Rafa his mood at the moment - We can't do what valencia did?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:46 am

azriahmad wrote:Laza, I was referring to the reports of the Board asking Benithez to consider buying Owen when the funds should instead be directed towards a central defender.

Pray that we do not get the likes of Barca who has the quicksilver Eto'o and some pretty fancy attacking midfielders. Hyppia will get skinned alive and gets passed by time and again.

Well only time will tell how much of this is just journalist filling their paper columns.
Regardless of what happens with Owen, i will be hoping we get a quality CD in as every days draws closer to start of season that hope is looking increasingly forlorn
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:04 am

Just play Crouch as CB and bring back Owen. Situation solved. (but I prefer not to get Owen back). :p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby banburyred » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:06 pm

We bid £7.5M for Milito so there must be funds for a CB.  The Baros money when we get it will fund most of the Owen deal.  I can't see Rafa's plans for a CB and RW being effected
banburyred

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:13 pm

philchampionsl2005 wrote:When rafa left valencia he spoke that he was disappointed in the board because of there interference and lack of funds available to him to get what he wants. It's probably me overeacting to what i've seen but hope rafa dosn't become upset with the board.

here here. someone with a bit of sense for a change.  Does anybody remember his infamous quote:

"i asked for Couch they gave me a lamp"

Though funny at the time it had proper meaning. Valencia board bought exactly the player rafa didn't want and through these odd actions,that Moores might still do, twisted rafas neck and he thought this club does what it does, not what i want for the good of the team, and he left.  If morres and Parry buy owen, against Rafa wishes, there could be division.

And at the end of the day who is more important at this time rafa or Owen ?
109-1093441336

Postby banana » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:25 pm

meelan#5 wrote:
philchampionsl2005 wrote:When rafa left valencia he spoke that he was disappointed in the board because of there interference and lack of funds available to him to get what he wants. It's probably me overeacting to what i've seen but hope rafa dosn't become upset with the board.

here here. someone with a bit of sense for a change.  Does anybody remember his infamous quote:

"i asked for Couch they gave me a lamp"

Though funny at the time it had proper meaning. Valencia board bought exactly the player rafa didn't want and through these odd actions,that Moores might still do, twisted rafas neck and he thought this club does what it does, not what i want for the good of the team, and he left.  If morres and Parry buy owen, against Rafa wishes, there could be division.

And at the end of the day who is more important at this time rafa or Owen ?

That would be a sad day if the board went behind rafa's back. And from reading a lot of the posts in here supporters want to put "pressure" on him to sign Owen. As Meelan said, Rafa left Valencia because he got a lamp when he wanted a couch. Liverpool can not afford to lose his managerial talent by doing the same stupid thing.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:32 pm

i think Rafa is just frustrated that we're constantly being legged over in the transfer market (not his fault) and so wants to make sure we get a good deal. We've either made big losses, Diouf, or have had to loan out players, Cheyrou, or simply cannot get rid of them at all, Diao!

in amongst all that i'm sure he wants a good deal just like other teams have been able to get off of us - no harm in that. Also, why should we be held to ransom over transfer fees, the general transfer market is again quite benign this year - aside from the odd player the likes of Barcelona, Milan, Arsenal, Man U etc have all been quite quiet - the exceptions being Chelsea and Real. Even in England its only been Newcastle who've been spending, or rather trying to - generally teams have struggled to get players in (Arsenal for example)

think the Owen situation is independent of a RW and CB as i cannot see Moores or Parry upsetting Rafa given they know thats one of the reasons he left Valencia or was frustrated there any way. Rafa is just making sure we can get the right players for the right money, why should the board need convincing on anyonw from Rafa when they were happy to plough lots of money into Houllier's signings without asking whether they made sense? i'm convinced the Board or cash is not an issue here but sensible valuations and availability of the players is.
red_indian

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:47 pm

I read that they have conviced him that owen is a good idea, this is alot different then just buying him owen when he clearly doesnt want him. I think they are prepared to bring owen in as long as baros goes. I dont think this will effect rafa bringin in a center back and right winger.

Altho Owen has been playin right wing for Real! :D  :O  :p
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion