Stepping - Steps

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Im truly apologetic in my apparently wasted faith in Rafa ,you see I like to see the good in people ,especially people who I consider to have Liverpool's best interests at heart .
If Rafa had the team he wanted then our defence for example would include such custodians as Evra ,Vidic ,Alves .
Midfield I think is Rafa's choice albeit Barry and maybe Silva .
Strikers would be Torres paired with the formidable Aguero or Villa who Liverpool's heirarchy deemed both unknown quantities and considered not worth investment, oh for such foresight .
So what I can so far conclude is Rafa's proposals to the said board have been dismissed  offhand and treated with genuine disinterest .
In point of fact ,its an enigma why Benitez has stuck around so long ,with such obvious contempt from boardroom level strewn in his every direction .
As from day one Rafa has battled against media backlash ,who couldn't simply fathom why the genuine fans showed such abiding faith,lets not put any spin on this Fleet St hated this reaction and were baffled by our unity .
I look on this forum and I see conjecture and ridicule heaped against Benitez when all he has ever done is for the best and the future of Liverpool football club ,sometimes it is better to give your adversaries room to make mistakes .
We need owners that will support the belief Rafa has in the club and the fans that will continue to not waver in the face of adversity, fans that wont deliver Fleet Streets finest hour into their zealous laps .
These are the steps that  need to be taken to see Liverpool achieve progression ,there is something comforting about adopting a siege mentality ,see maybe ,just maybe Rafa is simply still here because of us the fans ......
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Again I find myself apologizing "Genuine Fans" ...  :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

you better watch yourself mate as it looks like your being positive towards the manager and backing him .

Great to see in my eyes
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks for the warning fella ,but I live for analytical debate . :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

top stuff. too many haters and non believers on here.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Im truly apologetic in my apparently wasted faith in Rafa ,you see I like to see the good in people ,especially people who I consider to have Liverpool's best interests at heart .
If Rafa had the team he wanted then our defence for example would include such custodians as Evra ,Vidic ,Alves .
Strikers would be Torres paired with the formidable Aguero or Villa who Liverpool's heirarchy deemed both unknown quantities and considered not worth investment, oh for such foresight .
So what I can so far conclude is Rafa's proposals to the said board have been dismissed  offhand and treated with genuine disinterest .
In point of fact ,its an enigma why Benitez has stuck around so long ,with such obvious contempt from boardroom level strewn in his every direction .
As from day one Rafa has battled against media backlash ,who couldn't simply fathom why the genuine fans showed such abiding faith,lets not put any spin on this Fleet St hated this reaction and were baffled by our unity .
I look on this forum and I see conjecture and ridicule heaped against Benitez when all he has ever done is for the best and the future of Liverpool football club ,sometimes it is better to give your adversaries room to make mistakes .
We need owners that will support the belief Rafa has in the club and the fans that will continue to not waver in the face of adversity, fans that wont deliver Fleet Streets finest hour into their zealous laps .
These are the steps that  need to be taken to see Liverpool achieve progression ,there is something comforting about adopting a siege mentality ,see maybe ,just maybe Rafa is simply still here because of us the fans ......

Although full of unecassary sarcasm and poor atempts at humour I would have to agree with what your saying.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Im truly apologetic in my apparently wasted faith in Rafa ,you see I like to see the good in people ,especially people who I consider to have Liverpool's best interests at heart .

Yeah but the goaties got to go!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby oreilly » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree with lots of the points made but rafa has shown pure arrogance in lots of his decisions ( through out the five years) recent ones.........Srktel at right back ? Leaving Yossi out after scoring a goal...... dropping robbie keane after 3 goals in 2 games ,,,, taking gerrard off with 5 minutes to go and sticking on a lesser player...dropping torres for matches. these are just a few, rafa thinks football is a science - believes players like kuyt and babel can suddenly play positions they have never played in ........ I don't think many would argue that rafa has not had his first choice of players ( but really who knows the full story) but neither has david moyes or martin o neill......... you can make  all the excuses you like but at the end of the day , the league is gone and we play boring football... too many people see benitez as a lovely girlfriend and wudnt like to see him go cus of that.....lots are not happy with him......  people turned on Houllier in a similiar position - that man almost died for the club........... Benitez has had the privilege of having the worlds greatest player to dig him out for 5 years........if gerrard did leave a few seasons back, i wonder would benitez still be here??!

I wont try and convince anyone but thats my view.........I like Benitez and know that his family loves the place but does that mean we should look past his many flaws???!

Don't be deserve a manager who plays classy positive football???
I dont want Benitez or Mourinho....I want a manager who tells his players to go out and kill the opposition , dont delay , attack together and defend together !
oreilly

Postby Salty Sock » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:50 am

I have to agree and I must say you are on a path here that shows trouted promise. I had to read your post a few times to understand exactly what you were saying, but in the end can be mitagitent result. :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby DAV » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 am

what an amusing post.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:03 am

GYBS wrote:you better watch yourself mate as it looks like your being positive towards the manager and backing him .

Great to see in my eyes

I don't think RBG has to watch himself mate, why should he? He's advanced an opinion that he believes in the manager, and that he hopes he stays and brings success to the club. I can't see anything at all wrong with that.

I don't FWIW agree with him that Rafa will bring that success, but why has he got to "watch himself"  :D  :laugh: There's only one side of the debate on here which frequently resorts to abuse and belittlement of the poster rather than his point of view, and RBG is on the same team as those people so he'll be perfectly safe  :) .

As a real fan myself, I hope you are right on the manager bringing us success RBG because I do think we will have at least two more seasons of Rafa. Unlike you though, I think that scenario will prove to be a disaster, but we'll see.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:29 pm

bigmick wrote:As a real fan myself, I hope you are right on the manager bringing us success RBG because I do think we will have at least two more seasons of Rafa. Unlike you though, I think that scenario will prove to be a disaster, but we'll see.

I think he's had ample time to show what he's capable of achieving so further time will probably result in much the same. We may progressively inch upwards in terms of points, but the fact is we've been well behind the Champions in terms of points so we need a bit more than inching. Champions League he's proved himself in, nothing more to prove there.

I've shown the stats, I won't put them out in full again, but we're drawing too many games and not winning enough. Plenty on here have observed that we lack creativity and we've seen no signs of the players we need being signed in a hurry. From a personal best kind of perspective, Rafa is setting some new ones and ones for the club. But only in terms of compared to other clubs. I may have to work on our start to the season compared to the last five of our league titles, although times have changed and we need to beat the mancs and Chelsea, not bitters and also-rans of yesteryear. We need to beat the mancs' points, not our own past totals which were miles off being good enough.

Personal improvement is admirable, but Rafa came here to bridge the gap completely not build three quarters of a bridge and say "close enough"
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:22 pm

its nice and simple mick - he has shown a positive attitude towards the manager and that on here at the moment is a big no no in the eyes of a few and goes against a lot of peoples ideas and its great to see from a poster to be positive about the manager , it makes a refreshing change to the normal negative bull shi t
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:35 pm

GYBS wrote:its nice and simple mick - he has shown a positive attitude towards the manager and that on here at the moment is a big no no in the eyes of a few and goes against a lot of peoples ideas and its great to see from a poster to be positive about the manager , it makes a refreshing change to the normal negative bull shi t

:laugh: You see there you go, "the usual negative bullsh!t"  :D . RBG has "a positive attitude", whereas people who disagree with him talk "negative bullsh!t".

I didn't say that some people won't disagree with him, I do myself. I was simply making the point that provided you are pro Rafa, you won't in the main come in for personal abuse, told to feck off, told you're not a real fan etc.

Nor should you, you're entitled to your opinion. Your right in that respect, it is quite simple  :) .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:15 pm

the prob is mate the people who do support rafa do get plenty of abuse - clueless fuc kwit , blind , head in sand , sad , pathetic , red tinted specs etc all examples of what people have been called because they dare do that unthinkable thing called support and be positive about the manager players and club .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion