Palace, - A pivotal moment in our season.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:38 pm

Here we go, on the back of a draw with Blackburn and an admittedly unfortunate defeat against Birmingham. One point from six when many would have expected at least four.
The league is starting to sort itself out, the cream is beginning to rise to the top and I kinda get the feeling that come the end of the season, this will be remembered as a pivotal game in our campaign. Palace are dogged, determined and annoying in equal measure, they posess a striker who has been broadly slagged on these pages (hope it doesn't come back to haunt us) and they will be a tough nut to crack IMHO.
Crack 'em we must thiough if we're serious about hanging around in those upper echelons of the premiership. Win and we're in clover, lose and we're languishing in and around mid-table. Crucial.
For me it's a nail-biter. 2-1 to us with that little ponce Johnson to score for them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:49 pm

definitely agree with you big mick, the table is starting to slowly take shape and we need to make sure we stay as close to the top as possible, over the next few weeks teams who made great starts will start to fall down the table and its our chance to gain some points over these teams, we are expected to beat palace but they are in good form and our last two league games have not been great, this is definitley a much more important game than paper suggests! i would like to approach the game in an attacking frame of mind with baros and possibly mellor (good goal poacher, will sit in six yard box) up front and garcia and warnock/partridge on either wing with alonso pulling the strings alongside hamann in midfield!
we should beat them if we are serious about the rafalution!   :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Red_Si » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:30 pm

We've lost 4 already!!! Any more than 7 defeats and I we will not make the CL.

Birmingham were 5th from bottom.
Red_Si

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:38 pm

I'm not sure that this game is pivotal, although it is a must win.

I think our season will be shaped in the next few weeks, and the Arsenal game could be the pivotal moment. We lost to Chelsea and Man UTD (in both games we never looked like winning) but they were early in the season. Things should be settling down now and the Arsenal game will be a good indicator of where we are at.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:23 pm

i agree with john barnes granny.but i do feel we can't drop many more points,but that comes down to our away form which is an area we must improve.palace will be tough,but even with the injuries we have at moment i would still expect to turn them over.:D :;):
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:32 pm

I didnt watch palaces game on wednesday but I would have thought they would have fielded there first team. They got beat by mostly manure kids, if it was there first team out they will have had one day training, then up to liverpool today, where as we had 9 changes in our first team wed, milans back, I reckon we will win. If them players played on wed.
I would go for Milan and Mellor upfront but im not the gaffer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:35 pm

i can't believe we're discussing this, home win no doubt in my mind
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Nah Lynds, Dowies too shrewd for that. They made eleven changes, yes ELEVEN for the Man U game. They're just about the local team round here, I get quite a few of the players in the Pub and they've all got the greatese respect for the manager. A more hard-working, well drilled team we will not meet all season.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:38 pm

Dowie is a decent manager. Getting Palace up last season was incredible as they looked like relegation candidates before he took over. I don't think he's in the job a year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:38 pm

bigmick wrote:Nah Lynds, Dowies too shrewd for that. They made eleven changes, yes ELEVEN for the Man U game. They're just about the local team round here, I get quite a few of the players in the Pub and they've all got the greatese respect for the manager. A more hard-working, well drilled team we will not meet all season.

11 changes :down:  ffs thought I might have been onto something then maybe not hey :blush: oh well weve got anfield and the kop :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:39 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I didnt watch palaces game on wednesday but I would have thought they would have fielded there first team. They got beat by mostly manure kids, if it was there first team out they will have had one day training, then up to liverpool today, where as we had 9 changes in our first team wed, milans back, I reckon we will win. If them players played on wed.
I would go for Milan and Mellor upfront but im not the gaffer.

Fraid not cisse as they put out mainly a reserve side.

Apparently Johnson is a doubt for the game tho.

Either way it is a must win and hopefully with players rested in midweek we should beat them especially with Baros back.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:39 pm

i stillr eckon 2-0 us
we'll respect them but we are justa better team, i cant see them winning if we can block out johnson they havent really got anythng else
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:44 pm

we are a better team than brum dawson but we couldnt beat them last week, dont mean anything look at pompey beatin manure a few weeks ago 2-0.
And then pompey got beat by spurs 3-0 last week.
Ive been watching them a few times this season not very closley must admit, but they are one hard working team.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Agreed Daws'. One of those games that you could win 3-0 and say, "what was all the fuss about. Theyre sh ite". But, one where we could come unstuck. They won't do a Charlton and roll over. Expect a very resiliant and workmanlike performance.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 pm

bigmick wrote:Agreed Daws'. One of those games that you could win 3-0 and say, "what was all the fuss about. Theyre sh ite". But, one where we could come unstuck. They won't do a Charlton and roll over. Expect a very resiliant and workmanlike performance.

One thing in our favour is that I think Palace have really played above themselves for the last month and runs like those by smaller sides always come to an unsticky end eventually.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion