Next seasons centre back partnership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:MARTIN KELLY . MARTIN FECKIN KELLY .

agree 100% - very impressed with the lad from what i have seen and would be happy for him to be 4th choice .

I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement.
But it appears that Ayala and San Jose are above him in the pecking order based on pre-season.

Which is strange as i dont think either are good enough.

If the 2 spainsh lads are better than martin kelly (seeing how they are played ahead of him in the pre-season matches).....then surely kelly isn't the answer.

San Jose and Ayala are woeful......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Owzat wrote:Today linked with ex-manc Ryan Shawcross.

I'd have him. Seems to get a couple from set-pieces as well which is something we'll be sadly lacking now with Hyypia gone. Just a shame he'll be overpriced just because he's English.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby we all dream... » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Isn't he a bit like Clattermole i.e. someone who is always giving away fouls and getting cards?
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Owzat wrote:Today linked with ex-manc Ryan Shawcross.

btw Distin is older than Carra, does that mean he is getting slower, losing a yard or pace etc?

from what ive seen of him over the years including last year hes still faster than anything we have... even if he is losing a bit of pace, hed still be faster than anything we have next season imo... good shout, good player and if the price is right i dont see why we should be after him...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
GYBS wrote:

agree 100% - very impressed with the lad from what i have seen and would be happy for him to be 4th choice .

But it appears that Ayala and San Jose are above him in the pecking order based on pre-season.

If the 2 spainsh lads are better than martin kelly (seeing how they are played ahead of him in the pre-season matches).....then surely kelly isn't the answer.

Jesus Christ. Dani Ayala is 18 years old and was thrown into the fire against Kun f.cuking Aguero and Deigo FUc.king Forlan.  THey make some of the best CBs in world football look woeful, what did you expect?
JoeTerp

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:37 pm

they expect them to be world class at 18 - :D

think san jose is the better of the two but both got a long way to go yet - kelly is the one who looks very promising
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm

GYBS wrote:they expect them to be world class at 18 - :D

think san jose is the better of the two but both got a long way to go yet - kelly is the one who looks very promising

The problem is we seem to amass talented yougsters and then nothing really happens. This year all the talented players of last year are a year older, but it seems no one is any closer to the first team.

We don’t seem to have had a decent system to send players out on loan, or develop them on a proper pathway through the reserves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 pm

stmichael wrote:We don’t seem to have had a decent system to send players out on loan, or develop them on a proper pathway through the reserves.

If a young player goes out on loan I'd have serious doubts they'll be good enough to command a first team place. The kids have to not just be good but the very best. They're not looking to displace the likes of David Martin, Jermaine Pennant, Jack Hobbs, Andrei Voronin, Lucas Leiva, Phillipe Degen etc, they're looking to displace the likes of Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Daniel Agger, Fernando Torres, Javier Mascherano, Glen Johnson etc - with the added hurdle of Rafa having money to replace any weak link player so the hurdle is high to start with and can get even higher.

When was the last time a kid came through the ranks, went out on loan and came back to be a star?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

Owzat wrote:When was the last time a kid came through the ranks, went out on loan and came back to be a star?

Roger Hunt  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:54 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Jesus Christ. Dani Ayala is 18 years old and was thrown into the fire against Kun f.cuking Aguero and Deigo FUc.king Forlan.  THey make some of the best CBs in world football look woeful, what did you expect?

Ayala is gash mate.

Did you watch the youth cup last year when we got to the final and then got destroyed by Arsenal ?

Well he looked out of his depth at that level and was a liability.
The thought of him stepping up to our first team makes me wince.

On the little i have seen of him Kelly looks a better bet, but Rafa seems to have picked the two young spaniards ahead of him so thats a little concerning.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
GYBS wrote:

Ayala is gash mate.

Did you watch the youth cup last year when we got to the final and then got destroyed by Arsenal ?

Well he looked out of his depth at that level and was a liability.
The thought of him stepping up to our first team makes me wince.

On the little i have seen of him Kelly looks a better bet, but Rafa seems to have picked the two young spaniards ahead of him so thats a little concerning.

im not sure rafa has picked the two young spainards ahead of kelly mate - before pre season started kelly was all set to go out on loan next season but that has changed and now he is not going on loan anymore cause i think rafa has him earmarked for the first team squad this season - i know rafa played the two spanish lads against A madrid but think that was more to do with protecting kelly from injury after loosing agger and skittles .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm

GYBS i hope you are right, but didnt he play them both as well in the friendly before for the majority of the game and only bring on Kelly for the last few minutes ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:GYBS i hope you are right, but didnt he play them both as well in the friendly before for the majority of the game and only bring on Kelly for the last few minutes ?

yes mate but near the beginning of pre season he played kelly more and it was after that he decided that he wasnt going on loan and since then he has been protected and just given minutes on the pitch to get his fitness up - i reckon he will at least be on the bench if any of our normal cbs are injured
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 pm

I posted an article from the BBC site about Kelly in the academy thread. Lee Clark wanted him back at Huddersfield but was told no because he is in Rafa's first team plans.

Some of you may know I have a season ticket at Hudds so I see a lot of League 1 games and therefore a lot of "promising" youngsters on loan. Quite often they arrive and are still out of their depth. Very few actually look like they have more quality and instead disappear into obscurity. Occasionally a player arrives who immediately looks like they fit in and Kelly was one of those players. He was MOTM or close in a lot of the games he played and did well at both fullbacks and CB positions.

Admittedly he was not perfect, we can't expect him to be yet, but he was in control of his area of the game. I've not seen much of Ayala but against Atletico he often got caught out of position and not always because of opponents' runs.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 pm

cheers bammo knew there was an article somewhere about kelly - only seen him during pre season but very impressed with him - his tackling seems very clean and strong but couldnt really judge how he was aerially thou ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion