Mario melchiot - We should have snapped him up before ...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:48 pm

The Brummies! 27 years old and out of favour at Chelsea.

a good replacement for hypia who is just two slow in my book,who we've seen the best of in my book, for the pace of the Prem.

We definately need a least one defender and there was your man, but Steve (boxers nose) bruce got there first.

Shame.

Anyone Disagree? prob most of you, so start your four letter abusive tirades here....>
84-1083280474

Postby mynameisred » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:14 pm

We need a centre half with pace and strength who can play alongside him, we get the best out of hypia when he is allowed to get on with his own game and not worry about what Biscan is doing. Henchoz was class but Im afraid if one of them has to go its gotta be him and ill chuck igor in for free.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:26 pm

TheHustler wrote:The Brummies! 27 years old and out of favour at Chelsea.

a good replacement for hypia who is just two slow in my book,who we've seen the best of in my book, for the pace of the Prem.

We definately need a least one defender and there was your man, but Steve (boxers nose) bruce got there first.

Shame.

Anyone Disagree? prob most of you, so start your four letter abusive tirades here....>

Simpily, I don't think Melchiot is 'good enough' to join liverpool. He is a type of player that is very mistake prone and doesn't seem determined in his game. He doesnt have the qualities to be a solid defender. Hes a decent player that derserves to join a middle class team. We are liverpool football club and should be looking at the likes of ayala, ballack, rosicky etc.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:40 pm

Erm I forgot to put that Melchiot isnt good enough for our starting eleven.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:50 pm

melchiot's a right-back. we don't need anymore right backs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:01 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:

Shame.

Simpily, I don't think Melchiot is 'good enough' to join liverpool. He is a type of player that is very mistake prone and doesn't seem determined in his game. He doesnt have the qualities to be a solid defender. Hes a decent player that derserves to join a middle class team. We are liverpool football club and should be looking at the likes of ayala, ballack, rosicky etc.

Agree with you, mate.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:04 pm

Not good enough, not a centre back, not good enough to lace jamie carraghers boots, not worth the effort or time or space or air for that matter!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby gerrard_steven » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:21 pm

mario is a bag of W*nk hes clumsy makes mistakes n just not good enought 4 a club like liverpool
gerrard_steven

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:06 pm

So because Sami's not quick he's poor?

He's never had pace and according to opta (which is a decent guide) he was the second best in the league in his position last season.

You also forget he was often doing 3 jobs at once as Riise was miserabley out of form and Biscan can't kick a ball.

He's excellent in just about every other area of his game and is one of the leagues best centre halfs.

Your judgement of players is appalling. How can you rate the likes of Berger and Matteo and critisise the likes of Murphy, Hyypia and Owen?
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:31 pm

stu_the_red wrote:So because Sami's not quick he's poor?

He's never had pace and according to opta (which is a decent guide) he was the second best in the league in his position last season.

You also forget he was often doing 3 jobs at once as Riise was miserabley out of form and Biscan can't kick a ball.

He's excellent in just about every other area of his game and is one of the leagues best centre halfs.

Your judgement of players is appalling. How can you rate the likes of Berger and Matteo and critisise the likes of Murphy, Hyypia and Owen?

Agree what you are saying, mate.

Stu, Hustler probably think that he is better than Hyypia!! :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:41 pm

I totally agree with you Stu.:)  I love Hyypia because he has all the quality a great center half possess (other than speed). You don't see him miss any header and most importantly, he has poise. How often do you see him panic. He was exposed to others fault last season and seems to make mistakes at times but if you rewind those tape, I'm sure you can see over 90% of the time he was covering up for others out of position. Many center half today possess great physical strength but not many are as tough mentally as Hyypia. :cool:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:09 pm

Shame.

You simply keep on highlighting the fact that you do not have a jar of glue lad.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bpm1976 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:23 pm

Sami doesnt need replacing, he simply needs a better defensive partner, some of the ferking players playing alongside him must of given him ferking nightmares! Biscan, jesus! He would IMO get in any team in the Prem, as said Mario is a right back and would not really of improved what we have!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:43 pm

Melchiot is a solid player with half-decent pace + likes to get forward but i don't believe he would improve the squad therefore i don't really see much point in signing the lad. As for him replacing Sami at CB - ?????? - Melchiot is a RB, always has been as far as i know. I don't think Sami is quite the dominant player he was a couple of years ago but that may just be a reflection of how the whole team has been playing. Maybe we will see Dolf back to his imperious best this season? I don't really think he has lost a step coz he has always been about reading the game, excellent positional sense and being indomitable in the air.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:54 pm

stu_the_red wrote:So because Sami's not quick he's poor?

My Judgement of players ia apalling is it then?

well considering that you "Know It all" then Stu, probably a Juvenile scouse offender in 'Da Pool', tell me with Hypia Owen and Murphy in the team last season , why were we often so poor! ??? Explain that one you brat.
If you say its bad luck, then you are talking the same ****** that got Houllier the sack.

Well these are good players arent they??? So why didnt we lift the premiership crown?  DOH!

Moron, Stick to what you know best...Which is P*ss All!

As for Melchiot being "Not good Enough" He's better than Carra for sure, whom i dont rate much.
Pace is everything when you are a defender, and although he can tackle, Hypia is on his last legs. Carra always gets skinned, Finnan is "average" at best. Henchoz is ok though, and id keep him.
84-1083280474

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion