and judgement Bam - it's there at face value.

Where as you don't actually seem to post an opinion and just prefer to critisize others.

Try an original opinion and add something to the thread instead of just posting about my opinion

Is that right?

Who opened this thread with an opinion smart @rse?

Who in your words added "valuable input" by stating "+D" as their first "insightful" post? Once you realised you weren't going to get any attention from that "valuable input", you went for the negative jugular as you have done throughout many threads on these boards to get the attention you craved. Well, I'm giving you that attention now lad as you worked pretty damned hard in getting it; so if you want to see 'more' original posts from me, I'll equally demand you stop troll-ing for attention and at least give credit where it is due. After all, if you can afford Downing credit and say he has earned the right to be here next season, then why hasn't Rodgers who incidentally has gotten more out of Downing than anyone else not earned that right too?

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 1:03 pm

But if we can improve on Downing then I would happily improve on him.

I do have a negative outlook with the club at the moment because the expectations I have on the club are a lot higher than what I have seen in recent years. Currently I see nothing but a midtable team and there is nothing positive about that.

I will give credit where " I believe it is due " not where "you believe it is due"
Benny The Noon

Postby babu » Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 pm wrote:But if we can improve on Downing then I would happily improve on him.

I do have a negative outlook with the club at the moment because the expectations I have on the club are a lot higher than what I have seen in recent years. Currently I see nothing but a midtable team and there is nothing positive about that.

I will give credit where " I believe it is due " not where "you believe it is due"

Benny, do you think you are unique in this expectation? I reckon if you asked any member of this forum, you'd find 7th place and no trophies a failure for a club like LFC. Do you think any of us want to see this continue?

This club has a history that none can in england can come close too, and a worldwide (and regrettably aging) fan base that only recently has been challenged by MU.

Faith and support.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri May 24, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm no fan of Everton but am I really bothered that they have come ahead of us in the league for two years running for the first time in over half a century. Kenny took over a shed load of problems and so did Brendan. On the other hand Moyes was operating with a lot of settled players in a comfortable environment with very limited expectations. The complete reverse has been true for several years at Liverpool and there isn't a quick fix. Everton played some impressive football this season and who knows if it hadn't been for Moyes delaying contract decisions they may have got into the top four. I said maybe !!!

I maintain that the Liverpool that finished this season are a long way ahead of the team that finished last season. I prefer the glass half full outlook rather than the glass half empty or in some cases the glass with fk all in it  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri May 24, 2013 2:21 pm

devaney » Fri May 24, 2013 1:16 pm wrote:I'm no fan of Everton but am I really bothered that they have come ahead of us in the league for two years running for the first time in over half a century. Kenny took over a shed load of problems and so did Brendan. On the other hand Moyes was operating with a lot of settled players in a comfortable environment with very limited expectations. The complete reverse has been true for several years at Liverpool and there isn't a quick fix. Everton played some impressive football this season and who knows if it hadn't been for Moyes delaying contract decisions they may have got into the top four. I said maybe !!!

I maintain that the Liverpool that finished this season are a long way ahead of the team that finished last season. I prefer the glass half full outlook rather than the glass half empty or in some cases the glass with fk all in it  :help

if the linesman at goodison had done his job properly in the derby we'd have finished above them.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

C'mon, not this ref blaming garbage again.
You don't finish were you finish after a 38 game long league campaign because of luck or refs. Worst excuse ever.
Just to counter your argument. They had a legitimate goal chalked off at Anfield. But I guess that doesn't count when the refs are helping you...  :no

I'll go as far as saing that there are a few more positive signs after this season than last, but also alot of questionmarks.
We have so many players that we can ask if they really are good enough to help us climb the table, not to mention a defense in disarray and the fact that a long time servant is leaving.
When it comes to defending aspect of a defender he was mayne our best one. I wouldn't bet on any of our defenders to defend a peewee goal let alone a PL goal.
Sure, they can be rectified in the summer, but we better hope for a "january wondow "this summer and not a repaeat of last summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion