NABIL EL ZHAR - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 am

calkop wrote:Really looking forward to seeing El Zahr on tues.  I can't wait to see what he can do against PSV.  He has been a much improved player this year and for me he totally deserves a start over Babel.

Don't get your hopes up mate, El Zhar is not registered for the group stages, just like Hyypia
JoeTerp

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:39 am

JoeTerp wrote:
calkop wrote:Really looking forward to seeing El Zahr on tues.  I can't wait to see what he can do against PSV.  He has been a much improved player this year and for me he totally deserves a start over Babel.

Don't get your hopes up mate, El Zhar is not registered for the group stages, just like Hyypia

haha. u r the alert one.
maybe it a chance for babel to perform, and keane too.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:22 pm

Octsky wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

haha. u r the alert one.
maybe it a chance for babel to perform, and keane too.

On a positive note, Insua, will be eligible to be placed on the unlimited U21 "B List" starting in January because he will have been here for 2 years.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:37 pm

aCe' wrote:
metalhead wrote:He isn't brilliant, looks decent, good passer and dribbler, takes on defenders. would be a decent backup.

yea i think 'decent' would be the rigt word to decribe him.. nothing special about him theres plpenty of our players out there much better than he is at a similar age and playing for smaller clubs... he has good control when running with the ball and doesnt seem to mind taking a mon or two on when running with the ball... wouldnt say he has good passing seen him misplace a few easy passes but thats to be expected given the lack of experience and games i guess... decent backup and atleast hes a natural winger which always helps, yet to see him provide a decent cross though...

I'd say he's made as much impression as anyone off the bench this season, not brilliant but certainly his coming off the bench has 'coincided' with upturns in fortune during games

Sunderland (a) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 77th minute and Torres scores the winner in the 83rd minute

Middlesboro (h) losing 0-1, El Zhar comes on in the 83rd minute and Liverpool turn it around to win 2-1

Standard Liege (h) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 83rd minute and Kuyt scores the winner in extra time

Wigan (h) losing 1-2, El Zhar comes on in the 78th minute, Liverpool score in the 80th and 85th to win 3-2

Blackburn (a) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 64th minute and we score three goals in the last 25 minutes (includes stoppage time)

So FIVE times out of seven subs appearances he's come on and the game has been won having looked unlikely before he came on. He does make a difference, maybe not always directly but it does change the game. Those five games cited we were set for P5 W0 D3 L2 F1 A3 and we ended up P5 W5 D0 L0 F10 A4 - nine goals scored after El Zhar came on and only one conceded
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Owzat wrote:
aCe' wrote:
metalhead wrote:He isn't brilliant, looks decent, good passer and dribbler, takes on defenders. would be a decent backup.

yea i think 'decent' would be the rigt word to decribe him.. nothing special about him theres plpenty of our players out there much better than he is at a similar age and playing for smaller clubs... he has good control when running with the ball and doesnt seem to mind taking a mon or two on when running with the ball... wouldnt say he has good passing seen him misplace a few easy passes but thats to be expected given the lack of experience and games i guess... decent backup and atleast hes a natural winger which always helps, yet to see him provide a decent cross though...

I'd say he's made as much impression as anyone off the bench this season, not brilliant but certainly his coming off the bench has 'coincided' with upturns in fortune during games

Sunderland (a) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 77th minute and Torres scores the winner in the 83rd minute

Middlesboro (h) losing 0-1, El Zhar comes on in the 83rd minute and Liverpool turn it around to win 2-1

Standard Liege (h) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 83rd minute and Kuyt scores the winner in extra time

Wigan (h) losing 1-2, El Zhar comes on in the 78th minute, Liverpool score in the 80th and 85th to win 3-2

Blackburn (a) drawing 0-0, El Zhar comes on in the 64th minute and we score three goals in the last 25 minutes (includes stoppage time)

So FIVE times out of seven subs appearances he's come on and the game has been won having looked unlikely before he came on. He does make a difference, maybe not always directly but it does change the game. Those five games cited we were set for P5 W0 D3 L2 F1 A3 and we ended up P5 W5 D0 L0 F10 A4 - nine goals scored after El Zhar came on and only one conceded

He's better than Kuyt lets face it.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Owzat wrote:
aCe' wrote:

He's better than Kuyt lets face it.

he certainly offers something different to the team.  I could only imagine that his contribution/confidence would increase with more chances
JoeTerp

Postby mighty mo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm

you need players like this in a squad..... a decent weapon when the opposition have tired legs.. he is explosive quick and tricky..... perfect for coming off the bench.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 pm

good future prospect i hope ???
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Owzat wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Maybe he's a lucky charm?

:p
SupitsJonF

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Frustrated Nabil El Zhar keen to leave Liverpool
12 July 2010 5:21 AM

Nabil El Zhar has revealed he is desperate to leave Liverpool this summer in a bid for regular football.

The 23-year-old is frustrated at the lack of first-team football at Anfield and is not convinced he will be given a chance to impress new Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

El Zhar has made just 32 appearances for the club since joining from St Etienne in 2006 and the Morocco international revealed that there are a number of clubs vying for his signature.

"I want to leave Liverpool," he told the Moroccan media. "I do not play often enough. "I'm 23 and I cannot afford to only play a few bits of games. "There are several European clubs interested and I will not close any doors." El Zhar is the latest Liverpool player to be linked with a move away from Anfield with speculation still surrounding the future of key players Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Scored a decent goal against Cardiff a few years back but otherwise hasn't really looked impressive when making an appearance. Good luck if he does leave.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Pretty sure he signed a 3 year deal just last summer so whoever wants to buy him will have to pay us some cash. Cash we would be lucky to get for him as he's hopeless.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Frustrated Nabil El Zhar keen to leave Liverpool

Nabil El Zhar has revealed he is desperate to leave Liverpool this summer in a bid for regular football.

The 23-year-old is frustrated at the lack of first-team football at Anfield and is not convinced he will be given a chance to impress new Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

El Zhar has made just 32 appearances for the club since joining from St Etienne in 2006 and the Morocco international revealed that there are a number of clubs vying for his signature.

"I want to leave Liverpool," he told the Moroccan media. "I do not play often enough. "I'm 23 and I cannot afford to only play a few bits of games. "There are several European clubs interested and I will not close any doors." El Zhar is the latest Liverpool player to be linked with a move away from Anfield with speculation still surrounding the future of key players Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

he's nothing but a fringe player. Not good enough for the first 11.

Lets hope we can get 1 or 2 million for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Don't rate him. Too much of a headless chicken for my liking. No end product...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:Frustrated Nabil El Zhar keen to leave Liverpool

he's nothing but a fringe player. Not good enough for the first 11.

Lets hope we can get 1 or 2 million for him.

I'd love to know who these "interested" clubs are, St Etienne may well be one, but I'm guessing Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid aren't among them! :laugh:

He impressed me a few times coming on as sub, but that was ages ago. And Rafa was going through his usual sub rotation policy of chopping and changing who got chances so never got a realistic chance of impressing longer term.

On more recent appearances he was poor, reflects in his three Premiership appearances in 09/10 compared to 14 in 08/09. When will we see any of these foreign kids Rafa signed in the starting XI? Pacheco perhaps? (four Premiership subs appearances in 09/10) Rafa seemed to invest a lot of time and some money in foreign youth, plenty on here talk them up but they've yet to flourish in red
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion