Official chelsea thread - Let the battle commence

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:03 pm

Jose is gonna have to think up a new game plan for liverpool: For their last few games they wre relying on drogba to win high balls but hyppia will beat him in the air every time. Rafa is a master tactition and will know exactly how to play to chelskis weak points. Alonso even said that rafa knew exactly want juventus would play like.

The threat from chelski comes from terry, lampard, cole and drogba. Gerrard can deal wit lampard. Terry willl be a theat from corners but we haven't conceded many goals from corners lately and looked very comfortable when juve had corners.Drogba is goodin the air but hyypia will cancel that out and i think our defence will deal with him. Joe cole, although i hate him, i realise that i was wrong to think he was overrated and he is there biggest threat in attack. Mourihno has somehow made a good player of him and hopefully he'll be playing down the left because i think finnan could handle him but warnock/traore couldn't.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 pm

I'm probably being too pessimistic.  I believe we should go all out to win every game from now until the end of the season.  We've got some fresh players back, we've got a great reward ahead if we succeed and the players haven't got any international tournaments this summer.

There's no point saving our energy at this stage of the season.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:34 pm

I think in Cardiff we simply scored to soon that game was there for the taking  only Rafa's tactics had to be altered after Riise scored ,Chelsea will be more fearful of the Reds than we are of them expect some serious attempts by Mourinho to destabilise us through his favourite collaborator the press .
Mourinho and Kenyon will endeavour to use every underhand trick in the book to derail Liverpool's surge towards reaching another European cup final , but i genuinely believe they will fail and Rafa will see us through .
Abramovic's regime, and Mourinho's influence on the game and the British press is growing all the time like some huge Tumour that needs cutting out .I suggest the F.A or Uefa  perform major surgery post haste, or risk losing what respect they have left have left in the game
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:07 pm

Chelsea's key players:

-Lampard
-Makalele
-Cole
-Guidjohnsen
-Terry

Duff seems to be tired and hasn't been as sharp as he has earlier this season.

Don't let the 4-4-2 formation Chelsea use fool you, they let Guidjohsen drop into the midfield and that way they make it difficult for teams to do anything in the center of the field.

Without Makalele Lampard wouldn't be able to go as forward as much as he does. Blah blah blah
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:13 pm

A.B. wrote:Chelsea's key players:

-Guidjohnsen

What ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:Chelsea's key players:

-Guidjohnsen

What ?

Godjonsen was sh*te up until this season, now he's having the time of his life. He's their equal-top scorer in the prem and behind Drogba and Lampard by 1 and 2 goals respectively in all competitions

He might not look it at first glance but you have to say he IS  one of their danger-men, if not a key player as such
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:38 pm

Godjonsen was sh*te up until this season, now he's having the time of his life. He's their equal-top scorer in the prem and behind Drogba and Lampard by 1 and 2 goals respectively in all competitions

He might not look it at first glance but you have to say he IS  one of their danger-men, if not a key player as such

Thank you Woolly for giving Leon a simple lesson.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:46 pm

I think we've been really unlucky in our three defeats to the Bridge Boys. I actually believe that we'll do them - home and away

:p
Peter

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:23 am

It's about time we battered them. In all 3 of the games this season we've been robbed by dodgy officials(Who really like their Chelsea-sponsored bank-accounts), pre-match injuries, Stevie G stories and a b*stard breaking Alonso's ankle. The little p*ick can say it was an accident but why should we believe him? Lampard's a petulant ****** and I think he was annoyed that he wasn't winning the mf battle, and so decided to gain the advantage by removing the problem. He's a waste of space that only scores deflected goals. (You count how many of his goals have been clean shots.) I really hope with all my heart that we stuff the friggers, win the cl and Stevie goes infront of the press and says;"I would rather boil my own nads, whip them on a platter, dip them in vinegar then scoff them with a packet of dry-roasted peanuts than join that bunch of scheming, cheating, backhanded, w*nk-ridden Mourinho-shafting ******-bandits." Even a  "F**k you, Jose" would do! WE are the club with the history, graft, fans and humour. They are just a bunch of knob-jockies, clinging on to some s**t-bags oil money, wishing they had a platform to build on, instead of the bag of w**k that is Chelsea FC. F**k you Mourinho. Stick that finger where the sun doesn't shine. Utter, utter w**ker. Surely UEFA should do him for admitting using technology to give tactics against bayern? Fat fricking chance. The only way to stop a ****** tossing is to chop his hands off. Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:26 am

Sorry about that chaps and chapettes. I got a little angry. I still stand by it, though. B*stards.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:08 am

i put a fiver each way on us at the start of the season to win the champs lge at 28/1. if we beat chelski i'll win €70 and if we win the competition €280. That almost matches the prize money lfc will get :D
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:14 am

let us not be so positive, we should just hope to win,not we will win..
in knockout phase, even our own fans dun think we will make it thru bayer,even more say livepool will not beat juve.. why not just keep it this way... keep it close to our hearts whether we will win, rather than saying it out ..
maybe god will play a joke on us again...
Alonso_Rulz

Postby HWIENIAWSKI » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:03 am

wow! lots of optimism here! ??? I think that we could get by Chelsea, but don't expect the whole "underdog" tag thing to fly because Mourinho is to smart for that, and he will have his team well prepared. the only thing that gives me hope is the fact that we are owed a win against them. it's extremely difficult to beat a team three times, including a cup final, and then beat them once or twice more in a different competition. I expect to lose 2-0 at Stamford, and draw 1-1 at anfield. as someone said, on wednesday I will be doing the unthinkable and supporting manure against everton. bugger the blues-both of them
Form is temporary.......Class is permanent

Juventus FC and Liverpool FC
HWIENIAWSKI

Postby Nando » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:46 am

this semi final tie has a lot of comparisons with the chelsea arsenal quarter final tie last season, Arsenal were favourties had beaten chelsea in the league and if im not mistaken eliminated them from the FA cup, no-one gave chelsea a look it, arsenal were the league pace setters but chelsea caused an upset, there is no reason why history cannot repeat itself this season, I for one have every confidence we will beat them because with the multi million pound squad they have they only managed to scrape past us in the last 2 matches, lady luck will not be on their side forever
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:27 am

you have to laugh at the arrogance of everything to do with chelsea. :laugh:

Chelsea's in-form Didier Drogba believes he is close to being as good as Thierry Henry, who is regarded as being one of the world's finest strikers.

The 27-year-old has studied the France international's game over the years and has tried to recreate the striker's pace and finishing in front of goal.

Drogba, who has 10 Premiership goals this season to the Arsenal star's 25, thinks he is near to finalising his Henry impression.

"For a long time I studied the way Thierry Henry played and I tried to imitate him, but he always seemed to me to be on another planet compared to my game," explained Drogba.

"I've always believed players who are better than me should be a source of inspiration, not embarrassment.

"My dream is to copy Thierry's speciality of beating a player for pace then curling his shot along the ground and past the keeper.

"So far I've never quite managed to get my imitation just right. I'm getting close to being as brilliant as Thierry."

yeah right mate :D
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion