Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Just don't think he is very good. May score a cracker now and again but it's a bit like the emperors new clothes with him. No surprise there wasn't a rush for his signature in the summer and Milan were desperate to get rid of him
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 pm

ballotelliman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:05 am wrote:
ballotelliman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:29 pm wrote:will be his last game before he gets his 3 to 5 orchestrated ban before heading back to inter milan. Be interesting to see how much we get back and please noooooooooooooo loan move again.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet yet again but just read back page of papers tommorow. Be interesting to see if brendan dare uses mario tomorrow as hes desperate to get rid.  :nod

I suggest you take that trumpet and shove it up your Swiss :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 am

Thought he played with good energy on the weekend, just a shame De Gea saved his first shot because I feel he would have had the confidence to do better on the Markovic ball.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 am

I've stayed out of this because of personal feelings towards Mario Balotelli. However, what I will say is the lad is a quality player.
And has real quality about him. I also don't believe QPR apart his attitude has been as poor as made out by some, he's put himself about a bit and held up the ball well... his touch is imaculate and he doesn't get pushed off the ball.

He's never going to get you twenty goals a season but he does have other attributes, unfortunately, Rodgers expects him to come in and be Suarez. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, he doesn't have the infectious attitude, movement, work rate, leadership or clinical ability to set chances up. So why not change the system to suit a clearly talented player? Why are we asking him to effectively play to his weaknesses instead of his strengths? We should be looking at getting the best out of him, not asking him to replace a clearly better player directly and do the same job when he's nothing like the same mould of player.

It baffles me, reallly does.

On that basis I wouldn't judge Mario to harshly as of yet. Do I think he can make it work with Sturridge? If Danny can get fit yes, but under Rodgers? Not a chance, because he won't play a flat 4-4-2.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:I've stayed out of this because of personal feelings towards Mario Balotelli. However, what I will say is the lad is a quality player.
And has real quality about him. I also don't believe QPR apart his attitude has been as poor as made out by some, he's put himself about a bit and held up the ball well... his touch is imaculate and he doesn't get pushed off the ball.

He's never going to get you twenty goals a season but he does have other attributes, unfortunately, Rodgers expects him to come in and be Suarez. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, he doesn't have the infectious attitude, movement, work rate, leadership or clinical ability to set chances up. So why not change the system to suit a clearly talented player? Why are we asking him to effectively play to his weaknesses instead of his strengths? We should be looking at getting the best out of him, not asking him to replace a clearly better player directly and do the same job when he's nothing like the same mould of player.

On that basis I wouldn't judge Mario to harshly as of yet. Do I think he can make it work with Sturridge? If Danny can get fit yes, but under Rodgers? Not a chance, because he won't play a flat 4-4-2.

Great post.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 am wrote: because of personal feelings towards Mario Balotelli.

Very brave of you to admit that stu  :laugh:

Agree with your post though but had to highlight that part.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 am

Stu's a homo?  That medicine must be strong stuff....  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 am

Reg you have no idea mate :D x

What is this? Pick on the sick boy day? Pair of f*ckin bell*nds :(

:D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:22 am

According to Paul Ince its all balotelli's fault  :laugh:
Maddock has an interview with him and he has told brendan to dump mario before he destroys the club from within  :glare:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:22 am wrote:According to Paul Ince its all balotelli's fault  :laugh:
Maddock has an interview with him and he has told brendan to dump mario before he destroys the club from within  :glare:

I feel sorry for Mario, the press were on his case before he even arrived here and by the looks of it the manager was dead set against him coming here as well, imagine walking through the gates at a new club to find that out? No wonder the lad is snatching at chances.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Indian » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:40 pm

For those of you who are saying he's talented, I can't see it. He misses easy chances, has no movement, awareness or pace, consistently gets pushed off the ball and pretends he's been fouled and his passing is abysmal. There were times on Sunday when he had options around him and he neglected them to shoot from a ridiculous distance, so he's got no brain either. Where is the evidence of this talent as I can't see anything.
Red Indian

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:00 am wrote:I've stayed out of this because of personal feelings towards Mario Balotelli. However, what I will say is the lad is a quality player.

So in your opinion, who is the better player? Balotelli or Sturridge?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:22 am wrote:According to Paul Ince its all balotelli's fault  :laugh:

I feel sorry for Mario, the press were on his case before he even arrived here and by the looks of it the manager was dead set against him coming here as well, imagine walking through the gates at a new club to find that out? No wonder the lad is snatching at chances.

I agree yakka, He was on a hiding to nothing.
I said it at the time that I never felt that he was a rodgers signing but we could do with this kind of stuff staying out of the media as it only creates animosity.
Whoever it is thats leaking these stories needs to be found and promptly shown the door.
We look to be in complete disarray from top to bottom and if the players couldn't be bothered playing for each other or the manager we will never turn it around.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:22 pm

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:I've stayed out of this because of personal feelings towards Mario Balotelli. However, what I will say is the lad is a quality player.

Great post.

I would agree here as it's been a feeling that I've had for a while. I don't think that anyone would argue he is a Suarez substitute, but I think it's fair comment that he's not got the people around him at the moment to show the biggest value to the team. He hasn't sulked (much) and seems to be putting more of a shift in, so fair play to the fella.

The thing that always strikes me though when I see him coming on is his physical presence. He's like a feckin tank and he stands out so much compared to the rest of the team, I think it's a quality that shouldn't be overlooked (he's here now, so look to the positives is my thinking). Most tanks don't have the touch that he does and I love the way he is never hassled off the ball. He's held up play well at times which I think is part of his game, but he hasn't had that many options to lay off to.

I've no clue if we'll be able to provide the quality of player around him for him to shine as I think that is what he is heavily dependent on, but his success as we judge it is not just down to the player imho.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:23 pm

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 am wrote:

Great post.

I would agree here as it's been a feeling that I've had for a while. I don't think that anyone would argue he is a Suarez substitute, but I think it's fair comment that he's not got the people around him at the moment to show the biggest value to the team. He hasn't sulked (much) and seems to be putting more of a shift in, so fair play to the fella.

The thing that always strikes me though when I see him coming on is his physical presence. He's like a feckin tank and he stands out so much compared to the rest of the team, I think it's a quality that shouldn't be overlooked (he's here now, so look to the positives is my thinking). Most tanks don't have the touch that he does and I love the way he is never hassled off the ball. He's held up play well at times which I think is part of his game, but he hasn't had that many options to lay off to.

I've no clue if we'll be able to provide the quality of player around him for him to shine as I think that is what he is heavily dependent on, but his success as we judge it is not just down to the player imho.
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion