MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:32 pm

watching now... Number 14 Milan Jovanovic... support our player...  :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 pm

FFS subbed because his team mate got red-carded...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 pm

He's just been subbed :D
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:42 pm

If he can add an end product to some of the runs he made today, we'll have a player on our hands. I will reserve judgement until I have watched him a few times.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:If he can add an end product to some of the runs he made today, we'll have a player on our hands. I will reserve judgement until I have watched him a few times.

Much what I was thinking and saying to the Liverpool fan opposite me. End product is something a lot of the pacey wingers that beat their man, and that fans on here want instead of Kuyt, lack.

Like with Beckham, hit enough crosses and one is bound to wow by the law of averages. Like with his eight shots, one on target/reaching target and in the back of the net, free-kick record against Greece in THAT game. For a supposed "world class" free-kick taker, one on or reaching target didn't impress (me)

I assume Rafa intended using him on the left. No matter what you think of Babel or Riera, do either of them boast a particularly strong "end product" ?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 am

Owzat wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:If he can add an end product to some of the runs he made today, we'll have a player on our hands. I will reserve judgement until I have watched him a few times.

Much what I was thinking and saying to the Liverpool fan opposite me. End product is something a lot of the pacey wingers that beat their man, and that fans on here want instead of Kuyt, lack.

Like with Beckham, hit enough crosses and one is bound to wow by the law of averages. Like with his eight shots, one on target/reaching target and in the back of the net, free-kick record against Greece in THAT game. For a supposed "world class" free-kick taker, one on or reaching target didn't impress (me)

I assume Rafa intended using him on the left. No matter what you think of Babel or Riera, do either of them boast a particularly strong "end product" ?

Babel's end product tends to be a 300mph rocket into row R of the Centenary stand.

Riera is more of a link-up wide midfielder than an out-and-out winger. Much more comfortable passing in field 10 yards than hitting a cross from 40. Very classy player, Riera, if no World-beater - pity he couldn't keep his gob shut.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Riera is more of a link-up wide midfielder than an out-and-out winger. Much more comfortable passing in field 10 yards than hitting a cross from 40. Very classy player, Riera, if no World-beater - pity he couldn't keep his gob shut.

So what are you suggesting his end product was then.........................?

Babel's wasn't an end product, more "end of possession" guarantee
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Agreed. But I wouldn't hold out too much hope on him suddenly improving his finishing. It's a bit like when we said 'if Sissoko learns to pass he will be a monster ect'. There is a reason he is free. He could still be useful for us but we really need to focus on getting an established striker in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Agreed. But I wouldn't hold out too much hope on him suddenly improving his finishing. It's a bit like when we said 'if Sissoko learns to pass he will be a monster ect'. There is a reason he is free. He could still be useful for us but we really need to focus on getting an established striker in.

to be fair, he could probably replace Babel. I mean, he can't be any worse  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Is he actually a Liverpool player yet ?
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Dont think hes officially signed on. Looks like he may have agreed a deal and terms in principal but that was when Benitez was in charge. Good idea at the time, decent contract offer at that moment I assume and insurance for him. The lad may still want to play in Premiership and sign on with us but then again hes open to other offers and with Rafa now in Milan and world cup games to impress hes plenty options I would imagine. You never know but its not nailed on.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 pm

parchpea wrote:Dont think hes officially signed on. Looks like he may have agreed a deal and terms in principal but that was when Benitez was in charge. Good idea at the time, decent contract offer at that moment I assume and insurance for him. The lad may still want to play in Premiership and sign on with us but then again hes open to other offers and with Rafa now in Milan and world cup games to impress hes plenty options I would imagine. You never know but its not nailed on.

exactly what i was thinking.
havent heard much regarding him of late so its probably like everything else.
up in the fuk1n air!!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

This lad reckons he wont break his pre contract agreement with Liverpool despite Benitez moving on so lets hope hes good as his word. Good news  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:11 pm

He's just scored for Serbia, not a fantastic goal or anything but all a bit more encouraging that he may be a good little player for us. :)
Fauxy

Postby TheLad » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Good goal from our new lad, his 14th in the national team. Looking forward seeing him in a red shirt.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion