NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:29 pm

Penguins » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am wrote:Well, I find it fairly alarming that even after winning the Cl and doing well in the league that the revenue from those achievements wasn't enough for us to spend any money.
We will burn out the top 3 if we have no adequate replacement this season. And no, Origi is no fit to lace their shoes...

Yeah I agree, in 3 months Jurgen will have been here 4 years, his total nett spend in that time averages out at a shade over £19m a season which is ridiculously low for a team competing at the top end of the premier league.
In those 4 years we have qualified for the CL 3 times and reached the final twice, not to mention reaching an EL and League Cup final too.
Jurgen's reign also coincided with an increase in Sky money which, according to the papers, made teams like Burnley and Huddersfield wealthier than Ajax and Anderlecht.
I don't buy that we're skint.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm wrote:
Penguins » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am wrote:Well, I find it fairly alarming that even after winning the Cl and doing well in the league that the revenue from those achievements wasn't enough for us to spend any money.
We will burn out the top 3 if we have no adequate replacement this season. And no, Origi is no fit to lace their shoes...

Yeah I agree, in 3 months Jurgen will have been here 4 years, his total nett spend in that time averages out at a shade over £19m a season which is ridiculously low for a team competing at the top end of the premier league.
In those 4 years we have qualified for the CL 3 times and reached the final twice, not to mention reaching an EL and League Cup final too.
Jurgen's reign also coincided with an increase in Sky money which, according to the papers, made teams like Burnley and Huddersfield wealthier than Ajax and Anderlecht.

Who said we're skint?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm wrote:

Who said we're skint?

Why aren't we signing anyone then?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Because there is no one the manager sees as viable to purchase- the market is flat , there isn’t one player standing out and no player I wish we had signed. It’s a very quiet summer all round so far

Suggestions that we are skint are laughable
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 pm

The manager hasn't said that there's no one out there that he fancy's though Ben, he said we aren't the type of club who can spend big every summer and we have to find solutions from within the current squad. That sounds to me like necessity rather than choice
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 pm wrote:The manager hasn't said that there's no one out there that he fancy's though Ben, he said we aren't the type of club who can spend big every summer and we have to find solutions from within the current squad. That sounds to me like necessity rather than choice

He is right though - we can’t spend big summer despite the teddy throwing and foot stomping from certain fans.

The manager shouldn’t have to justify to media and indeed some fans about why we about spending millions and even then the speculation goes wild

The sooner the seasons start and this pathetic childish behaviour of the fans stops the better
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:07 pm wrote:The manager hasn't said that there's no one out there that he fancy's though Ben, he said we aren't the type of club who can spend big every summer and we have to find solutions from within the current squad. That sounds to me like necessity rather than choice

He is right though - we can’t spend big summer despite the teddy throwing and foot stomping from certain fans.

The manager shouldn’t have to justify to media and indeed some fans about why we about spending millions and even then the speculation goes wild

The sooner the seasons start and this pathetic childish behaviour of the fans stops the better

I don't think it's childish for fans to question why their team hasn't bought a single first team player, that goes wether the team is challenging for the prem/CL or fighting to avoid the drop into the conference.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Yet they have signed someone for the first team squad - and it’s not just the questioning it’s the demanding and the stropping because our World Class manager is not listening to all those fans that have massive long cv’s
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 pm wrote:Yet they have signed someone for the first team squad - and it’s not just the questioning it’s the demanding and the stropping because our World Class manager is not listening to all those fans that have massive long cv’s
I don't understand your mindset..

Do you think we are the finished article?

Do you think there's no players available out there that could improve the team/squad?

We won the UCL.. but City won the domestic treble. In my eyes that means we need to improve to match/overtake them.

They have acted by breaking their transfer record to make them stronger.. Its like a game of chess and they have made their move.. If we don't act we fall further behind them it's that simple.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:33 pm wrote:Yet they have signed someone for the first team squad - and it’s not just the questioning it’s the demanding and the stropping because our World Class manager is not listening to all those fans that have massive long cv’s

Nope

Do you think there's no players available out there that could improve the team/squad?

Players “available” - depends on what’s meant by available
We won the UCL.. but City won the domestic treble. In my eyes that means we need to improve to match/overtake them.

Can a team not improve by coaching ? By players developing ? By players maturing ? By a team moving together as one

They have acted by breaking their transfer record to make them stronger.. Its like a game of chess and they have made their move.. If we don't act we fall further behind them it's that simple.

They spent money on a player who will sit on the bench , who has had one half decent season - it’s looking like they may lose a big player soon enough to add to their club captain they lost - we have lost no one of worth

They finished one whole point against us and there is nothing to suggest we can’t run it close again
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:

Nope

Players “available” - depends on what’s meant by available

Can a team not improve by coaching ? By players developing ? By players maturing ? By a team moving together as one

They spent money on a player who will sit on the bench , who has had one half decent season - it’s looking like they may lose a big player soon enough to add to their club captain they lost - we have lost no one of worth

They finished one whole point against us and there is nothing to suggest we can’t run it close again
don't get me wrong I love to be right on things involving the club.. But I hope you're right in this situation.

We can definitely improve as a team there's no doubt about it.. I just see alot of fringe players still around that's nowhere near title winning quality.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Ask yourself some questions

1. Have we lost any big players - Nope

2. Do we have some players returning from injury that will give us something more - yes

3. Have we add some bright young talent to the squad- yes

4. Do we have a manager who clearly knows how to improve a player - yep

So why are we not going to improve even without spending millions ?!

I remember that last three times we came close to winning the title

01/02 - in the summer we spent millions on the likes of Diouf and let Anelka go

08/09 - in the summer lost Alonso and spent millions

13/14 - in the summer lost Suarez and the spent millions

Subtle difference this year - no big players leaving
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:00 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if we finished outside the top 4 tbh, none of our front 3 are going to have a pre season of note, infact Sadio is not going to have a pre-season at all, it will be a minor miracle if they get through to next May without picking up an injury or suffering a major loss of form. They are going to be out on their feet come the New Year and let's face it without them we look very ordinary.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:52 am

I wouldn't go that far BUT I wouldn't be surprised to finish 10-15 pts behind city. Just a little bit unlucky with injures and our title bout is over.
And NO, City can lose quality players to injury and still win, we can't. That's all the difference in the world...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:00 pm wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we finished outside the top 4 tbh, none of our front 3 are going to have a pre season of note, infact Sadio is not going to have a pre-season at all, it will be a minor miracle if they get through to next May without picking up an injury or suffering a major loss of form. They are going to be out on their feet come the New Year and let's face it without them we look very ordinary.

Are you on the wind up ? Or just constantly miserable about the club.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion