Favourite gh moment?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Favourite gh moment?

3-2 win against Everton when Gary Mac scored last min FK.
13%
League cup victory against Birmingham.
No votes
UEFA cup final victory against Alaves.
36%
FA Cup final victory over Arsenal.
31%
Return from heart problems against Roma.
13%
Champions League Quarter finalists.
No votes
Worthington cup win over ManU.
3%
Other.
5%

Total votes : 39

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 28, 2004 2:02 am

I've gone for the 5-4 Alaves Final, just about the most incredible game I have ever witnessed.  4 Days earlier we were outplayed by Arsenal and robbed the Cup off them which was sweet :p  But for sheer excitement, flowing attacking and entertaining edge of your pants stuff this game was hard to beat :D

Just having the poll shows how many memories we have had watching LFC under Houlliers reign. :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 28, 2004 10:41 am

My favourite moment?

Watch when Gary McAllister's deflected free kick goes in to make it 5 - 4 to Liverpool in the 2001 UEFA Cup final.

The camera cuts straight to Gerard Houllier.  You have never seen so much joy and emotion as you see in his face in that one camera shot. 

Sends a shiver every time I see it.  He was invincible back then!!!! :D  :D  :D
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Fri May 28, 2004 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Fri May 28, 2004 11:24 am

Was Gary Mac 35 or 36 at the end of that season?

He was here about 2 years (or was it closer to 18 months?) and really only made an impact in 6 or 7 of those months but what an impact!

I remember Dalglish was interested in signing him in 1990 but Gary Mac somehow slipped away and went to Leeds instead.

He was excellent for Leeds in 1992........

:(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 31, 2004 1:26 pm

ive gone for the everton win as you could tell how much it meant to GH. it showed just how much of a red GH really is
still glad hes gone but looking at the above list it reminds me a lot more of the good times we had, no matter how few and far between they were, they were still good times
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:27 am

UEFA CUP FINAL what a top class game and i was so exited for the whole game that i wet my pants in the pub 1! i will never forget that nor will my mates who still constantly remind me of it!!  :O
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:28 am

I'm surprised nobody has posted:

"When he left the club"

:D  :D  :D

It was quite sad actually after all.  Sad but inevitable.
jonnymac1979

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:36 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Yeah when we mugged Arsenal, defo GHs best moment for me :) After the one where he got in his car and finally fkd off:D :laugh: :D :laugh:

somebody did  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:41 pm

one of my favourite houllier moments was this:

Liverpool damager Gerard Houllier has admitted, once again, that his side were up against in their 1-0 FA Cup defeat to threadbare Portsmouth.

“Well, the lads preparation was hampered, severely, by the fact that we didn’t have enough teabags available on the trip down.”

“I know Portsmouth had 14 players out but we had problems of our own when I visited a corner-shop to find they had no unknown French tea for us to buy, let alone milk for Emile’s bottle or bog-roll for Michael’s boots - I’m shocked that Argos make any money.”

“Instead, I bought what I thought was a good quality brew, but it was actually one of those value brands that was weak and tasteless. The lads didn’t stand a chance in such conditions.”

“So I can’t fault the lads, but one thing I am sure of is that once we get our Tetley’s back you’ll see an entirely different tea altogether.”

:D  :p  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:08 pm

When all the fuss dies down and a new regime is in place, I really hope we all remember that he brought the good times back for a while during his reign.  It wasn't all bad.  History wont judge him too harshly.  Lets face it, nobody will ever forget these moments we have all listed on here, or the fact that he appeared invincible for a time.

Remember the Roma game at Anfield, Houllier's comeback, there was only one team going to win that night.......
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:23 am

Definitely the Roma game you could feel the emotion in the air ,and the game made me breathless  with overwhelming pride . Houlliers best quote after Ferguson had implied Liverpool came to  the theatre of queens with no intention of playing to win ,to which Houllier retorted yes we came to do some shopping we heard the Arndale  was good , absolute classic !
:D :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:25 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm surprised nobody has posted:

"When he left the club"

:D  :D  :D

It was quite sad actually after all.  Sad but inevitable.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :D
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:41 pm

It's gotta be the uefa cup win- what a roller coaster:
3' Babbel :D
16' Gerrard :D
27' Alonso
41' McAllister (penalty) :D
48' Moreno
51' Moreno
73' Fowler :D
88' Cruyff
117' Geli (owngoal)  :cool:
Alaves 4 - 5 Liverpool       
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:37 am

ID SAY IT WOULD HAVE TO BE GARYS MACS FREE KICK AGAINT THE BLUE S**TE I WAS SITTING IN MY GRANDADS WITH 2 OF MY UNCLES WHO ARE BLUES HOW WE RUBBED IT IN GREAT STUFF :laugh:
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:24 pm

I too would go for Gary Macs last min winner against the s**t. The way he ran towards the bench with Houllier in pure disbelief. Sander making a appearance in the celebrations. Sammy Lee causing earthquakes jumping around. Paul Gerrard sitting on the ground at the final whistle and that shot of a blue with his top over his mouth. Class moment that i will never forget :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:27 am

I have the clip of that goal on my PC, love it.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion