NABIL FEKIR

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Nothing new in there at all and certainly nothing we wouldn't have known before talking to the lad.

What are we expecting anyway when we are trying to sign players that have suffered serious injuries. Is it because we can use it as leverage to lower the price ?  :nod damn right it is .

It will be interesting to see what we do with ings this year :nod will we entertain the same carry on from another club ? Like fook we will.I
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:51 pm wrote:

Nothing new in there at all and certainly nothing we wouldn't have known before talking to the lad.

What are we expecting anyway when we are trying to sign players that have suffered serious injuries. Is it because we can use it as leverage to lower the price ?  :nod damn right it is .

It will be interesting to see what we do with ings this year :nod will we entertain the same carry on from another club ? Like fook we will.I

Time for Ings to go....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am

No doubt about the fella's quality BUT for the money being asked his "knee problem" is a concern.

Had a look at his injury record.

After his catastrophic injury in the 2015/2016 season which put him out for seven months he seemed to bounce back and in the 2016/2017 season was sidelined for just three weeks with knee injury.
However, in the 2017/2018 he was sidelined from end of February to early April once again with a knee problem.
Given the rigours of the premiership I don't blame the club for having second thoughts about signing him. He may well have gone on to become a great player for us but on the other hand we could have ended up with another "Sturridge" .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:59 am

I think it's really a question of how well the surgery and rehab went after the initial injury. He may well have played 40 odd games last year but the question is how likely is it that he's still got 10 years of his career to go. Ledley King retired at 31 having played less and less in his final few years. We don't want a situation like that and only the medical people who have seen scans of the knee can make a call.
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:51 am wrote:No doubt about the fella's quality BUT for the money being asked his "knee problem" is a concern.

Had a look at his injury record.

After his catastrophic injury in the 2015/2016 season which put him out for seven months he seemed to bounce back and in the 2016/2017 season was sidelined for just three weeks with knee injury.
However, in the 2017/2018 he was sidelined from end of February to early April once again with a knee problem.
Given the rigours of the premiership I don't blame the club for having second thoughts about signing him. He may well have gone on to become a great player for us but on the other hand we could have ended up with another "Sturridge" .

...Best to walk away then from the deal then. A lot of people are very apprehensive about signing him.

On the other hand though, what's to stop firmino or Salah getting a similar type injury next season and get a big lay off!??

Injuries can happen to any player in any game, look at Oxlaide Chamberlain!   Got a bad knee injury, then out for a few months!

Can happen to any player...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Ox missed 140 days with a knee injury in 13/14.  Another 39 days the year after with another knee injury. The season after that another knee injury with 66 days out. Now he has ruptured his acl and somehow we are supposed to believe he will come back stronger  :eyebrow

Dont seem to recall us seeking a second opinion then in what was probably the biggest fee ever spent on a lad with 12 months left to run on his contract.

This is the same stuff every year where the manager gives a list of players he believes will win us a league but again the club conjures up a reason not to get what he wants.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:44 am

Don’t know much about him , do people in England say “fecker” as a slightly more polite version of a curse word ?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Not ever seen much of him. But based on his assist and goal tonight i’d not be surprised to see him in the Premier League sometime soon. Sadly unlikely to be for us. Just wish we knew what went on
red_indian

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:00 am

I reckon money had something to do with it, 50m for someone with a potentially dodgy knee or 12m on a player who is used to the PL
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 am

Fekim if he goes elsewhere. Can see him replacing Sturridge and Origi at end of the season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 pm

He is a decent player who played well against City and he would have fitted in here  :nod There looked to be absolutely nothing wrong with his fitness in that game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:23 pm

You're right, he's a great player until his knee explodes.  I had an MRI on my knees a few months ago which resulted in a 6 page report - lets just pretend for a moment that LFC are as professional.... In Klopp we trust.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 pm wrote:There looked to be absolutely nothing wrong with his fitness in that game.

It's not his fitness that's the problem, but rather the big odds of him injuring his knee again and basically ending his career.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:21 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am wrote:He is a decent player who played well against City and he would have fitted in here  :nod There looked to be absolutely nothing wrong with his fitness in that game.

It’s nothing to do with fitness. It’s about the likelihood of another knee injury and how quickly his knee will degenerate, and if he’ll have to retire earlier than most other players. It’s up to the medical people along with the football people to make a call on it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion