NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:52 am

A lot of questions should be answered by the next transfer window. FSG have clearly indicated in the article I linked that their Baseball methods have not translated well into football. They have not been able to build a successful squad due to the last 6 years being a very expensive lesson on running a football club.

The way I hope the transfers work from now on,

Klopp and his staff identify targets, he creates a list of players that HE wants!
Mr Henry assigns a budget.
Ian ayre does the negotiating starting at he top of the list
Klopp talks to the players during neogociation to convince them of how awesome he is to work with.
That it!

No other people should be involved, no other yanks, no bizarre statistical nonsense with an obsession on young players and stats that indicate how good a player is on paper.

Oh and I would reassign the rest of the transfer committee to looking at the Twitter feeds 24 7. That's all they are good for.
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:39 pm

I'm so sweet that JK will be our manager when this is complete!
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announc ... s-revealed
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:57 am

:laugh: 
Some of you lot are lapping this stuff up and its nothing but bullshyte.
They admit that they knew nothing about the sport but yet can claim that certain players were past it  and the current playing squad was poor  :laugh: And that was after they watched one whole game  :laugh:  The baseball admission is just fooking idiocy as well  :laugh:

They are still fooking clueless if they think what they have spent over half a billion pounds on since is any better because it isn't.

The jury is still out on this lot for me.
Under them we have only gone one way on the field and all they do is blame the former owners. They buy the club for 220 million of which has to be paid back and within such a short time they heap another 47 odd mil on to that for plans they decided to scrap. They have guaranteed extra revenue from the TV deals and the new stand but yet still tried to stick the fans with a ticket increase that they succeeded in stopping  :nod at least for 2 years anyway. They also said they wouldn't make the Fans pay for that stand either.

Wonder what the football on the field will be like then or will we get more admissions of idiocy in how they were naïve to give the last clown such a bounty and 2 years after that how the transfer committee was the wrong path.

A part of me thinks that they aren't any better than the last owners and that they just play a better PR game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:36 am

What a negative tw@t.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 pm wrote::laugh: 
Some of you lot are lapping this stuff up and its nothing but bullshyte.
They admit that they knew nothing about the sport but yet can claim that certain players were past it  and the current playing squad was poor  :laugh: And that was after they watched one whole game  :laugh:  The baseball admission is just fooking idiocy as well  :laugh:

They are still fooking clueless if they think what they have spent over half a billion pounds on since is any better because it isn't.

The jury is still out on this lot for me.
Under them we have only gone one way on the field and all they do is blame the former owners. They buy the club for 220 million of which has to be paid back and within such a short time they heap another 47 odd mil on to that for plans they decided to scrap. They have guaranteed extra revenue from the TV deals and the new stand but yet still tried to stick the fans with a ticket increase that they succeeded in stopping  :nod at least for 2 years anyway. They also said they wouldn't make the Fans pay for that stand either.

Wonder what the football on the field will be like then or will we get more admissions of idiocy in how they were naïve to give the last clown such a bounty and 2 years after that how the transfer committee was the wrong path.

A part of me thinks that they aren't any better than the last owners and that they just play a better PR game.

I know NESV get a bit of stick, but it's extremely unfair to compare them with H&G.

They invest in the squad, happily write off personal debt and are in the process of expanding the ground. LFC also posted a profit year and have brought in one of the best managers in the world...how does any of that compare with H&G?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Breaking News...  Ian Ayre has given Liverpool 15 months' notice of his intention to stand down and has refused pleas from owners FSG to reconsider.

Ayre on leaving"I feel this is the right time. Given the sort of notice I have given to FSG is a mark of respect to them & the club."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ar_twitter
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Funny comment I just read, It will probably fall through at the final minute like most of his transfers  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 pm

I hear Parry is still looking for a job.... :lookaround
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Always found it hard to trust Ayre though FSG speak well of him.

I would bet there is more to the story than him just jacking it in when contracts up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:09 pm

parchpea » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm wrote:Always found it hard to trust Ayre though FSG speak well of him.

I would bet there is more to the story than him just jacking it in when contracts up.

Fair play to him, at the end of the day we  don't know the half of whats going on, good words from him in the press release and there's doubt he loves the club and has had a stellar rise through the ranks.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:46 am

15 months!!! Are you fkn kidding me?!?

Hopefully FSG can expedite his removal ASAP.

Deplorable CEO who was found napping behind the wheel time and time again (when major transfers were meant to be going down).

We can only hope he is eventually replaced with someone much, much better.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 am

You'd make a great trade unionist eds, mate. Down with the bosses no matter the evidence.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:53 am

Hate trade unionists Reg.

As for evidence where do you want me to start.....

Costa
Eriksen
Willan
Salah
Montoya
Mkhitaryan
Konoplyanka
Sanchez
Shakiri

The list of missed targets is endless showcasing this clowns inability to sign key targets. The Sanchez one is the one that burns the most though. Incompetence at its worst. 

Oh and then there is this pearler I read a few weeks back (more to do with your beloved owners than your "favourite" man Ayre though):

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/06/liverpool-missed-out-on-dele-alli-because-owners-would-only-pay-him-4k-5665538/

Putting a $4k a week salary cap on players under 21 doesn't surprise me though, these Boston muppets have no idea. 6 YEARS and counting........

:no
Last edited by eds on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:20 am

eds » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:46 am wrote:15 months!!! Are you fkn kidding me?!?

Hopefully FSG can expedite his removal ASAP.

Deplorable CEO who was found napping behind the wheel time and time again (when major transfers were meant to be going down).

We can only hope he is eventually replaced with someone much, much better.

I actually agree with this, i see no point in an employee of whatever level hanging around for 15 months

The club now have JK and a few very good players, we should be scouring for a replacement as soon as possible and get him replaced, we want quality from the top to the bottom
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 am

15 months is the notice period he's given the owners, this is not nailed on that he has to do the whole term of it he's just telling them that at the end of next season he'll be moving on. They can get a new man in whenever they want then pay Ayres out for the remainder of his notice. It's the correct way of doing things. He loves the club and if they find a new man I'm sure he'll step down (banking a hefty wedge).
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion