Midway review of underperforming players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:28 am

listen to yourself dishing out the warnings and saying how you get rid of the manc scum of the board.  need to get a life.  i cant help if i speak the truth and all you armchair reds dont like it[/quote]
Just f**k off will you, go back to the blue sh1t3 forum!!

It's located here:

www.broke-ar5e-club.com

or

www.cant-afford-a-new-ground.co.uk

think you'll find liverpool seem to be having a bit of trouble with finances at the moment. 21m losses last year wasnt it?   :laugh: This statement proves you are a bluenose jealous get it stinks of it, every post you mention everton, funny enough you make an appearence after the derby isnt it ??? .
We know our club has financial trouble, but there will be funds available for Rafa, unlike everton who sold Rooney to get cash, guess what pal, we wana keep Gerrard even if we can get 30 mill for him :;): .
Yer the pating on the back I seen that It reminded me of my watching my local pub team from the side lines :D
MUPPET :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1102639321 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:57 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
dapioneer wrote:or the norweigans arent buying enough shirts, or when liverpool have a bad run there are thousands of empty seats about.

whats are avg of filled seats
isnt it around 40000

should be 45,500 filled seats shouldnt they
100-1102639321

Postby 100-1102639321 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:59 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:listen to yourself dishing out the warnings and saying how you get rid of the manc scum of the board.  need to get a life.  i cant help if i speak the truth and all you armchair reds dont like it

It's located here:

www.broke-ar5e-club.com

or

think you'll find liverpool seem to be having a bit of trouble with finances at the moment. 21m losses last year wasnt it?   :laugh: This statement proves you are a bluenose jealous get it stinks of it, every post you mention everton, funny enough you make an appearence after the derby isnt it ??? .
We know our club has financial trouble, but there will be funds available for Rafa, unlike everton who sold Rooney to get cash, guess what pal, we wana keep Gerrard even if we can get 30 mill for him :;): .
Yer the pating on the back I seen that It reminded me of my watching my local pub team from the side lines :D
MUPPET :glare:[/quote]
like a give a W*nk.

a lot of reds on here are naive.  thinking that a few signing is gonna sort things out.  doubt we'll win the league in the next 10 years
100-1102639321

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:06 pm

You clearly do not support Liverpool.  You're a bunch of ar$e.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:10 pm

dapioneer wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:listen to yourself dishing out the warnings and saying how you get rid of the manc scum of the board.  need to get a life.  i cant help if i speak the truth and all you armchair reds dont like it

It's located here:

www.broke-ar5e-club.com

or

MUPPET :glare:

like a give a W*nk.

a lot of reds on here are naive.  thinking that a few signing is gonna sort things out.  doubt we'll win the league in the next 10 years[/quote]
MUPPET
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 100-1102639321 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:12 pm

whatever, but you lot were probobly like this when houllier was here, talking ****** like we'l win the league next year
100-1102639321

Postby polygemus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:04 pm

Whoa I been away for 2 days and there's 50 posts (well most of the posts got nothing to do with the discussion of the players' performance) and a war of words has erupted.....

the players dont even seem to be close as in friendship they probably get along with each other but i cant see much togetherness on the pitch as we see with the current Everton side everytime a pass went astray or something didnt come of as it should have in the Everton game Gerrard was putting head down or abusing a team mate and didnt look happy at all which i think rubs of o the other players. But a team thats not together off the pitch will not play together on it.

Sharp observation Lili. Very good.

do you seriously think we brought luis garcia to track back and tackle? he's an out and out attacking player who should be left to do his work between the half way line and the oppositions goal.

So stmichael your opinion is that in the modern game strikers and players who played in the hole behind the strikers should be playing according to your style? Hmmm interesting, forwards who totally need not defend.....
polygemus

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:27 pm

All i can say is, Luis Garcia is great, he gets played on the right and still scores 3 goals from midfield is good so far. I agree Josemi is pants he is very lazy and does get cought out a lot. Kirkland is still young for a goalkeeper going by current goalkeepers in the premiership kirkland has still got about 17 years left in him thats a hell of a long time. Traore was pants but this season he has played himself out of pantsness same as biscan.

leave the squad alone we have a good squad, i agree we need more players tho.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:30 pm

polygemus wrote:So stmichael your opinion is that in the modern game strikers and players who played in the hole behind the strikers should be playing according to your style? Hmmm interesting, forwards who totally need not defend.....

tracking back has nothing to do with style of play. luis garcia is not built for the physical side of the game. leave that to the likes of hamann, gerrard, alonso etc. he has a specific role assigned to him by the manager which entails scoring and creating goals so leave him to do that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:02 pm

dapioneer wrote:my signature of i support my local team is because i work in the main stand or the kop, and it aggrevates me to see people who live miles away not supporting their local teams.  that the reason lower league teams have trouble keeping their heads above water cos all there local fans are at anfield or old trafford.

I think if you go back in history (when football first started), you will find that it was not about the fans it was about the players. You know " our local lads play football better than your local lads."

Football has changed a lot, and if players from outside the community play in the team then you must accept that fans from outside the community will support.

It was all about the players, the fans were an after-thought.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:11 pm

stmichael wrote:
polygemus wrote:So stmichael your opinion is that in the modern game strikers and players who played in the hole behind the strikers should be playing according to your style? Hmmm interesting, forwards who totally need not defend.....

tracking back has nothing to do with style of play. luis garcia is not built for the physical side of the game. leave that to the likes of hamann, gerrard, alonso etc. he has a specific role assigned to him by the manager which entails scoring and creating goals so leave him to do that.

It is not always good for an attacker to always track back as he may be out of position when needed. Also with Garcia staying up (on other teams' corners for example) he will occupy two players at least (three with the keeper).

I was sick of Heskey being our best defender last year. Attackers score or set up goals. Defender and midfielders track back.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:05 am

HI PEOPLE

UNDER-PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE either way is still a phenomenon that must be addressed quickly. There is no room for sentiment in football. If you dont perform be ready to leave.

Harry Kewell
Salif Diao
Dietmar Hamman
Millan Baros
Josemi
Kirkland

They must be reshuffled. Bring in Warnock,Finnan Henchoz,Ponggole, Mellor, Patridge, Ostemabor. They are young and achieving. Pongole must improve. 

Kirkland has not kept clean sheet. He is very nervous.Dudek is better.

Josemi is often at the wrong place. He cant get to the strikers. He usually get frustrated and rough because he cant get the ball away.

Millan Baros runs fast but yet can't get the ball in the net right. He is the most expected to score.Yet most of the  time he doesn't.

Hamman Kewell and Diao. The trio kill Lilverpool's mid field. Replace them with young players. Let them experience with Gerrald Alonso and Garcia. They'll surely improve. And even if they dont, excuse their inexperience.. ..(lol).

Steve Finnan is very calm. He gets the ball, passes right and delivers long ball well.

A player must not get nervous. Traore is the kind of good defender but gets nervous and eventually looses the ball. He should not go forward. He can be a good defender(provided he works on his long ball deliver) and stay back.To my surprise he has not conceded a penanlty this season.

:suspect:
hobbes

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:28 am

Millan Baros runs fast but yet can't get the ball in the net right. He is the most expected to score.Yet most of the  time he doesn't

Our top goal scorer with 10 goals.

And Hamann has been shielding our back four very well, he's been solid and he deserves a contract extension come this summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ssss » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:36 am

I think (and Im sure many would agree with me that) diao had his best ever game for LFC against everton. That by default would also mean that he too like biscan and traore has improved under rafa, which is great. Should we give diao another chance/time to improve?
ssss

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:12 am

Thats probably the most frightening part about Salif, he did have his best game in a red shirt against Everton. Can he play any better? Marginally I suppose. Had his snapshot gone in he would have probably been the matchwinner. All that said, was he any good? Was there any quality to go with the undoubted effort and application? Not really. Even Igor occasionally does things which make you think that he actually deserves to be a Liverpool player, that he hasn't come first in a keepy-uppy soccer idol type competition on ITV 2 and been awarded a contract.
No, Salif is like the ugly girl at school, tries and tries but ultimately he just aint got it. Doesn't matter how much he runs around he just isn't good enough I'm afraid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion