NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 pm

It seems as though Sahin is also linked with Arsenal and Tottenham as well, there is a distinct possibly that he could become an Arsenal player or a Spurs player over the course of the next two weeks.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Boxscarf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 pm wrote:It seems as though Sahin is also linked with Arsenal and Tottenham as well, there is a distinct possibly that he could become an Arsenal player or a Spurs player over the course of the next two weeks.

Linked by who exactly ? Certainly not reliable sources

I'm not sure what your problem is. This could be a very good signing and the signs point to him coming on loan
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

My problem is that the transfer windows cause disharmony and problems to clubs because the media whip up storms about players. Every season it seems to be us on the butt-end of things along with Arsenal and Spurs. Brendan has come out and said Agger is staying, Agger has come out and said he's staying, yet there's still talk of Agger leaving, it just gets on my nerves. I hate the transfer windows because of the speculation media circus that goes on for 8 weeks in the summer and 4 weeks in the winter.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Don't listen to it then and pick and choose what sources you trust.

Take the Ramirez talk that people where going barmy at - it was all random twitter sources - nothing reliable at all.

Allen had lots of reliable sources , same with Borini and the same with Sigurdsson. Those same reliable sources have us sorted a loan deal for Sahin . Their is no media storm just a few reliable sources saying we are doing a deal.

If clubs are bidding for Agger then there will be speculation.

It's up to you how to react

As for Arsenal and Spurs being at the "butt end " - I couldn't give a f*ck.
Benny The Noon

Postby redalltheway36 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:38 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:31 pm wrote:
Because its very possible that he will be signing for us.

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion based on nothing more than speculation.

Because the comments are coming from respected reliable sources that's why.

The same people that had us getting Allen and Borini.

Yes the same place benny the moon gets all his information from WWW.CAUGHTOFFSIDE.COM?
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

People like Ben Smith don't write for caught offside !!
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

I really dont think this deal will happen now. We should have tied it up. Song will go to Barcelona so Im thinking Sahin will be his replacement

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

LFC1990 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am wrote:I really dont think this deal will happen now. We should have tied it up. Song will go to Barcelona so Im thinking Sahin will be his replacement

He's on Arsenal's radar, Wenger confirmed this earlier in the morning. This is what I mean, nothing is set in stone and yet people like Benny are going ape on the forums about how the Sahin deal is nearly done or is close to be done and yet they know as much as I do, nothing! So whilst Benny is getting excited about a loan-deal that may or may not happen, I'd prefer to keep a level head and remain focused on tomorrow's match against West Brom. A nice 4-0 win wouldn't go amiss.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Simari » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 pm

A bit off topic, but if Arsenal do get him ahead of us - I think they'll have a much better team that last year with just RVP.

Ofcourse, I would be thrilled if we managed to sign him, even on loan.

As for the game with WBA, I can smell a 0-0 on the cards, with Steve Clarke trying to prove a point to NESV  :laugh:
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I think we'll be alright against teams like West Brom this season, that was our main problem last season is we dropped points against 'smaller' opposition and Kenny didn't do one thing to try and prevent the slide, Rodgers seems more tactically aware, more astute than Dalglish, so I can see us adopting a lot of different game plans and strategies throughout the season.
Boxscarf

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Arsenal are back in for Sahin ahead of us, they're favourites to land him now apparently. Ben Smith has taken his Liverpool twitter accounts down. This one is shifting.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

it would be a huge blow to miss out on sahin, especially when by all accounts the deal was practically done.
if that wasnt bad enough he would be going to one of the clubs we are competing with for a top 4 spot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 pm

I will be gutted. He is just perfect for our team. Champs league is what might swing it for le ***** but we still hopefully pull it off.
sniffy98

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:19 pm

oh well. life goes on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Alex Song set for Barca move. Clubs negotiating, won't play on Sat, Sahin lined up on season-long loan as replacement #bbcfootball #afc #fcb

Looks like we may well have lost out on this one, a little disappointed tbh as i thought this was in the bag
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion