Stepping - Steps

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:50 pm

Reg wrote:Rafa has maintained the cup success with 5 consecutive semifinal and better CL seasons

Please expand because that doesn't make sense

04/05 CL Winners
05/06 CL LAST SIXTEEN
06/07 CL Runners-Up
07/08 CL Semi-Finalists
08/09 CL LAST SIXTEEN

If you meant four it still isn't because we lost to Benfica. I can't see what else you're talking about, can't see any room for me to be misreading what you're saying/claiming.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Jose Mourinho. Once known as Satan and a sleezy, dirty little arrogant man amongst the faithful brethren of LFC's all knowing, supremely devoted fans. Nowadays, Mr Mourinho is the subject matter of masturbation amonst some. He is the second coming. Our messiah. The one to end all our strife. We bow own to your greatness, Mr Mourinho. Come to us and save us from our ficklness. Save us from the nasty Alex Ferguson. We'll kiss your feet and suck you off. Please come. Pretty please with plenty of sugar on top.

Fuck off!

Have you got the right thread mate?

Since it's here though, it does kind of demonstrate the point.

What point is that? Doesn't matter where I posted that. It's on this forum and that's what matters. The maturbatory attention that another manager of another team is getting on here is simply sickening. Last time I checked, a man called Rafael Benitez was boss of Liverpool FC. Not Jose Mourinho. Now, unless the day ever comes if Mr Mourinho does by some chance come and take over as manager of Liverpool, I'll be supportive of his plans. Until then, Rafa is boss. End of.

The first post came in last night before I went to bed, and I was a bit nonplussed by the whole thing. The second came in after I'd gone, so lets have a wee look this morning.

Going through the first bit, about Mourinho being Satan amongst "the faithful brethren of LFC's all knowing, supremely devoted fans". High praise indeed. In other words I guess if you think Mourinho is a good manager (despite perhaps being "satan"  :laugh:) then you neither faithful, supremely devoted, nor all knowiing. In other words, you are a clueless c... who isn't a real supporter :D. It's one of your better efforts Emerald this I'll give you that.

Then we move on and talk about anybody who rates Mourinho making him the "subject matter of masterbation" , who can " save us from our fickleness (because by definition if you rate Mourinho as a football manager you are fickle, obviously). And if he becomes our manager (which he won't but anyway), those that rate him will kiss his feet and  "suck him off" .

Oh, and we can feck off as well.

As to your point that "Doesn't matter where you posted that" I guess it doesn't really when you think about it, and certainly not once you've read it. It just seemed a bit random where you did post it that's all. My point being that when people have openly discussed Mourinho, it's usually been in the Mourinho thread in "Premiership General Discussion". The thread is actually called "Mourinho" so most people have posted about him in there. Otherwise, the vast majority of references to him have appeared in threads or polls about the new manager should there be one, such as the one started by GYBS.

Why is it not sufficient though to post up whenever you see his name mentioned that you don't like him, can't stand him, don't rate him etc? You might even like to bring up the specific parts of his record which you think don't stand up, or alternatively you might think that you can't be bothered to talk about him at all. Whichever way you go with it, there surely has to be a better way than launching into a discussion which was absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Mourinho in any way shape of form whatsoever, and reveal that you think anyone who thinks he's a good manager is "fickle" and wants to suck his c0ck.

Even by your own standards this was an odd post, and even by this forums standards that was a strange passage of play all round.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:33 pm

bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Jose Mourinho. Once known as Satan and a sleezy, dirty little arrogant man amongst the faithful brethren of LFC's all knowing, supremely devoted fans. Nowadays, Mr Mourinho is the subject matter of masturbation amonst some. He is the second coming. Our messiah. The one to end all our strife. We bow own to your greatness, Mr Mourinho. Come to us and save us from our ficklness. Save us from the nasty Alex Ferguson. We'll kiss your feet and suck you off. Please come. Pretty please with plenty of sugar on top.

Fuck off!

Have you got the right thread mate?

Since it's here though, it does kind of demonstrate the point.

What point is that? Doesn't matter where I posted that. It's on this forum and that's what matters. The maturbatory attention that another manager of another team is getting on here is simply sickening. Last time I checked, a man called Rafael Benitez was boss of Liverpool FC. Not Jose Mourinho. Now, unless the day ever comes if Mr Mourinho does by some chance come and take over as manager of Liverpool, I'll be supportive of his plans. Until then, Rafa is boss. End of.

The first post came in last night before I went to bed, and I was a bit nonplussed by the whole thing. The second came in after I'd gone, so lets have a wee look this morning.

Going through the first bit, about Mourinho being Satan amongst "the faithful brethren of LFC's all knowing, supremely devoted fans". High praise indeed. In other words I guess if you think Mourinho is a good manager (despite perhaps being "satan"  :laugh:) then you neither faithful, supremely devoted, nor all knowiing. In other words, you are a clueless c... who isn't a real supporter :D. It's one of your better efforts Emerald this I'll give you that.

Then we move on and talk about anybody who rates Mourinho making him the "subject matter of masterbation" , who can " save us from our fickleness (because by definition if you rate Mourinho as a football manager you are fickle, obviously). And if he becomes our manager (which he won't but anyway), those that rate him will kiss his feet and  "suck him off" .

Oh, and we can feck off as well.

As to your point that "Doesn't matter where you posted that" I guess it doesn't really when you think about it, and certainly not once you've read it. It just seemed a bit random where you did post it that's all. My point being that when people have openly discussed Mourinho, it's usually been in the Mourinho thread in "Premiership General Discussion". The thread is actually called "Mourinho" so most people have posted about him in there. Otherwise, the vast majority of references to him have appeared in threads or polls about the new manager should there be one, such as the one started by GYBS.

Why is it not sufficient though to post up whenever you see his name mentioned that you don't like him, can't stand him, don't rate him etc? You might even like to bring up the specific parts of his record which you think don't stand up, or alternatively you might think that you can't be bothered to talk about him at all. Whichever way you go with it, there surely has to be a better way than launching into a discussion which was absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Mourinho in any way shape of form whatsoever, and reveal that you think anyone who thinks he's a good manager is "fickle" and wants to suck his c0ck.

Even by your own standards this was an odd post, and even by this forums standards that was a strange passage of play all round.

Mick, you look into things far too much.  :laugh: There are no real grey areas in that post that I made. Nothing between the lines. Just me vioceing an opinion in a satirical manner.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Ah satire, I get it now. Saying that people didn't just rate him as a manager, but they wanted to suck Mourinho's c.ock and masterbate over him, then telling them to f.ck off was satire. Sorry I missed it.

Tell the truth I wasn't really on about the abusive slant of the post, it was more the randomness of where and when it cropped up. We were at the time in the middle of the age old debate about who's more abusive, the anti's or the pro's. We all know the answer of course, but it's a little charade we go through every now and then, we debate it to keep things interesting. Pro's claim that someone once called them bighead, and the anti's point out that they've been called a c... who talks sh!t, been told to feck off and support someone else many times, been called a fecking w@nker etc. Then we compare which is worst, everyone rubs their chin and we agree to differ.

Anyway, we were well down that well trodden path and suddenly out of leftfield you tirade/satire against all things Mourinho and anyone who rates him popped up. That was the only reason I even mentioned it, it just seemed like me going on about Zico in the takeover thread. Just a bit odd.

Anyway as long it was all satire (who said it was dead :D ) that's fine.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 pm

We all know the answer ? and pros claim to be insulted yet antis are definatly being insulted ? jesus mick i have heard of red tinted specs but never anti tinted specs . For once see the other side of the story and not be tunnel vision down to just what happens to you .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:52 pm

GYBS wrote:jesus mick i have heard of red tinted specs but never anti tinted specs .

Well you wouldn't would you, because red is a colour with which you can presumebaly tint glass. You can't tint glass though with "anti", which is probably why you've never heard of it. My guess is you won't anymore either  :D

On the question of "abuse", I did say the debate is a charade which we revisit from time to time, it is and we do. We can't do it every day though as it gets boring. I'll take it as red (not tinted, just as a given) that you disagree, so we'll agree to differ. No doubt in a couple of weeks it'll come up again, and we can go through it all once more.

I think what sparked iot off this time around was you telling RBG to "watch himself  :D " because he started a pro Rafa thread. He got absolutely shedloads of abuse for it didn't he  :laugh: . We'll come back to it mate, but not now.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Or maybe that was called a bit of sarcasim and maybe just a light bit of humour which the thread starter understood yet some people just have to take everything that is posted seriously and then write a 7 page story about such attempt at humour .

People have been abused for being anti rafa and people have been abused for being pro rafa - simple as that mick - its nice and even on both sides .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:05 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:you better watch yourself mate as it looks like your being positive towards the manager and backing him .

Great to see in my eyes

I don't think RBG has to watch himself mate, why should he? He's advanced an opinion that he believes in the manager, and that he hopes he stays and brings success to the club. I can't see anything at all wrong with that.

I don't FWIW agree with him that Rafa will bring that success, but why has he got to "watch himself"  :D  :laugh: There's only one side of the debate on here which frequently resorts to abuse and belittlement of the poster rather than his point of view, and RBG is on the same team as those people so he'll be perfectly safe  :) .

As a real fan myself, I hope you are right on the manager bringing us success RBG because I do think we will have at least two more seasons of Rafa. Unlike you though, I think that scenario will prove to be a disaster, but we'll see.

There was only one sarcastic and lightly humorous post out of these two mate, sorry  :D .

So so far on this thread, I've missed sarcasm, light humour and satire. I really must get up earlier in the morning.

Look, lets not misunderstand each other here GYBS. I don't mind Emeralds post at all, I actuially quite like him as a poster. I don't mind anyof your posts at all, it's all good. You say that some pro's get abuse, as do some anti's, well i've certainly seen Sabre cop some from time to time so it's all good we agree. We'll come back and have a better debate about it in a coupe of weeks.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion