NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am

redshade » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:56 am wrote:Just think how the league would only be meaningful if you are in a title race. Once your out you can play your fringe players and focus on the new clown league. This move will kill the Epl because of greedy fekers,

RTID nails it a couple of posts up from yours mate, they are clearly going to prioritise their own league over the prem which in essence becomes a rival league to theirs competing for sponsors and advertisers etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:06 am

supersub » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:44 am wrote:Greedy Pigs trying to push the other Greedy Pigs from the Money Trough..........Football started to die in 1992 when the "Premier League mafia" hijacked the football league in cahoots with Sky......UEFA could have stopped that happening back then but money talks...and with the introduction of VAR the game is dead to me .....so hypocrisy by Premier league, Sky, UEFA, FIFA is laughable....I'm happy to sit back and watch football implode and sift through the debris come the summer.....ive got till May 24th to decide if  I renew my season ticket for Premier league, Super league or National League North....but then again if VAR isn't   sorted I may call it quits.

Worst thing about it is that Liverpool and Everton were probably the 2 biggest drivers behind the creation of the premier league, indeed it was Everton’s chairman at the time Philip Carter who became the public face of the breakaway clubs.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:09 am

I honestly think our club has been robbed beyond belief this year with VAR and the people officiating it.. the frustration has set in from the fans all the way to the top. I'm watching games weekly waiting to for us to get dodgy decisions against us and having to take it on the chin. The EPL is the most corrupt league in the world ruled by money.

Now the EPL have got to agree to this Superleague otherwise the teams from the EPL can't participate unless they break away completely from the league itself.

So Garry Neville even though his hearts in the right place (with a few extra digs at Liverpool) says they should deduct points from the teams involved and even relegate these teams to teach them a lesson.. that would backfire immediately and the teams involved would have a excuse to breakaway from the league.

Hicks and Gillette tried to take the club down through greed ... and FSG might be doing the same.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:06 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:09 am wrote:I honestly think our club has been robbed beyond belief this year with VAR and the people officiating it.. the frustration has set in from the fans all the way to the top. I'm watching games weekly waiting to for us to get dodgy decisions against us and having to take it on the chin. The EPL is the most corrupt league in the world ruled by money.

Now the EPL have got to agree to this Superleague otherwise the teams from the EPL can't participate unless they break away completely from the league itself.

So Garry Neville even though his hearts in the right place (with a few extra digs at Liverpool) says they should deduct points from the teams involved and even relegate these teams to teach them a lesson.. that would backfire immediately and the teams involved would have a excuse to breakaway from the league.

Hicks and Gillette tried to take the club down through greed ... and FSG might be doing the same.

If the teams breakaway from their domestic league’s they will be committing hari kari, no one bar maybe a few plastics will support this closed shop that they are trying to put together. If this club walks away from English football it will essentially be throwing all the hard work of the likes of Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Kenny Dalglish, George Kay, Tom Watson et al in the dustbin, even if they stay, just by trying to create a rival league they are lessening the work and achievements of those great men.
A handful of clubs are literally on the verge of tearing apart a league and ruining a sport that is loved the world over, all in the name of making a few extra quid for people who are already billionaires, Neville’s right, you can’t have a situation where 6 clubs do a Samson and bring everything crashing down just to line their own pockets.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Its all driven by greed......players greedy for more money owners greedy for more money and fans greedy for the best players to compete on the top stage......greed and gluttony and F*****g VAR
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:15 pm

The idea of a salary cap is interesting. Can't imagine the likes of Chelsea and Man City were in favour.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Of course they will want salary caps because the less they spend trying to compete the more profit they have. Sooner or later they will stop spending altogether because they wont have to qualify for their place or try to protect it.

Of course its everyone else's greed like the oil clubs, UEFA and Fifa and nothing to do with FSG's . I'd guarantee these shytehouses are one of the main driving forces behind it.

And it's all because they dont want to spend any money!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

In the same way Formula 1 has a spending cap, you put it above the resources of the smaller teams so it doesn't change anything.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Lol the money they get from this league cant be spent on transfers  :laugh:  they are only allowed to use it for infrastructure projects and writing off losses from covid.

Some dude on SSN going through the details of it now.  Maximising the clubs revenues is no 1 priority and the game is secondary.  :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:20 pm

Apparently the fans have demanded all the supporter Flags inside anfield have to be taken down as a protest against the Owners and the ESL. So our next game at Home vs Newcastle the stadium will be completely empty.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:14 pm

Haven’t even got the heart to start a thread for the Leeds game, what difference does it make now where we finish? We are going to qualify for this sh1tty super league anyway and even winning the title won’t mean much, where’s the glory in being champions of a devalued league? A club may win the title but who’s to say their rivals were really trying?
Welcome to football FSG style where nothing matters but the bottom line.
I hope Jurgen goes to town on the idea tonight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Nutshell, from The Independent: "At the heart of the European Super League idea is the belief, clearly held by a handful of American, Russian and middle eastern billionaire owners, that English football’s biggest clubs can pivot away from a business model that was once underpinned by what they now apparently call “legacy fans” and toward the “fans of the future”. Which is to say, massive global audiences with no actual links to the places involved, but who just want to watch Europe’s big boys playing each other all the time – a European NFL of soccer."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Klopp should walk out if all hes being asked is questions over the clubs decision. Sky would be better off hounding the board for these kind of answers because Jurgen doesnt have them.

Playing in an uncompetitive league is where we are heading for regardless of what path is chosen. Our own model or the uefa one are both designed to line the pockets of the clubs more and protect their status at the top of the game. Just like FFP protected them. UEFA are willing to allow the 6 to qualify on past merits so if you finish 8th you qualify  :laugh: This is UEFA pi$$ing on the rest of the clubs just to keep a few happy.

They will throw everything at this to curry favour with the fans starting with a few signings. They also have a massive pot of money to divvy up in order to help the game cope but give it a few years and when it's the norm they will take it back again.

The only way to stop this is to punish the owners of the clubs involved. Fine them and relegate them if needs be but it needs to be tackled now because if either of these plans come to fruition the game is dead.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Problem with deducting points is it is hypocritical! They complain about the super league being corrupt as there is no sporting integrity yet they want to deduct points for teams having a different point of view or non sporting reasons, where is the sporting integrity in that. Imagine, Neville even suggesting we get relegated because we are one of six clubs that want something different. Whether the team is right or not, deducting points and even relegation, really? So in essence it is not about sporting integrity it is about doing what you are told.

What worries me is things change with or without you and you have to change with them or get left behind, I’d hate for the team to get left behind in this fluid and volatile time, proper decisions need to be made without emotion. From my point of view, I like watching Liverpool play. The more they play, the better. I’d watch them play Accrington Stanley and I’d watch them play Real Madrid, the more they play, the better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_XSdO ... heSpionKop

This is what FSG don't understand and why they'll divide the fans and possibly break the club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion