NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 am

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:Sahin is a very good player - he will allow Gerrard to move forward

Tello is overhyped and overrated purely because he is at Barce. Very very wasteful on the ball and is a bit of a headless chicken. He would flop horribly in the prem. would rather play Sterling

Agreed. Well from what little of both I've seen. Tello as you say looks like a headless chicken, his decision making can be poor to the point it becomes irritating. Can't remember who exactly this player was, I think he played for us, he was lightening quick but tended to knock the ball 10 yards in front of him and sprint on to it, he'd end up in the Kop most of the time kicking the ball out passed the byline (ah feck, who was it?), just a kick and sprint player - that's Tello all over. He's still raw and needs to learn game intelligence, would MUCH rather have the cultured left foot, vision and tackling ability of Sahin. A midfield trio of Lucas, Allen and Sahin will see us really dictate and create matches from midfield.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:58 am

"Apparently" we'll get Sahin on loan with no buyout permanent deal at the end of it, another reason Maureen vetoed Sahin's move to l'*****.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:17 am

Great player, but he will need time to get back to his best after his injury. I dont know if we will get that much from him if its just a one year loan.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:Sahin is a very good player - he will allow Gerrard to move forward

Tello is overhyped and overrated purely because he is at Barce. Very very wasteful on the ball and is a bit of a headless chicken. He would flop horribly in the prem. would rather play Sterling

Agreed. Well from what little of both I've seen. Tello as you say looks like a headless chicken, his decision making can be poor to the point it becomes irritating. Can't remember who exactly this player was, I think he played for us, he was lightening quick but tended to knock the ball 10 yards in front of him and sprint on to it, he'd end up in the Kop most of the time kicking the ball out passed the byline (ah feck, who was it?), just a kick and sprint player - that's Tello all over. He's still raw and needs to learn game intelligence, would MUCH rather have the cultured left foot, vision and tackling ability of Sahin. A midfield trio of Lucas, Allen and Sahin will see us really dictate and create matches from midfield.

Gonzalez
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Different question, who was the last player we took on loan, made a massive impact and we were sad to let him go at the end of the season? I can't think of anyone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Reg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:08 pm wrote:Different question, who was the last player we took on loan, made a massive impact and we were sad to let him go at the end of the season? I can't think of anyone.

Anelka
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Reg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am wrote:Different question, who was the last player we took on loan, made a massive impact and we were sad to let him go at the end of the season? I can't think of anyone.

Anelka.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby The Raven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am wrote:Different question, who was the last player we took on loan, made a massive impact and we were sad to let him go at the end of the season? I can't think of anyone.

Anelka.

Ranks up there with forcing Fowler out of the club as dumbest transfer blunder in LFC history.
The Raven

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 pm

We moved Fowler out at the right time. He did nothing after leaving us. Good move by Ged.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Eagle » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am wrote:We moved Fowler out at the right time. He did nothing after leaving us. Good move by Ged.

yup, fowler was finished as a top player the moment his knee blew when he went up for that challenge with the everton keeper in the derby.
he was never the same again, houllier did well to get that type of money for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

seems like an excellent long range passer much like alonso... but why are we accumulating so many midfielders?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 pm

maguskwt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm wrote:seems like an excellent long range passer much like alonso... but why are we accumulating so many midfielders?

It's not so much the number of midfielders as it is the amount we have to genuinely challenge for 4th

Any updates in this Sahin situation?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 am wrote:

Milan Baros?

BTW I love the idea of a loan deal, if you don't have the funds to buy then it makes perfect sense, especially if you get an option to buy at the end. Buying is only better if you know the value of a player will increase.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 am wrote:

Anelka.

One of Houlliers biggest mistakes, he wanted to sign for us as well.  :down:
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion