Favourite gh moment?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Favourite gh moment?

3-2 win against Everton when Gary Mac scored last min FK.
13%
League cup victory against Birmingham.
No votes
UEFA cup final victory against Alaves.
36%
FA Cup final victory over Arsenal.
31%
Return from heart problems against Roma.
13%
Champions League Quarter finalists.
No votes
Worthington cup win over ManU.
3%
Other.
5%

Total votes : 39

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:47 pm

My fav GH off the pitch moment was the "Robbie was eating the Grass" excuse . :D  Classic. :cool:
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:13 pm

When he was taken ill he was the messiah and the team seemed to play for him in every game he was missing but the atmosphere and reception he recieved on his return game was amazing and brought a tear to my eye. They were good days.
Is the FA cup final a GH moment or an Owen moment as is the Uefa final, I know we won but that game has been taken away from us and now belongs to football legend. A proud moment that one.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:25 pm

i voted for the fa cup final because simply because of the manner in which we beat the arsenal. I remember i got a phone call from my mate whos an arsenal supporter at half time gloating, saying that they were gonna murder us, so to steal the victory from them the way we did was amazing and was a feeling i will never forget   :)
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:10 pm

who the hell is diarra wrote:My fav GH off the pitch moment was the "Robbie was eating the Grass" excuse . :D  Classic. :cool:

I know.  How funny was that.

From http://www.dispatch.co.za/1999/04/05/sport/FOWLER.HTM

Fowler in trouble

LIVERPOOL -- Liverpool soccer coach Gerard Houllier defended his star striker, calling Robbie Fowler's gesture on Saturday of pretending to sniff the white chalk off the pitch just a "joke."

England international Fowler, goaded by rival Everton fans, dropped to his knees in Saturday's match at Anfield -- after tying the game 1-1 on a penalty in the 15th -- and made a gesture like he was inhaling a white line on the pitch. Liverpool won 3-2 with Fowler also converting a penalty in the 21st minute.

Fowler had previously received drug-related slurs from Everton fans, with some calling him 'smackhead.' His gesture prompted police to move in and prevent any Everton fans from trying to get at Fowler.

"I had a talk with him. It's a joke'', said Houllier, who added former Metz player Rigobert Song taught Liverpool players the grass-eating gesture.

"In Metz they used to eat the grass," Houllier said. "I think he was just doing that. It was nothing more than that . . . the players dance near the corner flag and all that. So I think Fowler just did it for fun."

Fowler, who is to go before a FA disciplinary committee over taunts last month involving Chelsea defender Graeme Le Saux, could face a fine or sanctions from the FA.
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

moved from advanced section
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Spent one of my snow days off the other week watching the Treble DVD. What a season!!!!

It's a bit sad to see how few replies this got (not even two full pages) but I guess it was in the Advanced section.

Best Houllier moment had to be the Roma game, simply amazing. Wish i'd gone that game.

Next best for me was a bit different. After we lost that sucker punch FA Cup game at Trafford, 1-0 up with a few mins to play thanks to an Owen goal and then Soljaer punished us with two goals in the final minutes. Was absolutely mortified, as low as i've ever felt watching a football match but Houllier was all defiance in the post match interview, he vowed 'we will beat them one day' and then he went on to win 5 straight against the manc b..a..s..t..a..r..d..s a season ot two later. That really lifted me at the time when he said that, especially as i'd watched the game with THREE mancs.
Last edited by Scottbot on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion