Owen stealing gerrard - Owen has too much to say

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:28 pm

From BBC Sport Web Site :
Sunday, 31 October, 2004, 20:40 GM
''Owen form run lifts Real malaise''
''The 24-year-old striker also increased speculation that former Anfield team-mate Steven Gerrard could join him and Beckham at the Bernabeu.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has already said he is interested in the England central midfielder.

"I that it's something fantastic for Steven that a club like Real are interested in him," said Owen.

"I don't want to say anything to anger the Liverpool support. ''

Owen says he is speaking to SG and telling him how great it is in Madrid, now that he is scoring goals.
If you ask me Owen has too much to say, if he was as sensible as his image, he would keep his little trap shut and leave SG alone. He must be hell bent on doing terminal damage to LFC. I hope LFC are on the phone to him, telling him to mind his own business. !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:49 pm

Don't know if he's been taken out of context here.  You know what the press are like.

Doesn't sound good though.  Hate speculation about our good players.

F**k Real Madrid.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:50 pm

it was said in a press thingy, so cant be taken out of context unfortunately... and like i keep saying in other threads, will this have a bearing on signing morientez?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:00 pm

Once again Owen gets the blame.

The only reason the boy's in Madrid is that the knobheads in the Anfield crowd who didn't have the sense to realise a truly World Class player and spent their time slagging him off.

Gerrard was 10 minutes away from signing foir Chelsea last season and I do not think that the problems have gone away. The pre-Raffa crew are still waking up to reality and are beginning to realise that things are different now.

I would have loved to have seen Owen under The Boss, especially Gerrard/Owen, but such is life and things are moving on. It's all on course and the ship has the right Captain.

When Gerrard goes (not "if") then we will get on with it and it will turn out right.

As an afterthought, even though I don't rate him, please God Cisse is alright. I'll say a prayer for him.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:02 pm

JohnBull wrote:Once again Owen gets the blame.

The only reason the boy's in Madrid is that the knobheads in the Anfield crowd who didn't have the sense to realise a truly World Class player and spent their time slagging him off.

Gerrard was 10 minutes away from signing foir Chelsea last season and I do not think that the problems have gone away. The pre-Raffa crew are still waking up to reality and are beginning to realise that things are different now.

I would have loved to have seen Owen under The Boss, especially Gerrard/Owen, but such is life and things are moving on. It's all on course and the ship has the right Captain.

When Gerrard goes (not "if") then we will get on with it and it will turn out right.

As an afterthought, even though I don't rate him, please God Cisse is alright. I'll say a prayer for him.

John did hustler ever turn up at your pub :D o i hope you smacked him everywere :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:18 pm

The money is still here and if he's a gentleman he can pick it up anytime.

If he large's it - different matter.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:25 pm

JohnBull wrote:The money is still here and if he's a gentleman he can pick it up anytime.

If he large's it - different matter.

Hes been banned twice and hes back again actin as a manu fan, when he pays a visit to your pub let us all know so he can be sorted out :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:07 am

JohnBull wrote:The only reason the boy's in Madrid is that the knobheads in the Anfield crowd who didn't have the sense to realise a truly World Class player and spent their time slagging him off.

I think houllier and his tactics had a huge part to play in Owen failing to sign a contract you retard.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:41 am

I'm assuming that "adayinthelife" is on day release from a home so I'll put it simply.

When I sit in the crowd at Anfield with my kids and I have to explain why idiots are calling Michael Owen as being "finished" or "not interested" I'm sure that he hears the same remarks while on the pitch.

When he hears a bigger cheer on the line up announcement for lesser players and no doubt when he reads the ****** posted in these, and other, pages about his performances is it a surprise he moved on ?

Houllier couldn't pick his nose but the players who could do the business got the blame and the excuses made for EHJ etc by a sizable proportion of the "supporters" pushed MO out.

Do not blame him. Blame the lack of appreciation from the "I've got a scarf-I'm a supporter" brigade.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:17 am

Madrid will have to offer a bit more cash because Chelsea offered a huge amount and Gerrard turned them down.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:51 am

January is a few months away but already the press are stoking up the "Will Stevie G be going to Madrid/Chelsea/Arsenal.... saga in order to sell a few more of their rags ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:02 am

As long as Stevie is at this club you just have to accept these rubbish as part of the package. It will never stop
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:06 am

Does it matter?
The Captain is more important than the crew. Trust in Raffa he'll bring us through.
I can't help still feeling uneasy over Gerrard after the Chelsea fiasco. Why was he going then ? Money? Glory?
or was it just the bright lights ? The same attractions are still there.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:08 am

MO is my fav player but i should tell him to put a sock in it
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:55 am

If Stevie is truly committed to the club he stay regardless of what MO says
And if he isnt then its best he goes and we get a bagful of cash for him
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion