Next seasons centre back partnership

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:49 am

Igor Zidane wrote:MARTIN KELLY . MARTIN FECKIN KELLY .

agree 100% - very impressed with the lad from what i have seen and would be happy for him to be 4th choice .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:01 pm

GYBS wrote:

agree 100% - very impressed with the lad from what i have seen and would be happy for him to be 4th choice .

I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement.
But it appears that Ayala and San Jose are above him in the pecking order based on pre-season.

Which is strange as i dont think either are good enough.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Nando26 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:47 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
GYBS wrote:

I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement.
But it appears that Ayala and San Jose are above him in the pecking order based on pre-season.

Which is strange as i dont think either are good enough.

What makes you think this?

I cant call our best pairing  because they all to injury prone to get a good look at how they pair off

Aggers a class act but jesus he needs to stop getting injured our well have to get rid Skrtels looking like Agger MK II & Carras gettin on

It is a comcern
Nando26

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:49 am

I'd agree, Kelly should be the one to play with Carra against spurs
Fauxy

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 am

I think there is still a chance that we could start with Carra and Agger, no?
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:59 am

I don't know Joe, the problem is Carra has passed THIRTY so he must be past it :laugh: I think UEFA needs to stop worrying about racism, finances and homegrown players and do something about the age crisis - perhaps they should force retirement from football at 30.......................

For a CB who is "getting on", "past it", "too old", "slowly getting slower" etc, Carra played all 38 league games last season and for the fourth season in a row we conceded less than 30 ie this theory his age is an issue has yet to translate into a problem. I worry more about "too young and inexperienced", "too often injured" and "too error prone" when it comes to our CBs ie all of them bar Sami who's gone and Carra. What makes me laugh most is that Sami was still considered a solid performer and he's over four years older than Carra and yet Carra gets more mentions of his age (as an issue) ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

Linked with Shawcross in this mornings press. Not good enough for Man Utd 18 months ago and now Rafa is potentially looking at him as a £5m buy ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:26 am

For me Carra and Agger to star each game..

I do believe we need a stop gap defender to come in as the youngsters are not ready. We need experience, strength and a level head, preferably English..

There is one such player out there, with a season or so left in him who is available for free.

Sol Campbell. He is 34, but would be able to do a job.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:32 am

crazyhorse wrote:For me Carra and Agger to star each game..

I do believe we need a stop gap defender to come in as the youngsters are not ready. We need experience, strength and a level head, preferably English..

There is one such player out there, with a season or so left in him who is available for free.

Sol Campbell ??? Are you :censored:.

If Distin is available at around £2m-£3m then go for him but if the price goes above that then forget it.

I have concerns of Agger's fitness, Carra has plenty left to give this year and will start when available and Skrtel will get better and better (I really rate him).

Rafa should go for Brede Hangeland. The guy is the closest thing I've seen to Hypia for a while. Might cost a few quid but he'd be worth it - class act.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 am

Looks like we're gonna go for the cheaper option though, either Turner or Shawcross.
Rafa saying this morning that he doesn't have the spons for a big money transfer, either at the front, or presumably at the back...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:

Sol Campbell ??? Are you :censored:.

If Distin is available at around £2m-£3m then go for him but if the price goes above that then forget it.

I have concerns of Agger's fitness, Carra has plenty left to give this year and will start when available and Skrtel will get better and better (I really rate him).

Rafa should go for Brede Hangeland. The guy is the closest thing I've seen to Hypia for a while. Might cost a few quid but he'd be worth it - class act.

It's a good shout, very good defender but i think he'd cost a fair edge, maybe up towards £15 million and we just don't have the cash. I agree with goign for Sol or Distin as a stop gap cover until we can produce a decent young CB. Kelly has potential but Ayala and San Jose look very poor, mind you it's not easy playing against Atletico's attack.
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 am

Campbell on a free would be ok and could provide decent back up
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Yep I think Campbell would be a good shout too if Distin can't be procured. That said, if you are buying a player who isn't going to feature that often, it's probably better going for a younger bloke who can hopefully improve from training with better players. I can't recall noticing the lad from Hull, but if he's the one then lets just get him in. We need a centre half, absolutely no doubt about it in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Today linked with ex-manc Ryan Shawcross.

btw Distin is older than Carra, does that mean he is getting slower, losing a yard or pace etc?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:17 pm

ahh yes! i have been cracking my head wondering if there's any freebie who might retire soon but still able to contribute and Sol fits the bill. he could be a Gary Mac kinda signing.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion