NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:14 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm wrote:Alot more stories about this middle east takeover today. The man behind the takeover is Sheik Khalifa who is estimated to be worth 30billion and would be the richest owner of the epl.

Would be shocked if NESV sold up. What with the ground expansion, Klopp and club in profit, I think they're here for a good few more years yet...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:48 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:14 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:50 pm wrote:Alot more stories about this middle east takeover today. The man behind the takeover is Sheik Khalifa who is estimated to be worth 30billion and would be the richest owner of the epl.

Would be shocked if NESV sold up. What with the ground expansion, Klopp and club in profit, I think they're here for a good few more years yet...

I hope so, I don't want to see us turn into one of those petro dollar clubs, they seem to attract the worst type of fan not to mention all those blatantly mercenary players that fans would struggle to build a connection to. We are doing just fine.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:38 am

We shouldn't be surprised if they sold up. They are business men after all. IF the sheiks are offering millions of profit, then why wouldn't they? It's easier to earn money by selling at a profit than by building it up to be a sustainable and profitable business. Unless of course Liverpool is a pet project for one of Henry or Werner.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 am

The lads are playing for their places, playing for Klopp... I don't want that to change. I don't want to be Chelsea or City, I want our players to be here for the shirt, not as mercenaries. I don't want Ibra, I don't want Aguero, I don't want Costa or di Maria. I want Joe Allen when he's playing with passion, I want scousers like Flanno and Carra and young lads like Origi, Ibe etc.. playing for their lives.

F*ck easy money.... that's not the Liverpool way.

I hope this isn't only fueled by Dunk of koptalk..... we all know through which orifice he talks....  :ghostface:
http://www.koptalk.com/liverpool-fc-new ... fa-linked/
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:08 am

Reg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 am wrote:The lads are playing for their places, playing for Klopp... I don't want that to change. I don't want to be Chelsea or City, I want our players to be here for the shirt, not as mercenaries. I don't want Ibra, I don't want Aguero, I don't want Costa or di Maria. I want Joe Allen when he's playing with passion, I want scousers like Flanno and Carra and young lads like Origi, Ibe etc.. playing for their lives.

F*ck easy money.... that's not the Liverpool way.

I hope this isn't only fueled by Dunk of koptalk..... we all know through which orifice he talks....  :ghostface:
http://www.koptalk.com/liverpool-fc-new ... fa-linked/

It's the same story the Daily Star have been posting for months (I posted it quite a few pages back on this thread), I have to agree with you, I am happy as we are, we do have good owners, a fantastic manager and a safe future, but at the same time if the owners wanted to sell I could understand their position, Liverpool FC is a massive project
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:57 am

Reg I agree entirely with your sentiments however there will be a few on here that will be creaming themselves  :no
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 am

I didn't realise we have more than 4-5 members these days mate!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:59 am

Who are the other 3 ???  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 am

devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:57 am wrote:Reg I agree entirely with your sentiments however there will be a few on here that will be creaming themselves  :no

Did someone say these clueless yanks were selling up.....................

:laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:54 am

maguskwt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:38 am wrote:We shouldn't be surprised if they sold up. They are business men after all. IF the sheiks are offering millions of profit, then why wouldn't they? It's easier to earn money by selling at a profit than by building it up to be a sustainable and profitable business. Unless of course Liverpool is a pet project for one of Henry or Werner.

Because it's fun for them? They are millionaires who could probably make more money more easily by simply sitting in their office in front of their computers. But I imagine they quite enjoy the challenge of trying to move this club forward and win things while making some decent cash when they do ultimately decide to sell.

My two cents worth is that it would be quite boring if we turned into Man City or PSG. We'd lose some of the magic that makes this club so special so I hope FSG hang around.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:10 am

Agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't turn into one of the "petro dollar" clubs BUT I wouldn't mind if some Sheik took a part share in the club, thereby providing the extra investment that would enable us to entice/sign the one or two top targets that have so often escaped us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby killerp » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:51 am

Perhaps a deal to sell the club has already been agreed and Ian Ayre announcing he is leaving his post is linked. The shieks have their own man and we are just preparing the ground for the influx of world class stars.

The yanks have been way too quiet to be considered anything more than businessmen looking to make a profit. All of their investments in our club will reap a massive return for FSG.

If there is any truth to this story it's going to happen. You'd be crazy not to sell for double your investment.
killerp

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm

eds » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 am wrote:
devaney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:57 am wrote:Reg I agree entirely with your sentiments however there will be a few on here that will be creaming themselves  :no

Did someone say these clueless yanks were selling up.....................

maybe so, you best start thinking of something to label the new owners just incase.  :)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:14 pm

How about these 'clueless arabs'?

There's no way any multi billionaire arab knows any more about footy and the city of Liverpool more than the current owners so why bother changing?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Unless the value of the club can still increase substancially I wonder why FSG wouldnt sell once renovations are complete and with Klopp in place.

They must have made a huge profit which was the reason for purchase from day 1 and the club does need better investment to move it into the oil club arena.

I would be surprised to read they dont want a sale and they must recieve contact from interested parties quite regularly.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion