Our we missing harry? - Our missing man

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Do you think Liverpool are missing Harry Kewell?

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:  Harry Who ?

If you mean the fella that turns up from time to time and plays the odd game then the answer is NO .
Perhaps you're thinking of the highly talented aussie we signed from Leeds who then spent most of his LFC career at clinics throughout the world ?  the answer is still NO .  How can you miss what you never really had ?

:D

I think you are being a bit hard on Kewell. Yes he has had injury problems and attitude problems as well, but hes actually played a decent number of games for us since he came.

He arrived for the start of the 2003/4 season and has since made over 100 appearances for us (inc as a sub) for an injury ravaged player thats not a bad total.

For comparison S.Finnan who came at the same time as Harry has played 94 league games inc this season, Harry has played 84 League games.

His second season he helped us to CL Final, his third he helped us to the the FA cup final and our best points total.

Hes being missed
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:27 pm

I dont believe in the "he isnt one for the big occasion" bullsh!t.  He teared it up against Chelsea in that FA cp semi-final and was MOM.  Last season he was one of our best players and deserves a bit more credit from people on here.  He turned around alot of people with his play and hard-working attitude.  I think that we owe him some support and our best wishes in getting fit soon.  Every reason that people "hate" him was circumstancial or since disproven.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 pm

PabloAimar wrote:
MASTER wrote:LFC BEST TEAM
When everyone is fit.
Reina
Riise [sp]
Agger
Carragher
Finnan
Kewell
Alonso
Sissoko
Gerrard
Kuyt
Bellamy

on paper, that team would go toe-to-toe with the best in the world.

except swap and in-form robbie fowler for an in-form bellamy

On this form I'd probably sway Bellamy for Crouch personally.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:02 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
eds wrote:NO we don't need Harry Kewell! Gonzalez will do the job for us.

For people on this forum to be making judgments on both Gonz and Aurelio after a few games and going so far to say that they are failures is downright stupid.

From what I have heard, Rafa has admitted that Gonz has not been 100% this season with an illness (not sure what it is). That's why he has appeared in a handful of games and still not been at his best. Hence why you have Gerrard covering left midfield, not because he isn't good enough.

If anyone actually saw him play in Spain, rather than claim to say that they did, you would actually see that we do have quite a talented winger. He single-handly saved Soceidad from relegation and in one game tore the "Royal Madridistas" to shreds.

The question is not about his skill level, but whether he can adapt to the English game. We saw that Nando was a failure here, but now he is smacking them in for fun at Valencia. In all honesty I think Gonzalez is better all round player, than Morientes ever was, and for this fact alone he will be awesome in a few months time. The fickle "supporters" already forget that if it wasn't for his game winning goal against the Jews we might be in the UEFA Cup.

And now people are pinning their hopes on player who will mostly likely spend more time in a doctor's chair, than out on a footy field. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

:no

BTW I live in Australia so you can shut your trap about me being a Kewell hater.

So what are you basing your argument on then eds?

You say we don't need Kewell because Gonzo will do the job for us, well has he? As my post pointed out, he isn't. The midfield is looking a lot more unstable than it was last year and Harry was a major part of that midfield for over 27 games. Harry is better at tracking back than Gonzo - Fact. Harry is a better passer than Gonzo - Fact. Harry has mor ePrem experience - Fact. Harry does a better job than gonzo at LM - Fact.

Where did I ever say Gonzo and Aurelio are failures?!? I said they have not really impressed - and they haven't and I said they have been average - also a fair assumption. Gonzo has not been 100% you say? Well neither was Kewell for a season but I bet that didn't stop most Liverpool fans slating him did it?

Gonzo weren't fit for 1 game and did not make the bench. Wheres your source for this quote?

I did claim I have seen Gonzo because I did. I watched Real Sociedad whenever they were on Sky Sports not much, but I seen enough to make my assumption he aint a world class LM and is not as good as Harry Kewell. I hope he does, but so far he has not proved me wrong.

He single handedly saved Real Sociedad from relegation? What so he played on his own!
  He only played 16 games for Sociedad out of 38, how did he saved them from relegation. His 5 goals were important to them but what about the 9 goals Xabi Prieto scored? I was much more impressed with his overall game play than Mark's.

Oh and the game that he tore Real Madrid to " shreds" with a tap in and it ended 1 - 1?!?

If your going to go on about individual games then Harry rules the roost with individual games, against us and Utd where he dominated the games.

You dismiss Morientes and say Gonzo is a better overall player than Morientes. Well firstly they play different positions. But your argument is full of :censored:, Morientes has been absolutely brilliant through out his career. He is a living legend in Spain, ask Sabre and was probably one of the best goalscorers ever to come out of Spain.

You my friend need to think before you post, as you are the one who looks " downright stupid".

Reguards

Rafa Dodd  :rasp

You obviously let passion get in the way of any decent argument you have to make.

So Gonz isn't doing the job for us because he hasn't impressed you in the handful of games he has played. Listen to yourself son, you sound practically idiotic. How the hell can you compare 'arry, who has played his entire career in the EPL to another player who just arrived in England over 2 months ago? It doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE!

I will use another example seeing as you lack the intelligence to understand what the hell I am talking about. How good was Xabi Alonso when he first came to England? Was he setting the premiership on fire in his first few months.............

ummmmm no!

Was it right, back then to compare Alonso to another central midfielder let's say ummmmm Gerrard? FFS NO! And thats exactly what you are doing with Kewell and Gonzalez. Comparing apples and bananas and then saying Kewell is a better player. You are so sure it is a FACT!

So you ask when did you ever say Gonz and Aurelio were failures? When the hell did I ever say YOU said that they were, I quite clearly said "on this forum" NOT you!

So Gonzalez only scored a handful of goals, but let's not forget where the hell he was playing, 5 goals and a few assists in 12 games for a left midfielder, um I would say that's pretty freakn impressive from someone that has come back from long term injury! And thats what I meant by saving Soceidad from relagation, goals mean points, points mean survival. No one can argue against that. Sure I slipped in the "single-handly" in there, but you will get use to my exaggerated writting style in time. If you actually saw his "tap in" against Madrid, then you obviously would have seen him play the whole game. If you saw him play the whole game, you would have seen him tear it up down the left flank throughout the entire game. But I have a funny feeling you didn't and only saw the goal from your pointless remark. Unlike you I have seen him play at Albacete, Soceidad and for 'la roja'. And am not basing my opinions on a few clips from YouTube and the handful of minutes he has had at Liverpool this season.

And now we move onto Morientes, you make it sound like I slate him for who he is. Let me say that I was excited as anyone when he arrived at Liverpool. Who wouldn't be, we had just captured the leading scorer in the CL when he was at Monaco. Yet he failed! The goals dried up and he could not adopt his style to the British game. LET ME REPEAT THAT AGAIN. He couldn't adopt his style to the British game. Yet Alonso has, to a certain degree Luis Garcia has and I am sure as hell that Gonzalez will as well. This in my eyes makes Alonso, Luis Garcia and [hopefully time will tell] Gonzalez  BETTER OVERALL PLAYERS. Argue all you want about goals scored, hero status etc, etc. Nando failed in England and that really shows what a player is made of if he can't cut it in another league.

And finally Harry Kewell. Kewell is loved in Australia by the media and the Aussie "establishment". Although football is not the most popular sport over here everyone still loves Harry, including me. Yes the man is a legend, but without the injuries he has had, he has been only a shadow of himself in the last few years. From the recent interviews he has conducted on local TV it looks like it will only get worse, because he can't even put a timeline on when he will be back! If you basing your hopes on this and not actually giving Gonzalez a go [and also unfairly slating him] then truly the point is not worth arguing with you.

:upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby drummerphil » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:42 am

We are not missing Harry imo,its just too many players in his position are going missing and hiding at the moment.It will be interesting to see the competition out there on the left,suddenly step up when Harry is fit
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:49 am

On his day, when fit and in the right frame of mind, Harry is the best we have and is capable of tearing any defence to pieces.

He showed signs of it last season and I was looking forward to seeing him this year, its a pity he is injured and he is missed from the side.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:44 am

Of course we miss harry! we are not winning, and Stevie G has to play on the left, doesn't that tell you a lot?
oakton

Postby Mannyk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:12 am

Wish he was fit and playing but he is not so Let's find another solution.

The guy is world class. To say otherwise is stupid. To say we don't miss him is also stupid.???
Mannyk

Postby mattylfc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:24 am

Yes we miss Harry, a good player and i feel that other players are lifted by his presence.

Oakton is spot-on, we obviously miss him as we are having to play Stevie G out there.

Would like to see JAR play there in next few games now that he has his fitness back.

Gonzalez will be good for us im sure but it will take a bit of time for him to settle.
mattylfc

Postby akumaface » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 am

CousinIT wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:The fact is Gonzo and Aurelio have both failed to live up to the hype and Rafa is now forced to farm Gerrard out to the left

That post is spot on mate. Speedy and Fabio are not good enough and Riise doesn't have the ability to play left wing as far as I'm concerened. Yet I don't feel Harry is the answer. He for me is like Luis Garcia, one good game four poor.

We need a permanant world class left winger, that's why we should of got Duff.

PS Doddy love the avatar mate.

Man, do you guys see the trend....The one that is not playing is always positioned by many here as the saviour....So, based on this philosophy, once he is able to play again, he is no longer the saviour. So, what next, another player who isn't able to play will become the next saviour....This means the best players is always the one who is either injured or not available.....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby masterp » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 am

i think we all have short memories - yes Harry played well for a few months a while back but for the rest of the time he has been disappointing and frustrating

the chances of him coming back and recapturing his good form are so slim they make Peter Crouch look obese
masterp

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:26 am

i think we all have short memories

Put me in that catergory, well 'photographic memories' anyway, because I cant remember what the fecker looks like. :D
66-1112520797

Postby Lionheart » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:41 am

This question can be made quite simple...

Are we firing?? Getting plenty of crosses in from the left?? Giving pleanty of opions from the left?? Penetrating from the left??

NO??

Then, YES, we are missing Harry. Hurry back son...(back late January I believe, all going well) :)

BTW...Eds, when you amke a statement that you are an Aussie that doesn't automatically give you the right to talk sh.it son. Most of us Aussies are upholding a tradition on this forum. Try to make a considered and consistent opinion rather than shooting from the hip!! Like Babu says, "Pillock"!!  :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc_amy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:57 am

we defo where missing him!!!!!

lfc_amy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Kewell is an easy target for fans to vent their frustrations...so much so, some made out he faked his injury in Istanbul.

Utter tosh...he's an important part of our team and a much better footballer than Gonzales.

he was solid last season and the sooner he comes back, the sooner our left handside will improve.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion