NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Winning something maybe once in a while might be a compelling argument....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Hopefully that will be sorted in May at Basel !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:49 am

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:10 am wrote:Agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't turn into one of the "petro dollar" clubs BUT I wouldn't mind if some Sheik took a part share in the club, thereby providing the extra investment that would enable us to entice/sign the one or two top targets that have so often escaped us.

Talk about having the cake and eating it...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:50 am

Isn't it weird that alot of posters on here were slating the owners until recently. But now, after Klopp has been making the team win and some good vibes are back, we just want to stay the way we are now? I remember some (I don't remember who) even openly saying they wanted or didn't mind ultra rich owners (arrab or not), for once owners who would put in their own money and not take out loans made out to the club. Something along those lines...

Will the real slim shady please stand up... please stand up... please stand up...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:41 am

How much money did Klopp have at Borussia Dortmund or Mainz? He is all about development and not spending outrageous sums of money on overpaid troublesome prima donas. Yes I believe he would invest heavily if he has first hand knowledge of a player, Reus for example.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:32 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm wrote:Isn't it weird that alot of posters on here were slating the owners until recently. But now, after Klopp has been making the team win and some good vibes are back, we just want to stay the way we are now? I remember some (I don't remember who) even openly saying they wanted or didn't mind ultra rich owners (arrab or not), for once owners who would put in their own money and not take out loans made out to the club. Something along those lines...

Will the real slim shady please stand up... please stand up... please stand up...  :laugh:

People have very short memories indeed. FSG have staggered from one mistake to another in their time here.

From hiring the snake oil peddler (in a process involving interviewing only him and Martinez  :laugh: ) to the transfer committee disaster, to selling our best players and allowing the powers that be replace them with utter dross to waiting far too long to sack Dodgers............its been one disaster to another with them.

In all that time the only successful thing they have been able to do is somehow convince Klopp to manage us.

Jurgen is no fool though, if these meddling yanks start to dictate "special terms and conditions" on who he wants to bring in, he will find another club and he won't be short of suitors.

Until they are seen backing him, I'm still far from convinced.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks for restoring the doom and gloom eds, I was starting to cheer up there mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Eds - Utter dross - Please list the players

Best players sold - Please list the players and please don't include Sterling (not worthy to wear the LFC shirt) Torres (way past his best and has never done anything at the clubs he went to after LIVERPOOL) Suarez (we
had no choice - only you fail to recognise that)
All of those players were sold for decent money. Anybody with a modicum of business acumen would appreciate that.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:50 pm wrote:Isn't it weird that alot of posters on here were slating the owners until recently. But now, after Klopp has been making the team win and some good vibes are back, we just want to stay the way we are now? I remember some (I don't remember who) even openly saying they wanted or didn't mind ultra rich owners (arrab or not), for once owners who would put in their own money and not take out loans made out to the club. Something along those lines...

I think that's just down to an appreciation of what Klopp is building here at Anfield.
Okay deep down I don't think there's a Liverpool fan who wouldn't like to see us competing to sign the best players in the world but at the same time everyone recognises that those petro dollar clubs are a revolving door for managers.
If we can have both the money and Jurgen then yes, but history has shown that those rich owners don't look too kindly on even one poor season. Never mind the likes of Mancini, Mourinho etc just look at Pellegrini, won the title last year, already won a trophy this year, safely in the top 4 and taken City to their first European Cup/CL semi in their entire history but shown the door with half the season still to go.
Since the days of Shankly the position of Liverpool manager has been symbolically important at this club, I for one wouldn't like to see Liverpool managers reduced to a position of fall guys or scapegoats to take the wrap for every trophy less season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:00 pm

I've never bought into this clueless yanks nonsense. Yes, they've made mistakes, but don't think they're half as bad as some make out.

Bringing in Klopp was a huge sign of intent, along with writing off debt (they club owned to the owners) and expanding Anfield.

I think they'll back Klopp big time in the summer and I haven't completely given up on the idea that we might actually win something this year either...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:59 am

eds » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 am wrote:

People have very short memories indeed. FSG have staggered from one mistake to another in their time here.

From hiring the snake oil peddler (in a process involving interviewing only him and Martinez  :laugh: ) to the transfer committee disaster, to selling our best players and allowing the powers that be replace them with utter dross to waiting far too long to sack Dodgers............its been one disaster to another with them.

In all that time the only successful thing they have been able to do is somehow convince Klopp to manage us.

Jurgen is no fool though, if these meddling yanks start to dictate "special terms and conditions" on who he wants to bring in, he will find another club and he won't be short of suitors.

They did save us from administration and potential close down. We still have a club today because they had faith in us and took the debt on. How that debt is paid back is irrelevant. FSG stumped up and we live on. Did you forget that bit?  :nod
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 am

Reg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:11 pm wrote:Thanks for restoring the doom and gloom eds, I was starting to cheer up there mate.

:laugh: to be fair, it's my fault, I brought it up mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:00 am

Reg » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:11 pm wrote:Thanks for restoring the doom and gloom eds, I was starting to cheer up there mate.

I was merely responding to Mags' comments Reg.

We have a great chance of winning the UEFA Cup this season and being in the CL next season.  :buttrock

A great way to look at the season, despite everything that has happened behind the scenes.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 am

devaney » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:44 pm wrote:Eds - Utter dross - Please list the players

Best players sold - Please list the players and please don't include Sterling (not worthy to wear the LFC shirt) Torres (way past his best and has never done anything at the clubs he went to after LIVERPOOL) Suarez (we
had no choice - only you fail to recognise that)
All of those players were sold for decent money. Anybody with a modicum of business acumen would appreciate that.

What ever makes you sleep at night Dev.

Under FSG we have won 1 league cup in six years  :no
Under FSG we have seen our best players in Suarez and Sterling leave, one of our greatest ever players in Gerrard retire (without a PL medal) while we have spent astronomical money on misfits like Carroll, Downing, Borini, Allen, Markovic, Balotelli, Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Benteke. A staggering $165m on those players alone!
When you add Henderson and Lallana to that lot (who the jury is still out on) that takes it to over $200m!!!!! Shameful, fkn shamful. What were you saying about business acumen?  :laugh:

65m for Suarez wasn't "decent money" in my opinion. The 3rd best player on the planet should have gone for much, much more irrespective of what was going on that time.
FSG have a lot to answer for and I couldn't care less if I continually have to point all this out.

I'm just praying they do a U-turn on their idiotic under 25 years old player transfer strategy obsession and let Klopp have the first, second and final word on ALL players coming in from this summer onwards.

eds

Postby eds » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:29 am

leeroy74 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 am wrote:
eds » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 am wrote:

They did save us from administration and potential close down. We still have a club today because they had faith in us and took the debt on. How that debt is paid back is irrelevant. FSG stumped up and we live on. Did you forget that bit?  :nod

What an inane argument. Are you honesty convinced that FSG were the only ones that could have saved us from the "brink".

They bought one of the biggest sporting institutions on the planet for a pittance in 2010, in order to make money out of us. Which they eventually will (in bucket loads) when they sell up.

I'm sorry I don't subscribe to them riding in on white horses and shiny armour to save the day, as per the constant myth that keeps getting peddled on this forum.

They are business people, who are out to make money, so please stop regurgitating the same drivel we have been hearing for the last 6 years to paper over their long list of failures.....

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion