NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:20 pm

The US government has broken monopolies in the past and China has just shaken Jack Ma's tree as well. There's no reason why the UK government should break the power of the footy club owners in the national interest and give fans 25% to 49% ownership or voting rights.

It would be a massive vote winner as well. Apart from no fu'cker would want to buy into Everton!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:38 pm

I think this lot are prepared to ride it out till they get what they want. Despite all the backlash and threats there is no sign of anyone backing down.  Fifa, UEFA and the Prem are all talking about this and that but doing nothing but the usual talking. UEFA are supposedly looking for more funding as well hoping to get them back. The fact that there is no legal challenge or punishments being handed out speaks for itself. They dont want to lose control of the gravy train and are powerless to stop it without new laws being brought in. The prem as well has been bullied by 6 clubs for years but never joined together and fought them. They will do feck all except say please reconsider.

Banning players from fifa tournaments wont work. Countries will rise against fifa if they try to stop their best players from competing. They will end up with a similar problem on their hands if they try it. The players as well will win their cases in the C.A.S. Fifa have no right to stop them because of what their employers do.

Already you have comments from that c**t Perez talking about games being to long so need to be shorter. That man is nothing but a scab in the ar$e of football and not the person anyone should want controlling the game. The thing is that whatever concessions they give to get this over the line will be changed when it takes hold and becomes the norm. The premier league will be treated as a joke by these clubs because promoting their own cash cow will take priority.

As a liverpool supporter do we somehow feel that the game owes us something because we had a few successful periods resulting in a few trophies?. Does it give us a right to demand we play in the top competitions when we are shyte?.  We act privileged but have absolutely no right to anymore than other clubs and that's why most clubs fans hate us. So what if we got relegated one year because we were actual garbage. If the first half of the season this year was as bad as the second we would be flirting with it. If it ever did happen the attention would turn on the owners policies and investment so they are trying to protect that. If they cant get relegated they wont spend and they dont care about finishing bottom either as they show with the Sox.

Yes football has changed, yes the premier league, sky, Oil rich owners, hedgefunds and Oligarchs have all changed the face of it. They all made fortunes so somehow people feel vindicated in justifying this new league. That was all wrong and this is even worse.  Now is the time to tackle the lot of it and regulate it so all parties power is limited. It's not time to go along with it because we have to. The sport wont regulate itself. FFP is rubbish that was supposed to level the playing field but all it did was ensure the top clubs most heavily in debt couldn't be knocked off their perches. Fit and proper persons test my hole. Another trick so they can stop people investing and growing smaller clubs to rival them.

The German model is perfect. A percentage of fan ownership will keep the Clubs grounded and ensure the game stays alive in the communities where it was built. You cant take ownership off them but you can regulate it to take so much of the power away from a set groups whose interest is purely financial. They will destroy everything eventually if it's not done now.

The UK Government need to intervene and force regulation now. They will talk shyte and make thinly veiled threats but if enough of people demand change it will happen.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:02 pm

BBC just said that Chelsea are seriously considering pulling out, they may be even drafting a statement to that affect right  now. If true fair dues to them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:13 pm

Chelsea pulling out of the European Super League following backlash  - Telegraph.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:19 pm

If true fair play to them, maybe this will cause a domino effect.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:23 pm

Apparently Chelsea’s players weren’t happy about the proposal at all and told the club in no uncertain terms, if true gone up in my estimation that mob.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm

Lol, City is joining them  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Breaking news: Athletico out. Barca not joining without a vote from their fans  (so out)

Also > Manchester City have also told organisers that they do not wish to be a part of the Super League.

"Chelsea made a last minute decision last week to join the ESL. They now regret the decision and accept it was a mistake. They felt they had to 'jump on the train because it was leaving the station'. Turned out it was a train to nowhere."

Its over. F'off FSG.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Looks like the super league is done but the damage has been well and truly done. The relationship with the owners is over and the fact they were gonna throw the clubs history away for a few extra coins shows they don't have the clubs best interest at heart.

FSG out!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:53 pm

No how this ends FSG has shown their true colours and that's it.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:56 pm

Yup and all this shyte had to begin just before we had an important game against Leeds. Our luck this season has been nothing but friggin alien.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 pm

:laugh:  I'd day FSG are livid. They are one of the main forces driving this and now its crashing down around  them. How long now before they crawl out from under the rock armed with a PR statement professing that they had no other choice to do it because we need the money and stability to remain competitive.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Guess it's not happening after all. FSG better start thinking of excuses like Chelsea have.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:09 pm

I really hope the fans really do realise now what these owners are all about. 
All they want with us is to rape the brand for everything they can get and then bitch it's not enough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:14 pm

It’s sad that the owners who saved Anfield and won us our first League title in 30 years and won us our 6th European Cup and brought Jurgen Klopp to the club lost the fvcking plot like this. I don’t see how they can carry on, their position has become untenable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion