Owen - A dilemma?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:52 pm

???

Owen scored 19 goals in a very average Liverpool side with there most creative players struggling for form, himself picking up injuries and only two players playing consitently well all season. One was a centre half.

By his standards he had a shocking season. Yet he still managed 19 from 37... do the maths lad.

Thats more than 1 every 2 in an awful season.

Most strikers don't score 19 goals in a good season. Let alone your second worst ever.

Also, you see the game differently live and are better placed to judge a player than you could ever do on a television screen. :)
115-1073096938

Postby begintoend » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:01 am

Cisse looking forward to Anfield days......

Cisse

Lets see a good partnership between the 2.
Like Cisse said : "'People should look for Liverpool this season. Liverpool will be competitive. "

Yahoooo !!!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:01 pm

I am really not getting the message through. I understand the type of player Owen is and I think he can be big given if he has a good provider of balls playing along side him. But do you all think it the Clubs fault that he has scored less goals last season and even the penalties? Be realistic guys that Michael needs to involve himself into the game more, maybe change his style of play.

In every good footballers' career there is a slump of form may it has got to Owen this time around. We hope things change next season. But I don't think it is the clubs fault as a whole if he does not perform. I would understand if Owen had some 20 goals this season on lone efforts. I can give credit to Gerrard for working alone but for someone who waits at the post to score and at times miss clear chances plus penalties, makes me wonder about the credit he's been given.

Let's see what comes next season but I think Cisse will be a good provider of balls to Owen.
African-red

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion