Owen threatens to go! (official)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cleman » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 am

Owen is a world class player. I don't see any reason he couldn't get a place in Real Madrid even Raul & Ronaldo are there.

I support Owen to leave (but not to another EPL club), the best place of course is Real Madrid. Liverpool is not the club for him under GH !!

Unless GH leave before end of this season. Otherwise, I urge Owen to leave, same to Kewell.
Cleman

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:12 pm

I don't know where Madrid would fit him.

Raul is the biggest star in Spain, and both he and Ronaldo have it in their contracts to start a game if they are fit.

The only way Madrid could fit him in is to sell maybe Figo, and play 3 up front.

All the same, I don't think Owen would leave Liverpool for just about anybody, and there are only maybe three or four clubs that he would choose from. I could see him wanting to go, but ending up having to stay another year or two at Liverpool as he might feel that the right move wasn't on.

Its happened before to players, like Kluivert at Barcelona.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:46 pm

Then would any club that could afford him and fulfil his requirements actually want him? I am guessing manu and Chelsea are the only two English clubs that could pay ridiculous amounts AND fulfil his title aspirations. Madrid might just buy him because he would be fantastic for merchandise sales etc and there is never any harm in having a 3rd quality striker (Kermit, take note) I doubt there are more than 5 teams across Europe that would pay the fee and guarantee Owen titles
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:39 am

He will die if he leave for Real Madrid!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby azriahmad » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:54 am

No matter how loyal Owen is to Liverpool or much he loves the club, as a person with ambitions in life, I will not balme him if he decides to leave because Liverpool is deeply entrenched in mediocrity, unless we accept Houllier's reasoning that a 4th place finish in the League and winning the odd insignificant cups, such as the league cup, would represent a "successful" campaign.
The Liverpool of yesteryear wuold never publicly aim for such a lowly league finish and consider it a holy conquest. We have been deluded for five years too long and over 100 million pounds too much by this bumbling and sorry excuse of a manager that a mere Champions' League qualification considered a good finish.
For a professional footballer, his career span is short and if he is tempted to play in an outfit which chases (and wins) championships and the top trophies with top quality players who can help improve his game, we all should understand his aspirations. Just don't make the mistake of letting Owen go on a Bosman when the potential transfer price is lucrative enough to repurchase several players in key positions.
Just don't let Houllier hang around to waste the transfer payment on planks and w@nkers who have "potential", have been based in France, cost way too much and can miss chances that our grannies can convert while wearing a blindfold!
I say that if the offer is really good and Owen wants to go, then we should not stand in his way.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:54 pm

Good Luck to Michael whatever he does (bar joining Mancscum) - He's done more for us than any individual player of the last five years.  30 million quid would be nice instead of nothing on a Bosman (which I don't believe Michael would do), but one thing here - whats the point of getting a chunk of cash like that only for Houllier to buy another piece of cr#p like Heskey or Smicer or Cheyrou or Biscan or Traore or ... God help us, DIOUFF! (I know not all strikers but you see my point).
And by the way, I'm sorry but Diouff is not much improved this season - he is slightly improved and even then only on occasion, and how many goals has this "attacking" player scored?  How many?  God love you Harry Kewell, you're our last hope!
haps

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:40 am

haps, how can you say that Diouf is cr@p? If you asked Houllier, neither Diouf nor Heskey is cr#p because it is not that they lack goals because they did not try...in fact, if only their missed chances were to go in, they'd get tonnes of goals and Liverpool would be champions of the Premier League and of Europe (this is the reasoning typically used in Houllier-speak language...).
Smicer or Boscan or Cheyrou? They are not cr@p, they just need time to "adjust" just like Houllier. In fact, Houllier is still "adjusting" after all these years. When the "adjustment" period is complete, Liverpool will be "5 games from greatness" whereby all the key players (ask Houllier for his definition of "key players") will somehow or rather have French connection and play appalling football....
I am a fan of Owen and Liverpool, if Owen needs a better challenge than waste his time in a forever underachieving team, then the Liverpool Board is to blame for sticking too lopng with Houllier.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:29 am

I'm Michael's fans.We can't stop he from leaving LFC.But if he goes to Real Madrid,I won't support him.Because he make a foolish decision.I don't like such foolish man.
Real Madrid is Englishmam's tomb!
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:45 pm

Reckoning is Owen is not leaving Liverpool and is looking forward to contract negotiations with 18 months left on his current contract. He states he has been a loyal servant to the club for 12 years and has no wishes to leave, even if Liverpool don't make the Champions League. I think he should show loyalty to the club until a point arrives when it is clear he won't achieve anything greater at Anfield - it isn't like he hasn't won trophies and he is still young. Unless Kermit does deliver the Premiership he will be on his way at some point, maybe soon if current "form" continues
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:38 pm

Yeah, Owen has retracted some of his comments made to Shoot, saying that he still thinks he can achieve his goals at Liverpool, but he still maintains that he won't rush into signing a contract yet.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:58 pm

He only retracted his statement after pressure from the Board. It doesn't mean a thing. Liverpool won't win the major prizes under Houllier. The fans know it, the players know it. Michael Owen knows it. Only Moores and Parry are in dreamland.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:18 pm

He's still won more trophies than most can dream of by his age
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Macker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:50 pm

If Owen wants to leave liverpool for a higher standard of footy then so be it!  Who could blame him as the management seem to accept that 4th place is fine for us!  This is liverpool fc for God sake!  The most successfull football club in british footballing history!  I think 4th place as a target is unacceptable!

The board should act now to stop the rot, which ofcourse they won't as they don't like the difficult discisions.  They couldn't even be straight with Roy Evans.  They had to slip Houllier in through the back door!

Houlier will still be in place at the end of the season and be given more money to buy under achieving french men like goog old bruno! :(
Macker

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion