Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Hey guys. Ain't posted in a while. I still read a lot and checked in to read about Mario. Seen nothing posted yet, though I likely missed it. Anyway, Milam have accepted a £16m offer for him. Great player! Rodgers and co have hopefully thought it through and deemed it a worthy transfer.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

It's not official yet, but the £16million fee has been agreed and Mario has been quoted saying "I'm going to join Liverpool" by Sky Sports Italia.

Word on the grapevine is he'll be on 90k per week.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

30 goals in 50 app or so in serie a.

He knows how to find the back of the net ok, but are we just bringing him in as no 1 target cant be landed!??

Bit weary tho, another loose cannon, and as we have just rid ourselves of one looney tunes already.
Last edited by Bill Shankly Rules on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 pm wrote:30 goals in 50 app or so in serie a.

Bit weary tho, another loose cannon, and as we have just rid ourselves of one looney tunes already.

I'm confident that Balotelli won't racially abuse opposition players or bite them when things are not going his way.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Great business lets be honest a balotelli without the off field antics should cost double that plus borini now going i hope so basically its a straight swap deal for borini which carnt be a bad thing
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 pm wrote:
Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 pm wrote:30 goals in 50 app or so in serie a.

I'm confident that Balotelli won't racially abuse opposition players or bite them when things are not going his way.

True.

Instead he may get into a fisticuffs with BR at Melwood, proper tear up.

Hopefully, I can get tickets for that. :)
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Everything suggests we should be very wary of this signing - his discipline, apparent lack of work-rate and failure to settle at Inter, City and now Milan all by the age of 24.  But for some reason it really excites me.

He has bags of talent and if the right manager can nurture it then we could have a hell of a bargain at 16 million.  If anyone can man manage this guy its Rodgers.  He is the master at picking up lesser valued players for relatively small fees and turning their careers around, in his short time here he has already done that for Sturridge and Coutinho.  He's also done it for players he's inherited such as Suarez, Henderson and Sterling.

If he can get inside Balotelli's head and get him to work hard, the fans here will really take to this guy.  Like Sturridge it could be the right club at the right time.  But if Balotelli starts his nonsense he'll be out the door fairly quickly - and we could probably recoup most of the 16mil even if it goes that way given he is still only 24.  In that respect I think this is a low risk signing - could be an absolute steal but at worst we'll sell at a small loss.

I think if Ferguson (as much as I dislike the man) had got hold of Gascoigne when he wanted him then the guy's career and life could have been so different.  I feel the same way about Rodgers and Balotelli.

Let's all jump on the Mad Mario bandwagon!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm

We've always had a...let's say extroverted player on our books. The Kop needs such a player to ignite them, which in turn ignites the players. It's that bond that makes us special. Few players have left us in bad grace, and that could be a vital factor in this. Everyone new Sturridge could play long before we got him. Liverpool FC have utilised him well and treated him well and he knows it. I hope such a move could trigger an "I found home" attitude in Mario too.

But what matters is the lad can play football. And he plays it like no other. That's why we should get him.
RedAnt

Postby metalhead » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm massively worried.

he has no work rate what so ever, the Italian media here don't like him, I spoke to some Italians and they all think he is a f*cking moron with no love of the game. If he gets frustrated in games he will get the odd red card and cost his team points.

Why? why?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm

I suggest it's a "panic" buy by our manager. The lad doesn't tend to settle well at clubs.
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm not excited by this I must admit. But who else was going to say yes, seems like we've exhausted our other options. We need cover and he hasn't cost a fortune. Think Rodgers might struggle with him but he's in a red shirt now so he gets the benefit of the doubt before he does anything. Prove everyone wrong Mario, the stage is set...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm wrote:I suggest it's a "panic" buy by our manager. The lad doesn't tend to settle well at clubs.

eto or bony on the last day would have been a panic buy but im not sure you can class this as one, its definitely a gamble though.
i was surprised at hearing it as id never have him down as a rodgers type of player.  he wants players with high work rates who play as a team and mario is the complete opposite.
still though there is hope as mario has got to reinvent himself in the game and prove he can cut it at this level without the baggage. i trust that the club will set out guidelines as to whats expected of him on and off the field.
could end up being a fantastic signing if he comes with the right attitude.

mingy
                                                      skrtel                              lovren

gerrard
                                  johnson                                                               moreno

hendo               coutinho            sterling

baloteli                     sturridge

ideally id like to see johnson replaced but that isnt a bad team and for once we have actually a bit of depth on the bench.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 pm

You're all mad

16 million for 24 year old 1 goal in 2 games record where ever he has gone and you're saying its bad.

He does have a "reputation" but I can guarantee that he won't get banned for 10 games / 4 months at a time.

Get him on side and he will score goals.

Lets not forget we have the best sports psychologist on the planet.

And..... I LOVE the guy

Benvenuto Mario!
Kopite-Jud

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Kopite-Jud » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:21 pm wrote:You're all mad

16 million for 24 year old 1 goal in 2 games record where ever he has gone and you're saying its bad.

He does have a "reputation" but I can guarantee that he won't get banned for 10 games / 4 months at a time.

Get him on side and he will score goals.

Lets not forget we have the best sports psychologist on the planet.

And..... I LOVE the guy

Benvenuto Mario!

Have to say I agree. I read at first it was a loan deal and was surprised (and doubtful. I hate incoming loans) but later I read it was permanent, and for £16m I was shocked. I'm still a bit shocked. But so far the club under BR has really impressed me, especially the psyche of the team. I honestly think BR would stick rather than twist right now if he had doubts. I like players with character though. I know image is considered much more important in recent times but a lot more money is invested in countering actions that might effect image. So a gamble it may be, but gambling can be fun. So long as you're wise. And it can pay well too! Not that I'm much of a gambler personally. I'm too boring.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:09 pm

It wasn't that long ago we were signing the likes of Konchesky, a finished Joe Cole, Poulsen etc
Back in those days signing the likes of Balotelli and Markovic would have been a pipe dream.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion