MILAN JOVANOVIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leep33 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:06 pm

From what i have seen he looks a good player, we need to give him a chance and lets not forget he hasn't cost a transfer fee.
leep33

Postby Waldo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I take the point about the Belgian league being sh*te and the potential for this to be another Voronin deal but this guy looks to be a lot better than Voronin. He looks more of an attacking MF rather than a striker from the highlights.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:44 am

Waldo wrote:I take the point about the Belgian league being sh*te and the potential for this to be another Voronin deal but this guy looks to be a lot better than Voronin. He looks more of an attacking MF rather than a striker from the highlights.

Yes mate thats the thing about people judging him on amount off goals scored, he plays down the left alot I was told by a standard fan a week or so ago when this was first in the news.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 am

Scottbot wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Ray Pugh wrote:This stinks of a Voronin deal to me.
He is 28 years old and is playing for Standard Liege!!!

I truly hope not and that he turns out to be a steal.........time will tell

I would be happy with this deal if we sign a top notch striker as well

I don't know much about the player but I get the impression this lad is rated a little more highly than the Voronator. Liege have out together a decent side the past few years, we were very lucky to beat them in last year's champ qualifier and they stuffed Everton in the UEFA Cup last season.

We're skint so it's good to see us going in for a few Bosmans like this lad and the French boy who looks to be heading Arsenal's way. We haven't made the most of Bosman's over the years, Markus Babel is the only successful one I can think of.

Wasnt Mcallister on a free?

Yep! Don't why but I always think of Bosmans as Foreign players! If only we could have ourselves another Gary Mac on the cheap eh :(

Seconded bud.
I think if Aurelio had better luck with injurys he would be thought of as a great free instead of a good one. He has so many short term lay offs he finds it hard to play his self into form before he`s out again.
I dont think its any coinsidence that when he had a good run injury free last season we were playing some of the best stuff we have under rafa.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am

I have to agree with some of the fears about Jovanovic, his record, his age and also the fact he plays in Belgium but i hope that he proves us all wrong and turns out to be a great forward....but you can understand the reservations at the moment.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 pm

leep33 wrote:From what i have seen he looks a good player, we need to give him a chance and lets not forget he hasn't cost a transfer fee.

Still costs a salary though plus puts a dent in the aspirations of our many many youngsters..
heimdall

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 pm

his total career goal record is good though considering he plays left sided winger/attacker alot of the time

i like serbians, the best ones are normally top class

i think well be suprised at this guy
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby xxTorresxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 pm

He takes penalties for Standard so without them his goal record wouldn't look as impressive
xxTorresxx

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:15 pm

xxTorresxx wrote:He takes penalties for Standard so without them his goal record wouldn't look as impressive

Neither would diving portugeser's, van noodleboy's, Gerrard's, fat frank's, Bent's etc.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Owzat wrote:
xxTorresxx wrote:He takes penalties for Standard so without them his goal record wouldn't look as impressive

Neither would diving portugeser's, van noodleboy's, Gerrard's, fat frank's, Bent's etc.

Excatly, it makes it look like an even worse deal
xxTorresxx

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

give the lad a chance before laying into him. geez, he hasn't even kicked a ball and he's labelled a flop
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

xxTorresxx wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Explain?
How many pens did he take last year? And this?
You do understand he`s been playing more in midfeild than attack?
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xxTorresxx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 am

Rush Job wrote:
xxTorresxx wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Explain?
How many pens did he take last year? And this?
You do understand he`s been playing more in midfeild than attack?

Im not wasting my time looking for how many pens he took last season. I'd much rather watch Nick Cannon's Wild n' out like I am now.

Kuyt scored alot of goals last season playing in midfield, it can be done.
xxTorresxx

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 am

JoeTerp

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 am

Tidy player and its on a free could do a job in midfield or when he needs to fill in for torres , we still need a proper left winger though and another top class striker
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion