NABIL EL ZHAR - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:24 am

Nabil El Zhar played for Liverpool res against Sunderland. Does anyone know if we have signed him or was it a trial? I know we were interested in him in the summer but I never heard that he had actually signed.

I remember someone posted a vid of him playing, in which he looked a very good prospect. I think he is about 20/21 so maybe we will see him in league cup?
account deleted by request

Postby 5 stars » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:00 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIFA World Youth Championship
A superlative strike pairing
(FIFA.com) 21 Jun 2005

http://access.fifa.com/en/article/0,4151,107901,00.html

Morocco's success at the FIFA World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005 is largely attributable to two outstanding players, Nabil El Zhar and Mouhssine Iajour. The pair have made an invaluable contribution to Morocco recovering from an opening defeat to Spain and winning their next two matches to seal a place in the last sixteen.

El Zhar, on the books at AS St Etienne in the French league, has turned in convincing displays in two positions, leading the line from centre forward and in the hole behind the front two. The 18-year-old has buzzed with malicious intent throughout the tournament and provided his team with a fulcrum for their attacking efforts. He has yet to add his name to the goalscoring charts, but the number 10 is his side's main creator of chances. Interviewed by FIFA.com, the player insisted he was in no way surprised at his side's progress to the round of sixteen.

"I honestly can't say whether it helped us to play a strong team right at the start, but we actually played well in losing 3-1 against Spain. Maybe it was good having the bar set high from the beginning. We went on to beat Honduras 5-0. It seems to be our way. We don't get into our stride at the start, but we improve as the tournament goes on. That's what happened at the African championship in Benin in January. We started against weaker opponents, but we just got better against the stronger teams," El Zhar reports.

Sights set high
Winning twice has given the Africans a taste for more of the same. "I think every single team still in the tournament could go on and win it, and I include ourselves. We have a good team. It's always about what happens on the day. If you play well, you go through, and vice versa. Spain are one of the best teams here, but we've shown we can match the big names. I believe we're in with a realistic chance against all the remaining teams," he declares optimistically. In common with every other player in the Netherlands, he regards the FIFA World Youth Championship as a stage to show off his talents. "We're all in the shop window for European clubs here."

El Zhar reckons Morocco have the quality to play a role in the destination of the trophy. "We all have a job to do, we all have to concentrate, we have to take our chances and avoid conceding goals. That's what counts at this level. You're in with a chance of winning every game, even against teams like Spain. You don't need miracles." He judges the general standard in the Netherlands as impressive: "I've watched pretty much every televised game. The teams here are excellent with talented players.

The likeable youngster with expressive eyes says a number of teams have caught his attention. "Argentina and Brazil look powerful, but every side has ability." Morocco need to concentrate on their own game to succeed against Japan in the first knockout round, he believes. "I think it's important we pursue our own tactics and don't become too obsessed with our opponents. It'll be important to score an early goal, because that would let us open up and play our natural game."

Iajour, the man with a nose for goal
Mouhssine Iajour, currently on two goals for the tournament, describes himself as a team player. "The first priority is to play well as a team, so its less important whether I play well. I'm delighted to be part of this team, and I always try and give my best."

The 20-year-old, who emerged into the limelight at the African championship with a five-goal haul, dreams of appearing in Italy one day. "That's where I would like to play most," the Juventus fan declares. While agreeing he relishes the opportunity to put himself forward for the European scouts, he is concerned above all else to please the fans. "Obviously we want to get as far as possible. We want the Moroccan people to be proud of us."

Iajour names Ronaldo and Alessandro Del Piero as his favourite players. He is aiming for more goals as the tournament unfolds, driving his team on and handing any potential European suitors the evidence for a signing. One thing is clear in his mind: "The better the club, the more progress you'll make. That's why it's important to play well here and attract attention from the top clubs."
5 stars

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Yeh I'm confused too saint if he did play with the reserves, then I think we got him.  :suspect:

Reading from the report from our fellow poster 5 star, he looks like a really good prospect.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:20 pm

He certainly looks like he has the skills LINK
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 pm

Well hes officially signed now.

This will surley mean the end for Sinama.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:20 pm

lol, those step-evers are helerious.  I am not sure if the defending is poor or he is amazing.  Good to see that we are scouting even more young talent......
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:24 pm

Moroccan striker Nabil El Zhar is confident he can be a success at Anfield after completing his move from St Etienne. 
The 20 year old played for the reserves in their 4-1 defeat to Newcastle last night in a game which saw Robbie Fowler net for the Reds.

El Zhar, who was born in France but has opted to represent Morocco at international level, came to prominence during last year's World Youth Championships where he helped his country reach the semi-finals of the competition before they were knocked out by Brazil.

Having decided to bring an end to his career with St Etienne, he's now hopeful of forcing his way into Rafael Benitez's Anfield plans.

He said: "St Etienne offered me a professional deal but I waited before signing it because I was unconvinced it was in my best interests to stay.

"When we came back for pre-season training I came back with the seniors, but they weren't really expecting me.

"So I preferred to pack my suitcases and go somewhere where I'd have a long-term future, that's to say Liverpool.

"They are a big club, but I'm convinced I've made the right decision to sign for them. I'm aiming on making a name for myself here. It's my intention to play in the first team eventually. I want to prove myself, make a name for myself and, if I do that, my chances will come here

from lfc tv

another good young prospect
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:48 pm

let's hope he's good! although from watching that clip, apart from the penalty i never saw him score another goal- he seemed an excellent provider though but not the poacher we really need!!

I'll reserve my judgement until i see him play! (and keep my fingers crossed)
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:36 pm

One of my mates Morrocan and he told me about him a year ago. It was liek he was :censored: of to him.....they rate him highly over there and apparantly he should have played in the African Nations caup but didnt.

Lets hope he can make a name for himself.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:02 am

Just hope he is not another Denilson....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:12 pm

What are you talking about Denilson was a great player.

He never really got his chance for Brazil but I think he was a very skilfull player.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:54 pm

bavlondon wrote:What are you talking about Denilson was a great player.

He never really got his chance for Brazil but I think he was a very skilfull player.

he was very skillfull, probably even more so than Ronaldhinio and Ronaldo but had virtually no end product, he would have been better of making himself a career in being half time entertainment, doing ball juggling or something.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:21 pm

lets hope he not another diouf!!!!!!!!!
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:25 pm

The lad scored a penalty tonight against Everton reserves in a 2 1 defeat.Dudek was sent off by the way.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am

interesting comment from Gary Ablett about el Zhar....

"I think it's not natural for him to play as an out and out centre forward as he is more of a player in the hole if you like as a second striker. I think he finds it a little bit alien to him the fact we are asking him to push opposing centre halves further back to open up space for our midfield players but we will work on his development."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion