Game review vs boro - Playing like e big 3 with lesser players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:32 pm

GunGod wrote:
bigmick wrote:Into goal? yes a bloke who can head it into the goal is always handy but my point is that usually 4-5-1 is a system which is employed away from home by teams in an attempt to make themselves more difficult to beat.

Sorry if it sounds like a lecture but it's the way it is, or certainly the way that pretty much the whole of the football world sees it anyhow.

I don't know whether you can trust me on this but i've got a feeling that we will play 4-5-1 at home as well.

of cos in the perfect whole we have a striker that can head, can hold the ball and can get pass central defenders. but who can do that in our ranks now?

and you don't need to be sorry as this is a forum open for discussion.. and i don't think "the whole of the football world" thinks of the same way as you do anyway.  :grinning:

i hope we dont play that at home mate, we have improved under rafa and teams will start to deem a point a good result at anfield and begin to pack their own box. we even saw a little bit of this away at middlesborough. in this scenario i`d think we`d need more natural forwards in the box, not the likes of zenden and garcia floating in and out.
if all the press reports are to be believed and owen does come back i expect us to go 4-4-2 and adopt the classical big target man / little quick bloke system for most of our games.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:34 pm

GunGod wrote:and you don't need to be sorry as this is a forum open for discussion.. and i don't think "the whole of the football world" thinks of the same way as you do anyway.  :grinning:

:D Fair play mate we agree to differ. On the question of 4-5-1 at home, it's an interesting thought. Everton were certainly not frightened of doing it last season (though they did generally have Marcus Bent upfront, excellent at holding it up AND in the air   :D ). Their fans are willing to accept a high  tempo, put it in the mixer, up and at 'em style though and I'm not sure ours would. I actually think that given our current personel it's actually more likely that against anything other than the very top teams he will play 4-3-3, with Riise and Finnan providing the width from the back and Garcia playing off any two from the strikers. Not dissimilar to the way he played a lot of last season only with a fully revved up Gerrard much more difficult to play against.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:44 pm

It's great the way that people expect instantaneous success. This is Raffa's first season as a Premiership manager, last season he was still a La Liga boss in new waters.
The Boro game was a further improvement, even during the course of the game we improved and looked tighter as a team, the results WILL come, don't start questioning every tactic/player I think the  Boss knows better than us. That's called FAITH and I've got it in Raffa.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion