Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Coutesy of BBC Sport .

Mario Balotelli: Brendan Rodgers plays down striker exit talk

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has no plans to offload Mario Balotelli during the January transfer window.
The 24-year-old striker, who has scored twice in 15 games, has been linked with a return to Inter Milan by Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. 
"It's not something I have even thought about, to be honest," said Rodgers.
"We've had a lot of games this season in a lot of competitions and, at this moment in time, the key for me is to keep this squad together."
Liverpool were runners-up in the Premier League last season and were renowned for a high-intensity pressing style.
Before the 1-0 win at Burnley on Boxing Day, Rodgers admitted: "Working with Mario, we see he is someone who is better in and around the box so
that level of intensity and pressing isn't part of his game."

Why insist he doesn't suit our play ,and then contradict it with the suggestion the idea of him being sold never entered your head  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Didn't he say we'd never sign him?

Probably means he's off...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:00 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:20 pm wrote:Didn't he say we'd never sign him?

Probably means he's off...

I think he will put in a transfer request himself now ,regardless of Rodgers insistence he is not prepared to let him go .
Cant really blame the fella if he does.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I'd imagine there will be an orderly queue outside Rodgers office in January. :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:23 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:13 pm wrote:I'd imagine there will be an orderly queue outside Rodgers office in January. :D

I expect tents mate ,so as not to miss the rush  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:13 pm wrote:I'd imagine there will be an orderly queue outside Rodgers office in January. :D

I expect tents mate ,so as not to miss the rush  :;):

:laugh:
First come First serve.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:37 am

Suarez was an inspirational nutter  :laugh: Balotelli is a disruptional nutter !!

Personally I don't think he will ever become a Kop favourite or a star in the Premiership. There are several reasons why he only cost £16m but unfortunately the main reason is that is all he is worth. Could we sell him for more than £16m in January. I don't think we could. He doesn't really offer anymore than Lambert or Borini. Is it worth persisting with him or should we offload? If it was up to me I would get rid as soon as feasibly possible  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:57 pm

If Rodgers can find a way to get more from the new signings like markovic and can then why is it that he cannot find a system in which to include mario ? He is not the worst footballer at the club and has something to offer if given the chance.
There is no point in claiming he doesn't fit or suit the system as that was well known before he signed. His workrate is far higher than it was at city and you can clearly see he is trying when given the opportunity but maybe he is banging his head against a brick wall.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 pm

According to Jan Molby on Danish TV, apparently Balotelli got the hump prematch about not being in the team and made bit of a scene in the sponsors lounge today.
Doeboy

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:57 pm wrote:If Rodgers can find a way to get more from the new signings like markovic and can then why is it that he cannot find a system in which to include mario ? He is not the worst footballer at the club and has something to offer if given the chance.
There is no point in claiming he doesn't fit or suit the system as that was well known before he signed. His workrate is far higher than it was at city and you can clearly see he is trying when given the opportunity but maybe he is banging his head against a brick wall.

Because Rodgers....the great british coach that came up with 3-5-2 thinking about it during the wee hours of the morning..........can only coach youth players.

He does not have it in himself to handle established players. Look at the evidence...reina, agger, sahin, lucas, sakho....etc. As for Suarez...he is such a passionate player that he will probably run through walls for even the owl. So we can't put his good performance for us last season on Rodgers. In fact I think he performed very well inspite of Rodgers.

So if Rodgers is still our head coach....we would be better of buying young British players. He will do an awesome job with them.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Doeboy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 pm wrote:According to Jan Molby on Danish TV, apparently Balotelli got the hump prematch about not being in the team and made bit of a scene in the sponsors lounge today.

Wouldn't blame him if he did, That lad has been ridiculed by rodgers, made a scapegoat and then hung out to dry. No way does bore-ini or lame-bert deserve to be getting on ahead of him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:43 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:38 pm wrote:According to Jan Molby on Danish TV, apparently Balotelli got the hump prematch about not being in the team and made bit of a scene in the sponsors lounge today.

Wouldn't blame him if he did, That lad has been ridiculed by rodgers, made a scapegoat and then hung out to dry. No way does bore-ini or lame-bert deserve to be getting on ahead of him.

I can't blame the lad either....he must watch Borini in training and think BR has gone mental.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Balotelli has been dropped because he simply has not got the ability to score on a regular basis in the Premiership. This is his pathetic 2014/15 Premiership record:

Games
Goals
Assists
Shots

Prior to this season Balotelli had scored one goal in his last 16 Premiership matches. Was never convinced that he could replace Borini let alone Suarez !! This is a player with distinctly limited ability. He has been hyped to death. His off the pitch behaviour tells you all you need to know.

How anybody can feel sorry for this vastly overrated player is totally beyond me. HIS PATHETIC RECORD SAYS IT ALL !! Hate to criticise our lads but Balotelli is  unfortunately  living up to what a lot of people expected.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:33 pm

According to ilmessaggero, Raiola, Balotelli's agent is looking for January exit with a possibility of 6 month loan
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:33 pm

devaney » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:20 pm wrote:Balotelli has been dropped because he simply has not got the ability to score on a regular basis in the Premiership. This is his pathetic 2014/15 Premiership record:

Games
Goals
Assists
Shots

Prior to this season Balotelli had scored one goal in his last 16 Premiership matches. Was never convinced that he could replace Borini let alone Suarez !! This is a player with distinctly limited ability. He has been hyped to death. His off the pitch behaviour tells you all you need to know.

How anybody can feel sorry for this vastly overrated player is totally beyond me. HIS PATHETIC RECORD SAYS IT ALL !! Hate to criticise our lads but Balotelli is  unfortunately  living up to what a lot of people expected.

I'd have to say I'm starting to agree that he is over-hyped and quickly becoming a failed signing. I can't believe that he is the leading striker of the Italian National Team at the World Cup...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion