MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby inglis5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Just hit the post. Seems a decent player.
inglis5

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Ooooo he's just nearly scored another!

Really good shot, hit the post.
Fauxy

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:04 pm

i like the look of him,especially for a free too

for me the best attacker on show in this game
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 pm

To say this Guy wears his heart on his sleeve would be an understatement ... I love players that are this passionate about football because these days its as rare as rocking horse shit ,have a feeling Milan is going to become a favourite of the Kop :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Krasic and Zigic did most of the work for his goal today but still he scored a goal against Germany, almost scored two actully.I think that he will be fine here, at least better than Voronin.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:05 am

He could be a decent player for us and can play in more than one position. I just hope he hasn't changed his mind about signing for us.
leep33

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 am

To put the Germans into perspective, everyone raved about their performance against the aussies but the aussies were awful. Just can't understand how Serbia could lose to Ghana then beat Germany, I told the gorgeous gal who got Serbia in our office sweepstake they could get to the QFs.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Saturdays Liverpool echo

MILAN JOVANOVIC has given his word that he intends to join Liverpool – as the Reds unveiled their plans for pre-season.

The Serbian forward, who announced himself on the World Cup yesterday by scoring the winning goal against Germany, has been on Liverpool’s radar since January.

With his contract running out at Standard Liege, the Reds put in the groundwork to ensure they beat off competition from clubs around Europe to land his signature.

When Rafa Benitez left Anfield earlier this month, though, there was a slight doubt about whether the move would go ahead.

Liverpool, however, made it clear they wanted to sign a man who can also play on the left and insisted Benitez’s departure would not deter them from pressing on.

Personal terms have been agreed and Jovanovic has passed a medical and the only thing that needs to be done is the formality of completing a work permit.
Now Jovanovic has made similar noises and, once Serbia’s World Cup campaign has come to an end, he will be unveiled as the Reds’ first senior signing of the summer.

“I will not break the contract because Benitez has left,” Jovanovic confirmed.

It remains unclear when Jovanovic will be seen in a Red shirt but supporters can now start to think about when they might watch the team in the coming weeks.

The club announced yesterday a series of friendlies next month, starting with a clash against Saudi Arabian champions Al Hilal in Austria on Saturday, July 17. They then face a game against Swiss side Grasshoppers on July 21 before finishing their mini tour of Europe by playing Kaiserslautern in Germany on July 24.

Their Europa League campaign begins on July 29 and they then have a game against Borussia Moenchengladbach on August 1 before the second leg of the Europa League qualifier on August 6

I don't think he would be short on takers if he turned down the advances of Liverpool ,so I guess We have snatched ourselves a decent player here .... yet another parting gift from Benitez :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 pm

:) sounds good
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:34 pm

How did he play the other night against Germany? I had a meeting at work so missed the whole game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm

He was good, looked very good going forward. Wasnt afraid to take on the fullback and get into the box to get on the end of things. Was unfortunate not to score 2 or 3!
Fauxy

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:15 pm

I've been impressed from what I've seen so far.

He's exactly the type of player we need at the moment. He can play left wing while he can also offer an alternative up front.

I'm still sceptical about judging players on a few World Cup performances though. The words El Hadji Diouf spring to mind. :sniffle
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:37 pm

stmichael wrote:I'm still sceptical about judging players on a few World Cup performances though. The words El Hadji Diouf spring to mind. :sniffle

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Milan Jovanovic has revealed he could pull out of his move to Liverpool.

The Serbia striker, whose contract at Standard Liege came to an end this summer, signed a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool in February.

However, speculation has been rife that former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, now at Inter Milan, would attempt to ambush the deal.

And Jovanovic has hinted he could decide to follow Benitez to the San Siro.

"There is an agreement signed with Liverpool, but if either party wants to end it, it's not impossible," said the 29-year-old in quotes reported on Tuttomercatoweb.com.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:17 am

footballer just can't shut their effing mouths

Mr. Jovanovic ur 28 and haven't done anything worth while in your career to date , joining liverpool would be the pinnacle of your career......
Maickito

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion