NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 pm wrote:If they do it then that will be it for me. I hate the way the game has gone .

Me too, think i’ll take up golf or something.
6 clubs are going to wreck nearly a century and a half of history and tradition, the English game, created 150 years ago by Englishmen/Scotsmen/Welshmen and Irishmen and wrecked by moneymen.

The missus would prefer you turned blue rather than take up golf mate! :laugh: 

Agree totally. They dont care about tradition or the fans just where they can make bigger profits from. 
Neville is right, a regulator needs to be brought in and the power taken away from the 6 clubs. He got it spot on saying Arsenal,Spurs and Utd arent in the CL but feel they have the god given right to.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:40 pm

European Super League: Premier League's 'Big Six' agree to join new league - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811

This is moving fast,

So does this mean UCL places will be pointless now??

They've even got their own webby https://thesuperleague.com/
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:49 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:03 pm wrote:If they do it then that will be it for me. I hate the way the game has gone .

Me too, think i’ll take up golf or something.
6 clubs are going to wreck nearly a century and a half of history and tradition, the English game, created 150 years ago by Englishmen/Scotsmen/Welshmen and Irishmen and wrecked by moneymen.

The missus would prefer you turned blue rather than take up golf mate! :laugh: 

Agree totally. They dont care about tradition or the fans just where they can make bigger profits from. 
Neville is right, a regulator needs to be brought in and the power taken away from the 6 clubs. He got it spot on saying Arsenal,Spurs and Utd arent in the CL but feel they have the god given right to.

The owners of these clubs just want to create a closed shop where they rake in huge profits wether they choose to invest in their playing squads or not. In fact didn’t that proposal which got knocked back the other month, the one Rick Parry backed where they were going to bung a few quid to lower league clubs, have a similar clause where the top clubs couldn’t be relegated from the prem? They are clearly desperate to introduce the American no promotion or relegation sporting model into our game to protect their profits.
The 12 clubs who have signed up to this clearly don’t give a sh1t about the game itself, just care about lining their own pockets. If this goes through I’m being serious i will find other things to do, I’m not going to watch corporate-ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 am

Well they seem to be going ahead with it as the likes of Perez (new chairman :laugh: ) releasing a statement. Joel Glazer has also came out with one but our lot are still under their rock.

I really hope our fanbase are waking up to the leeches that these owners really are. Couldn't give a shyte about the fans because who do they think is going to end up paying for this.

@Yakka. That's exactly what they are doing and they have been years planning this.
They wont spend fook all on the squad, like they do anyway and it's only a matter of time before they start fielding weaker teams in the league so their best get to play in their own league. The players arent able to cope with the games as it is without the pressure of a full season in midweek as well.

It's an absolute disgrace is what it is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:12 am

redshade » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:40 pm wrote:European Super League: Premier League's 'Big Six' agree to join new league - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811

This is moving fast,

So does this mean UCL places will be pointless now??

They've even got their own webby https://thesuperleague.com/

They say they want to go ahead with it asap. Could be as soon as 2022 .
UEFA will still have european competitions so teams will still qualify but not any of the teams that are in the snazzy super league.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:56 am

Just think how the league would only be meaningful if you are in a title race. Once your out you can play your fringe players and focus on the new clown league. This move will kill the Epl because of greedy fekers,
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:05 am

Not surprised one bit that these owners are greedy c**nts
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 am

I called it many many many years ago Henry, Werner and the rest of the maggots who have taken control of our club are nothing more than money grubbing pond scum. They don’t give a sh.it about us and our traditions. It’s all talk with an army of PR and marketing frauds in front of them.

I feel vindicated with the likes of so many on here pathetically defending them. Hope the wool has finally been lifted from your eyes now. Absolute disgrace we are associated with this elitist garbage, that simply isn’t sport but just money washing at an unimaginable level.

Laughable to see the likes of Manure media scum like Ferdinand and Ratboy up in arms about it. Where was your disdain when the billionaire Russian began to destroy the league so many years ago and then how the shieks have continued dismantling any semblance of fair competition?!? As for that gimp Micah Richards defending city and all they have done for “grass roots” football and the community and somehow being part of this charade, bahaha you ar.se clown, you are the exact definition of a hypocrite.

What a sad, sad day for our football club. Its not just us but the entire football world needs to unite against these greedy elitist fu.cks. We are in an almighty fight for this sport’s soul right now.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 am

All six UK clubs have  got foreign owners from outside Europe with no respect for tradition.

In 3 years time once the thrill has worn off and Liverpool play Inter Milan yet 'again' and no Liverpool fans go to Milan as they can afford to travel to Europe 'again' nor take time off work 'again'... isn’t shooting up the M6 to Leeds a lot more appealing? We want all games to effectively become home games with no away fans?

We all dread missing out on CL but the UEFA cup is just as exciting for a fan playing away against Benfica, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Sparta Prague, Bordeaux - it doesn't have to be Bayern or Inter to be exciting. Once the super league comes in, we'd NEVER play these sides again - its simply not worth it. Variety is the spice of life, not elitism. The new league will be boring within 5 years, it'll be as stale as the Scottish first division.

I’m very concerned about the lower leagues. Everything is very inter dependent so take away the glamour clubs and the who house of cards falls as suddenly Sky are not so interested in the mega tv deals and have a way out to reduce the tv contract. It could cost us a whole league of clubs. Famous, traditional clubs will fold. We cannot destroy grass roots football. We need Accrington Stanley, Darlington, Tranmere and Aldershot as much as we need Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal.

I'm 100% against it and will never change my mind. Sort out the corruption in Uefa and stop Uefa themselves trying to start a super league by expanding the CL to such an extent that clubs have to have two teams or abandon the league itself. Uefa are not innocent in this, lets sort them out and protect national leagues.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:54 am

'Uefa had hoped the plans for a new 36-team Champions League - with reforms set to be confirmed on Monday - would head off the formation of a Super League.'

Isnt this effectively the same thing? It would be a two division structure really where the strong clubs would be kept apart through seeding until the 1/4 finals. Its a media merry-go-round.  How big would your squad have to be to play this format plus the national league + domestic cups? And releasing players for international duty?

We're back up to 80 games a season!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:16 am

They even have their own website and all up and running  :laugh:
https://thesuperleague.com/

I know fifa and UEFA are corrupt as fook but no one can seriously believe we would be better off with this.  We will have to wait and see what the details of UEFAs new format but that is like likely to be just as bad because it was set up to appease the greedy clubs in the first place.

I have said it before that this lot are no better than T&T just much better at pulling the wool over the fans eyes. They are never interested in making this club great just here to ride the ar$e of the brand.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:27 am

Since when is Spurs considered a "big club"?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:37 am

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/new ... mpetitions

No going back now and this was never a negotiation tactic to get a better deal with UEFA. This is a pure power grab for it all. Every last bit of it by greedy yank businessmen who view us as cash cows emotionally attached to their product .

Get them out of the club now  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 am

Seriously not expecting us to get a result tonight either. We can expect hostile receptions as soon as that bus hits leeds.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 am

Greedy Pigs trying to push the other Greedy Pigs from the Money Trough..........Football started to die in 1992 when the "Premier League mafia" hijacked the football league in cahoots with Sky......UEFA could have stopped that happening back then but money talks...and with the introduction of VAR the game is dead to me .....so hypocrisy by Premier league, Sky, UEFA, FIFA is laughable....I'm happy to sit back and watch football implode and sift through the debris come the summer.....ive got till May 24th to decide if  I renew my season ticket for Premier league, Super league or National League North....but then again if VAR isn't   sorted I may call it quits.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion