Midway review of underperforming players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:43 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
dapioneer wrote:traore keeps falling over, kewell is rubbish, diao and pongolie are *******ng ******

think we need a mass clear out

You're no fan of Liverpool.

If you are, I want proof, you're starting to get on my nerves with your negative comments. 

You've been here five minutes and have not had one positive thing to say.  I suggest you stop criticising the team if you want a little respect around here.

Your signature of I SUPPORT MY LOCAL TEAM does not convince me.  Neither does the colour Blue you choose to type your posts in. 

The winner for me though is that you have also commented that the banter between the now banned Blue_Santa and bazzaefc was harmless and acceptable, when anyone can see that what they wrote was despicable (by the way, LFC fans are all murderers) and I am ashamed to say that being from Liverpool, I am disgusted that I have to live in the same city as Evertonians such as these two idiots.

An opinion is one thing, which I can respect, but there is something suspicious about your posts I do not like.  You simply have nothing good to say about our club, but defend other clubs in the same sentence. 

If you don't want me to continue scrutinising your posts and giving you a hard time, I suggest the contents of your posts start listing the plus points of our club and players, and pronto.

We've already dealt with one Manc on here who posted just to take the pi$$ all of the time and he slipped up once by mentioning Hysel and hasn't been seen since.

I personally will be watching you like a hawk from now on.

i do support liverpool, i work there as a steward in the main stand and i have been watching them for 18 months now and im not impressed.  i speak to the away fans at the game and every team is confident of taking a point form us.

as for supporting the bluenoses coming on the forum, i dont condone them for calling us murders but they are right when they say they have been the better team this year

and i stand by my arguement that kewell, diao, pongolie and traore are poo

at the moment i am fed up of liverpool football club and the players half hearted approach towards the club.

the only good thing to look foward to is the arrival of new players in january and hopefully a change of attitude because the players have competition for places

im not arsed about you scrutinising my posts but i think it is a bit unfair to expect me to just start posting the good points  of the players and the clubs when they are doing so poorly.
   i think a few people on this forum should realise that liverpool are in a rut at the moment and show no sign of getting out of it.  the result against the greeks only happened because the players were probably warned before hand that the club needs the money.  the team are totally unacceptable in their work ethic and their determination.

my signature of i support my local team is because i work in the main stand or the kop, and it aggrevates me to see people who live miles away not supporting their local teams.  that the reason lower league teams have trouble keeping their heads above water cos all there local fans are at anfield or old trafford.
100-1102639321

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:52 pm

so last season did you all sit there and support houllier and his poor signings such as cheroyu, letallac( or whatever his name was) and diouf
100-1102639321

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:56 pm

diouf and cheyrou should never be allowed near a liverpool shirt again. le tallec is a different matter. i think the guy has a great deal of talent and will be a major part of liverpools future.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:58 pm

What would your employers think of your beliefs that no local fans shouldn't attend? Your employers are only too happy to take outside money to help pay your wages.

If you don't want non local fans then you cannot have it both ways by accepting foreign players or even non Merseyside players at the club.

Realistically there's probably been only 2 dozen Liverpool born players who made an impact at Liverpool in the past 30 or 40 years, the rest are outsiders.

You obviously see things from a different perspective than the majority of us: to you football is obviously a tribalistic thing.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redtribe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:03 pm

dapioneer wrote:so last season did you all sit there and support houllier and his poor signings such as cheroyu, letallac( or whatever his name was) and diouf

Being a Liverpool Supporter

I oddly enough did support Houllier and his players because guess what for better or worse they were LFC last year!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:06 pm

J3sus, stop slating the players, all of the above apart from Kewell have had good seasons and even Kewell is starting to show some form, I agree their are some point that each player can improve on but so can any player!
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:06 pm

polygemus wrote:I seldom start new topics, as there are already enough topics with simimlar content lying around and it should be sufficient to reply to threads most of the time. However the halfawy mark of the season is coming and I feel a need to point out some underperforming players. This is my opinion only and the words may be a bit offensive as I am deeply frustrated by Liverpool's performance thus far. This article only applies to underperforming players who have played at least 10 games.

Glaring shortcomings thus far from these guys:

1. Chris Kirkland
£6million fr Coventry (British transfer record for goalkeeper)
-Failed to establish a commading presence in the penalty area.
-Slow to react in deadball situations esp freekicks.
The injury prone Kirkland clearly lacks confidence and has let in some soft goals. Fans are now crying for Dudek.

2. Josemi Gonzales
£2million fr Malaga
-Gives the ball away frequently.
-Gives away unnecessary fouls
-Gets caught out of position.
-Gets outrunned frequently by attackers even though he's only 25.
-Clueless when venturing forward.
The spanish defender has asked for time to settle down prior to his arrival in England. 16 games is more than enough. If you don't show your potential after so long, then u never did have it in the first place.

3. Djimi Traore
£0.55million fr Laval
-Gives the ball away frequently.
-Dabbles on the ball
-Clueless when venturing forward.
The French leftback came to Liverpool in 1999. He was given the tag by some of being the most promising young defender France had at that time. Liverpool won his signature ahead of AC Milan, PSG and Lazio. He has improved. At other Premiership team he would be value for money. However he clearly does not belong in a team trying to get into CL every year.

4. Harry Kewell
£5million fr Leeds
-Runs into defenders instead of pass them nowadays.
-An increase in weight has also lead to a suspect in fitness levels.
The Australian was already in a tailspin during Leeds' relegation season. It is doubted that he will ever regain his true form.

5. Luis Garcia
£6million fr Barcelona
-Reluctant to track back to help with defense
-Reluctant to chase after loose ball
The Spaniard has a lot of flair, but none of the grit and determination of Carragher. Has yet to justify his hefty price tag. He may have scored 3 goals, but only vs lowly opposition.

My opinion only. And pls dun throw in Diao's name as this thread only applies for players with frequent appearances lol

Thank the lord you are not the manager of ours (or in fact any) football club.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:08 pm

I dont believe for one minute that this fellas a red :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:10 pm

dapioneer wrote:so last season did you all sit there and support houllier and his poor signings such as cheroyu, letallac( or whatever his name was) and diouf

You're just the next in a long list of wind up merchants to grace the boards of www.liverpoolfc-forum.co.uk.

I'm bored of you already.  Stu and Leon are going to just love getting to know you.  Take that as a warning. 

I'm convinced you don't support Liverpool and your arguments for out of town fans not being worthy of supporting Liverpool lack moral integrity.

I hope you lose your job working at Anfield.  You don't deserve it.  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:11 pm

polygemus wrote:5. Luis Garcia
£6million fr Barcelona
-Reluctant to track back to help with defense
-Reluctant to chase after loose ball
The Spaniard has a lot of flair, but none of the grit and determination of Carragher.

do you seriously think we brought luis garcia to track back and tackle? he's an out and out attacking player who should be left to do his work between the half way line and the oppositions goal.

and as for not having the determination of carragher- you don't say. is the pope a catholic? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:12 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm bored of you already.  Stu and Leon are going to just love getting to know you.  Take that as a warning. 

What do you mean by that Johnny Mac ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:17 pm

get a grip will you.  just cos i express a honest opinion. 

listen to yourself dishing out the warnings and saying how you get rid of the manc scum of the board.  need to get a life.  i cant help if i speak the truth and all you armchair reds dont like it
100-1102639321

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:20 pm

dapioneer wrote:get a grip will you.  just cos i express a honest opinion. 

listen to yourself dishing out the warnings and saying how you get rid of the manc scum of the board.  need to get a life.  i cant help if i speak the truth and all you armchair reds dont like it

Just f**k off will you, go back to the blue sh1t3 forum!!

It's located here:

www.broke-ar5e-club.com

or

www.cant-afford-a-new-ground.co.uk

:;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:21 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I'm bored of you already.  Stu and Leon are going to just love getting to know you.  Take that as a warning. 

What do you mean by that Johnny Mac ??

what you on about
100-1102639321

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:24 pm

Paul C wrote:
dapioneer wrote:get a grip will you.  just cos i express a honest opinion. 

Just f**k off will you, go back to the blue sh1t3 forum!!

It's located here:

www.broke-ar5e-club.com

or

www.cant-afford-a-new-ground.co.uk

:;):

think you'll find liverpool seem to be having a bit of trouble with finances at the moment. 21m losses last year wasnt it
100-1102639321

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion