NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 pm

neil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 pm wrote:How do we know, I mean everyone is talkin like its defo on but I cant find which ITK has nailed his balls to the table on this?
Cant ask on RAWK or TLW cause theyre all clued up feckers and will prob take this *****, I'm ok amongst the simple folk on newkit lol

Oliver Kay has tweeted the following: "When I said they'll know quickly on Sahin, they do now know. Loan deal to be announced late tonight or tmrw"

https://twitter.com/OliverKayTimes/stat ... 9212565504

Duncan Jenkins has also 'confirmed' it: "100% per cent on sahin now mates"

https://twitter.com/duncanjenkinsFC/sta ... 7311351808

BOTH TOP NOTCH NEIL AND SPOT ON
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am wrote:
redalltheway36 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:Aquilani playing for italy tonight. Watch and regret what we stupidly chucked away.

What the f*ck does that have to do with Sahin ?!

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing.. Some people just don't let go..

I'd rather have a young Nuri Sahin on loan than an older Aquilani getting paid a lot and sitting on the bench... Not really the correct place to complain.  I'm really hoping there's a buy-out option at the end of the loan period, that would be fantastic.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby neil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:
neil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 pm wrote:How do we know, I mean everyone is talkin like its defo on but I cant find which ITK has nailed his balls to the table on this?
Cant ask on RAWK or TLW cause theyre all clued up feckers and will prob take this *****, I'm ok amongst the simple folk on newkit lol

Oliver Kay has tweeted the following: "When I said they'll know quickly on Sahin, they do now know. Loan deal to be announced late tonight or tmrw"

https://twitter.com/OliverKayTimes/stat ... 9212565504

Duncan Jenkins has also 'confirmed' it: "100% per cent on sahin now mates"

https://twitter.com/duncanjenkinsFC/sta ... 7311351808

BOTH TOP NOTCH NEIL AND SPOT ON

Sweet, cheers bud.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Awesome catch.. just hope we have secured a perhaps permanent deal down the road.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 pm

I can't see the point in loan deals it's usually to favour the selling club. Why are we getting involved in it? We're not going for promotion. Unless we actually intend to buy the player after twelve months I'm not sure what the point is. I can't see the economic sense of it either as it means we'd have to contribute a percentage of his wages.

Supposing he comes, does well and inspires us to finish fourth but then we can't afford him next summer we're back to square one? Sorry but I don't see the merits of it. The owners need to be a bit more open if they're really intent on selling big names like Agger so that we can only aspire to bring in loan deals because we don't have the funds for bigger name players? Who was it that signed the cheques last summer for Adam, Downing and Henderson?

I do wonder about these owners and I'm not impressed by this news. I don't see it as a step forward particularly given the number of centre midfielders we've already got.
friendlyguy33

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Decent player. Not sure what we need him for but I'd rather have him than the likes of Adam and Henderson. I really hope this signing means that one of Adam or Henderson(loan?) are on their way out but I cant say i expect it. Regardless, it doesnt take away from the fact that we still need to bring in another wide player before the season starts and hopefully this deal doesnt hamper that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll 'fess up and say I know absolutely feckall about this bloke. Is he any good, apart from the odd YouTube clip ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 pm

friendlyguy33 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:I can't see the point in loan deals it's usually to favour the selling club. Why are we getting involved in it? We're not going for promotion. Unless we actually intend to buy the player after twelve months I'm not sure what the point is. I can't see the economic sense of it either as it means we'd have to contribute a percentage of his wages.

Supposing he comes, does well and inspires us to finish fourth but then we can't afford him next summer we're back to square one? Sorry but I don't see the merits of it. The owners need to be a bit more open if they're really intent on selling big names like Agger so that we can only aspire to bring in loan deals because we don't have the funds for bigger name players? Who was it that signed the cheques last summer for Adam, Downing and Henderson?

I do wonder about these owners and I'm not impressed by this news. I don't see it as a step forward particularly given the number of centre midfielders we've already got.

Problem is we dont have the funds and cant attract the type of quality we need to compete for top 4 so the loan gives us chance
to fastrack that situation to try and move the club forward.

We wasted so much money in the last 2 years the owners are now scared shitless to gamble again and Rodgers needs to restore
their faith as much as ours this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Not sure how we will play him, all the footage I have seen of him he plays a central midfield role. Looks decent enough and is used to physical football after playing in Germany. A good addition but not sure who he will oust in the midfield and whether he will start much?

I am more excited with the potential Tello signing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Sahin is a very good player - he will allow Gerrard to move forward

Tello is overhyped and overrated purely because he is at Barce. Very very wasteful on the ball and is a bit of a headless chicken. He would flop horribly in the prem. would rather play Sterling
Benny The Noon

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 pm wrote:
friendlyguy33 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm wrote:I can't see the point in loan deals it's usually to favour the selling club. Why are we getting involved in it? We're not going for promotion. Unless we actually intend to buy the player after twelve months I'm not sure what the point is. I can't see the economic sense of it either as it means we'd have to contribute a percentage of his wages.

Problem is we dont have the funds and cant attract the type of quality we need to compete for top 4 so the loan gives us chance
to fastrack that situation to try and move the club forward.

We wasted so much money in the last 2 years the owners are now scared shitless to gamble again and Rodgers needs to restore
their faith as much as ours this season.

City spent £12 million on Rodwell an international player still developing but still with talent. If we don't have the funds to spend £12 million on a decent midfielder to move us forward then I'm not really sure what to think at the moment.
friendlyguy33

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 pm wrote:Disappointing if it's just a loan deal

I heard it's a loan deal WITH a view of permanent transfer, well according to Turkish TV
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

:buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 am

I know this will hype the Sh*t out of him but he is Xabiesque in his playing style but better going forward. Really like the fella.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:05 am

friendlyguy33 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 am wrote:I can't see the point in loan deals it's usually to favour the selling club. Why are we getting involved in it? We're not going for promotion. Unless we actually intend to buy the player after twelve months I'm not sure what the point is. I can't see the economic sense of it either as it means we'd have to contribute a percentage of his wages.

Yeah good post, Liverpool really benefited from loaning out Aqualani, Cole etc.. we were really chuffed to get them back afterwards.

Loan deals usually signify the club wants to get them off the books but can't entice anyone to cough up.

I've never heard of the lad, lets hope he's better than Downing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion